E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OMG road rage karma

02-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #265
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Yes, the raptor driver was an asshole but the honda driver was the bigger asshole.
I'm still adding the cinema photographer to that list of assholes for expressing such utter joy "nice, good for you, that's what you get, you suck" after witnessing such a horrific, crash and apparently not stopping to see if the a-hole Honda driver was alright, dead, needed help, a call to 911, their neck snapped to make the end quick

*Disclaimer- I don't know for sure they didn't stop, but it sure looked and sounded like they were extremely happy for the karma and just couldn't wait to post some A-hole's misery on the net.

*Disclaimer 2 - I'm not an overly nice, bleeding heart person (my kids say I'm "prickly" ) )but if I saw that, even I'd stop to see if I could do anything for the jerk .
upstatedoc7572.00
shiftdnb378.50
Dino GT35149.00
      02-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #266
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

That's what happens when you think your Honest Accord is fast lol.

Accord driver is driving aggressively and recklessly with all the lane changing and tailgating, he is 100% at fault. Got what he deserved.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-05-2022, 12:43 PM   #267
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAM3R View Post
Take a deep breath lol. There was a lot to read in here so I may have missed a post or two directly saying the Accord was worse. But I think the general consensus is that although the Accord caused his own accident and endangered people, the truck was not innocent and escalated the situation. I understand the cop says he didn’t do anything technically illegal but I would hope most people can agree that the situation was escalated by BOTH vehicles.
For sure, and as we all learned, there is a difference between good defensive driving and what one is technically guilty of under the law. I think responsible drivers would recognize that both drivers are bad and did nothing to de-escalate and should've avoided many things, but the Accord was far worse and did it all (the crash) to himself (reminds me of another video where a Lambo was racing and being tailed by a Viper? and the Lambo did a similar move - NOT going on the shoulder though - and lost control and slammed off the road...solely his fault there too). The law said that the Accord is the only one at fault but again just speaking of proper & good driving conduct, they both knew exactly what they were doing, just that the Accord was worse. Nobody reasonable refutes that, definitely not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
See posts #244 and #247. I've already addressed what's going on here. I quoted your initial statement, and in the process of typing my reply, you edited your statement that was quoted. Your edit does not register once I begin my reply to you, so whatever you initially typed when I decided to quote you is the quote that will be displayed in my reply. In either case, the edit you made isn't really stating anything differently than your original statement, so I'm not sure why exactly you're posting lengthy diatribes.
That's exactly what happened, happens/happened to me too at times. The 'Sophisticated' Redneck had a noticeable habit of editing many of his previous posts and the postmarks show it but NOW he's suddenly very exact. He doesn't even realize he's the one who edited. Talk about being off his rocker. Doesn't even make sense accusing you of that crazy thing as it doesn't change anything. I can't even.... The restraint you have interacting w that guy, props man LOL.

If this below post isn't insanity and total crazy emotion. Who's gonna read all that wall of text??? (Don't bother retorting, I merely skimmed it but the 1st bolded stood out - I did that bolding, so don't go accusing me of surreptitiously 'altering' your post smh - , pretty low of you and delusional.) As for the 1st bolded part, this is MY thread, ofc I'll be around and I +1 everyone who makes sense (and just happens Sedan makes a lot of that since he's the expert here). Sycophant lol, talk about you getting personal. I'm just being reasonable, if I'm a sycophant, you're an attn-seeking NUTCASE piggybacking on someone else's grief. Pretty classless tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
You absolutely did try to spin a strawman and your junior-high level of manipulation is pathetic. You also directly edited my original post by removing key words to make it come across as I was stating fact in attempt to give your strawman foundation. I guess we should not be surprised however when you have bragged about using obscure laws to pull someone over if you feel like it.

You are fooling nobody save for your number one fan/sycophant who follows you around this thread like a lost puppy. I will spell it all out for you since it obviously keeps flying over your head. (Or is your trolling game on point?)

First lets start off with some basic definitions since it seems to be escaping you. I shouldn't have to spell this out but here we are:

A strawman is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.

Now my original post:

"My brother in law recently lost his 25 year old daughter. He missed being by her side when she died by only minutes due to traffic.

It has changed how I see aggressive drivers. Sure they could just be a douche on wheels, but more often then not I bet it is an actual emergency.."

At no point did I say it was a medical emergency. You do understand what that is do you not? Lets bust out the dictionary just in case you are not trolling me:

A medical emergency is a sudden injury or serious illness that, if not treated right away, could cause death or serious harm.

Sorry to break it to ya, but rushing to be by a family members side who is already at a hospital and terminal is not an medical emergency that could be better suited to a ambulance or 911 call. It is just an EMERGENCY, just as I stated. The father showing up or not has nothing do with her medical condition.

Now lets what see happened next, your original post:
"No it is not! The likelihood of a driver operating a motor vehicle aggressively due to a medical emergency is a low percentage outlier."

Your immediate post was a strawman, you misdirected the argument into a false medical emergency narrative that I never said. Nice manipulation that making it sound as though it was typical medical emergency that should have been handled by 911.

You then follow up with:
In my career I can count on ONE or maybe TWO hand(s) the number of people who have caused collisions due to medical emergencies; usually from seizures or heart attacks behind the wheel. On average I respond to 5-6 collisions A DAY on top of all of the assaults [with deadly weapons], robberies, burglaries, car jackings, etc.

Nothing to do with what I said, my argument had nothing to with someone suffering a medical condition causing and accident.

Finally your c'est de la resistance and the highlight of your strawman:
]P.S. If you're having a medical emergency, pull over and call 911. The highway patrol, fire department and EMS will be far more useful and effective than driving like a jerk.

Again nothing to do with my original argument and a stawman attempt to make it sound like as if I was arguing for driving in a emergency situation that a ambulance/EMS could better take care of, Tossing a PS in front of it does not hide it from being a strawman buddy. People are not that dumb and can see your tactics (save for your trusty forum puppy) a mile away.

And you know what? Your a real piece of work when you consider my entire post was about giving people the benefit of the doubt, showing a little freaking humanity and letting them pass as to not make the situation worse and deescalate the situation and your stance this entire thread has been from the truck did nothing wrong since everything it did was technically legal, (lets just ignore the part where he broke the speed limit to block the car and made contact with the Honda as that doesn't fit your narrative)

Your words as an officer carry alot of weight on this forum. I wonder will you feel any responsibility should one of the members here feel emboldened by your stance that they are in the legal right and block someone trying to pass that results in a future accident involving innocent people/cars not related to the altercation? I doubt it, you seem like the lawfully evil type. You should have been a lawyer (no offense to decent lawyers out there, both of you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Completely agree. 80/20 split IMHO. My problem is with people like Sedan_Clan who think the truck did nothing wrong. He is being disingenuous by denying the truck had to speed to catch and block the Honda. Can't really blame him though, he has to deal with lunatics everyday so enjoying seeing one eat it is understandable. Doesn't change the fact the Raptor shares some of the blame and broke the law too. So many fanboys fawning over him here so few call him out on it.
Talk about flipflopping, I thought you always said that the truck was mostly to blame? You're unstable.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-05-2022, 01:09 PM   #268
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I'm still adding the cinema photographer to that list of assholes for expressing such utter joy "nice, good for you, that's what you get, you suck" after witnessing such a horrific, crash and apparently not stopping to see if the a-hole Honda driver was alright, dead, needed help, a call to 911, their neck snapped to make the end quick

*Disclaimer- I don't know for sure they didn't stop, but it sure looked and sounded like they were extremely happy for the karma and just couldn't wait to post some A-hole's misery on the net.

*Disclaimer 2 - I'm not an overly nice, bleeding heart person (my kids say I'm "prickly" ) )but if I saw that, even I'd stop to see if I could do anything for the jerk .
Ya, carcam guy did stop, check on him, give info to cops, etc.

Very frankly speaking here, it's great you guys are all forgiving and good Samaritans stopping for the Accord despite knowing what he did. Put it this way, if I turned crazy and drove like the Accord, I wouldn't expect anyone to stop for me, I deserved it. In any event, eventually somebody would've stop as there would be ppl who didn't see him being a dbag and just a victim in a flipped car.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #269
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:

Very frankly speaking here, it's great you guys are all forgiving and good Samaritans stopping for the Accord despite knowing what he did. Put it this way, if I turned crazy and drove like the Accord, I wouldn't expect anyone to stop for me, I deserved it. In any event, eventually somebody would've stop as there would be ppl who didn't see him being a dbag and just a victim in a flipped car.
Thank you for clarifying that he did stop. It appeared to me the multiple times I watched it as if he just kept going and gloating about karma taking the wheel.

I'll take him off the asshole list
      02-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #270
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
He's no angel, he's recording this with a phone while driving when it could have been very bad for a lot of people including himself.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #271
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:

This statement reminds me of a good story.

Sometime mid-last year I was working a traffic collision with a beat partner and I was providing traffic control because it was his handle. I had my unit - with lights activated - blocking lanes so the tow truck driver could load the vehicle onto the flatbed with relative safety. Everybody yielded except one asshat in a pick-up truck who decided to completely ignore the presence of my patrol vehicle, drive over the raised concrete center median and continue past the accident scene. I pursued the driver in my patrol vehicle and he yielded about a half a mile west of where the violation was committed. About two minutes into my traffic stop (…and me admittedly yelling at the driver), two vehicles pulled up and stated the driver of the pick-up truck committed a hit and run by colliding with their parked vehicles and leaving the scene. There was visible damage to his truck and my investigation revealed the other parties to be truthful. So, I cited him, told him to walk home and I impounded his truck for 30 days pending further investigation.

Fast forward 20 minutes or so….

…a lady who had no idea what was going on (…and who should've minded her own business) comes up to me and says, "Deputy, aren't you going to give him a ride home? I don't think it's right for you to allow him to walk home since you're the one towing his vehicle. Maybe I should give him a ride home since you won't." It took every ounce of patience for me not to yell at her, but I responded by saying, "Ma'am, you don't know anything about what's going on and frankly it is not your concern. That man is an unlicensed driver who knowingly hit multiple parked cars and left the scene. Shortly thereafter he failed to yield to an emergency vehicle, drove his pick-up truck over the raised concrete center median into oncoming lanes and then sped away. Do you think than man deserves any sympathy? If it was your parked vehicle he collided with (…and left the scene), would you still feel the same way?" She backpedaled pretty quickly and exclaimed, "Oh! I didn't know that!" Of course you didn't nosey ass! How could you know anything having no context and not witnessing what occurred prior to your arrival?!?! I was annoyed.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2022, 01:59 PM   #272
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying that he did stop. It appeared to me the multiple times I watched it as if he just kept going and gloating about karma taking the wheel.

Haha, no worries. However, I have to ask since I see similar concerns in other threads, we clearly see the vehicle the Accord almost sideswipes stop already, so how many ppl do you wanna see stop for him? There's a saying that once there's too much help, it just gets chaotic instead of being effective.

It's alright, he's gonna get attended to even if carcam guy didn't stop.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #273
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Sometime mid-last year I was working a traffic collision with a beat partner and I was providing traffic control because it was his handle. I had my unit - with lights activated - blocking lanes so the tow truck driver could load the vehicle onto the flatbed with relative safety. Everybody yielded except one asshat in a pick-up truck who decided to completely ignore the presence of my patrol vehicle, drive over the raised concrete center median and continue past the accident scene. I pursued the driver in my patrol vehicle and he yielded about a half a mile west of where the violation was committed. About two minutes into my traffic stop (…and me admittedly yelling at the driver), two vehicles pulled up and stated the driver of the pick-up truck committed a hit and run by colliding with their parked vehicles and leaving the scene. There was visible damage to his truck and my investigation revealed the other parties to be truthful. So, I cited him, told him to walk home and I impounded his truck for 30 days pending further investigation.

…a lady who had no idea what was going on (…and who should've minded her own business) comes up to me and says, "Deputy, aren't you going to give him a ride home? I don't think it's right for you to allow him to walk home since you're the one towing his vehicle. Maybe I should give him a ride home since you won't." It took every ounce of patience for me not to yell at her, but I responded by saying, "Ma'am, you don't know anything about what's going on and frankly it is not your concern. That man is an unlicensed driver who knowingly hit multiple parked cars and left the scene. Shortly thereafter he failed to yield to an emergency vehicle, drove his pick-up truck over the raised concrete center median into oncoming lanes and then sped away. Do you think than man deserves any sympathy? If it was your parked vehicle he collided with (…and left the scene), would you still feel the same way?" She backpedaled pretty quickly and exclaimed, "Oh! I didn't know that!" Of course you didn't nosey ass! How could you know anything having no context and not witnessing what occurred prior to your arrival?!?! I was annoyed.
Haha, nice. What an idiot, maybe he would've gotten away w it if he passed properly but luckily fate intervened and you caught him. 2 mins' lead is a lifetime, he was gone.

Her name was Karen, right?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #274
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, nice. What an idiot, maybe he would've gotten away w it if he passed properly but luckily fate intervened and you caught him. 2 mins' lead is a lifetime, he was gone.

Her name was Karen, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #275
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, no worries. However, I have to ask since I see similar concerns in other threads, we clearly see the vehicle the Accord almost sideswipes stop already, so how many ppl do you wanna see stop for him? There's a saying that once there's too much help, it just gets chaotic instead of being effective.

It's alright, he's gonna get attended to even if carcam guy didn't stop.
I'll stick with the more well known saying "help your fellow man" (even if he's driving like a jerk and really messed up).

But you do you.
      02-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #276
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'll stick with the more well known saying "help your fellow man" (even if he's driving like a jerk and really messed up).

But you do you.
Hey, if I was the Accord, let me die in peace man lol. Karma trumps both our sayings, just sayin'

Yup, very big of you for sure (I mean that sincerely). I'm just saying somebody already stopped for him, no need for a big crowd (and I'm sure many ppl behind carcam dude stopped as well, that's almost guaranteed).
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 03:01 PM   #277
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Can we get back on topic...

And all just admit that the Accord had one wicked-ass cool crash?
Hell ya, that's why I started this (esp since the dbag didn't really get hurt, so it's open for fun), it was a wicked Dukes of Hazards-type crash and totally unexpected, just unfortunate it turned into a pissing match and various ppl showing where they stand, kinda telling how they would react as drivers.

I just thought it would be more comments like yours. Oh well.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00
      02-05-2022, 03:56 PM   #278
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Folks do not take matters into your own hands.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #279
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Folks do not take matters into your own hands.

The Accord driver should've watched that video.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:17 PM   #280
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The truck driver should too
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #281
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Hell ya, that's why I started this (esp since the dbag didn't really get hurt, so it's open for fun), it was a wicked Dukes of Hazards-type crash and totally unexpected, just unfortunate it turned into a pissing match and various ppl showing where they stand, kinda telling how they would react as drivers.

I just thought it would be more comments like yours. Oh well.
It was a race-level crash. Thanks for posting it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #282
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It was a race-level crash. Thanks for posting it.
Ya, that too, reminds me of NASCAR.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #283
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Ya, that too, reminds me of NASCAR.
LOL. That's what I first put then went generic.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #284
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
LOL. That's what I first put then went generic.
Dude, are you trying to give me a brain aneurysm??? What was that, some type of ebonics??

EDIT: ok, I get it now lmao, still...
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00
      02-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #285
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

So Sedan_Clan if I use the bathroom excuse, and then piss myself, you going to add urinating/defecating in public? I had to avoid several officers (NOT speeding) somewhere in the IE because I had to go SO bad. None of the stores were open (thanks, COVID) and I was wanting to make some inappropriate lane changes, but there were patrol vehicles covering all the corners.

I ended up pulling into a condo complex, pissed my shorts all over the wife's 325, but managed to get most of it into a cup standing by the car. Then drove on to another neighborhood, again saw patrol vehicle, and then found that the next morning was trash day in that neighborhood. I emptied the cup in a storm drain and tossed it in a trash can.

Drove a few more miles, found a dark corner in a medical plaza, and changed my shorts.

On the Good Samaritan front, if the Accord had struck another vehicle, that would have been the one I checked before coming to aid the Accord.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50
      02-07-2022, 01:32 PM   #286
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
So I don't know if she hit him with her vehicle (I assume so, since vehicular manslaughter), but hypothetically then, what is wrong with just following the other vehicle that is trying to get away?

If he hits more people, that can't be your fault right? I don't know, if I were in her situation, I'd be tempted to follow him too, because I don't think he'd ever be brought to justice otherwise. But I wouldn't use my vehicle to hit him or something, which I'm assuming she did and that's why she is being charged?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25301.50