E90Post

Evolve Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Road rage crash caught on video...

03-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
P1et
Brigadier General

Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i

Road rage crash caught on video...

I'm certain quite a few of you have already seen this video this morning, but in case you hadn't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqZoaWKv2k

Although road rage is never justified, I cannot stand people that hog the left lane like that. In Texas, where we have the world's worst drivers, it's a true epidemic. Enrages me to no end.
      03-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
ddk632
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2000 Not-A-BMW

Garage List
Agree on left lane hogs but being all pissy about it is dumb and silly. Just overtake and move on. Clearly he didn't have the necessary driving skills to even pull a basic overtake maneuver. He tried an aggressive "cut off" style pass and couldn't control his truck. They were only doing about 60.

Moral of the story: left lane hogger is an ass, but truck driver was a dumbass!
      03-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Maestro
Captain

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

The math and story do not match up, we all saw in the video she was going 60 MHP and claimed she was exiting in 1/2 and claimed that the she started videoing after 1 minute of tailgate here and side he was tailgating her for 3 minutes in total.

If she was really exiting in 1/2 mile the video would never have existed since she would have covered that 1/2 mile in 30 second. From the looks of it, she was actually riding next to a 18 wheeler for most of the video until the 18 wheeler began to slow and the guy in the truck could get around her.

The Truck Driver was an ass no doubt about it. But she provoked this, she was probable on of those self proclaim enforcer of the speed limit LLH, they get along side a truck and hang at the rear bumper so that other drivers can not get pass and keep adjusting their speed to not to pass the truck. It definitely looks like she was doing this and was doing it longer than 1/2 mile it was more like 3 or 4 miles she was doing it.

Last edited by Maestro; 03-28-2014 at 01:16 PM.
      03-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
P1et
Brigadier General

Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The math and story do not match up, we all saw in the video she was going 60 MHP and claimed she was exiting in 1/2 and claimed that the she started videoing after 1 minute of tailgate here and side he was tailgating her for 3 minutes in total.

If she was really exiting in 1/2 mile the video would never have existed since she would have covered that 1/2 mile in 30 second. From the looks of it, she was actually riding next to a 18 wheeler for most of the video until the 18 wheeler began to slow and the guy in the truck could get around her.

The Truck Drive was an ass no doubt about it. But she provoked this, she was probable on of those self proclaim enforcer of the speed limit LLH hogs, they get along side a truck and hang at the rear bumper so that other drivers can not get pass and keep adjusting their speed to not to pass the truck. it definitely look like see was doing this and was doing it longer than 1/2 mile it was more like 3 or 4 miles she was doing it.
Agree with you 100% here. Other drivers aren't here to enforce local laws. That's a job for the police. On the other hand, I'd be extremely upset if my wife came home and told me she'd encountered road rage along the lines of the fella in the video.

Both parties equally at fault I say. You can tell by her laughter towards the end of the video that she found pleasure in pissing this guy off to the point where he crashed.
      03-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
iBoost
Brigadier General

Drives: real slow

Lmfao! What an epic video! His face while flipping her off is hilarious.
      03-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless

Drives: Space Grey E92s

This is road rage, I really like the ending.
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
      03-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Diesel X5
Private

Drives: X5 35d X

Garage List
It's always funny to watch road rage videos especially the ones in Russia. They always get out of their cars and beat the crap out of each other. But with the amount of dash -cams and phone videos out there, you're going to pay the price.
Diesel X5 is offline   Canada
      03-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Diesel X5
Private

Drives: X5 35d X

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
The look on their face is priceless
Diesel X5 is offline   Canada
      03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)

Drives: C7 Stringray

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Lol seems about your typical big truck driver in Texas.

Granted if you are going on the slow lane move over!!!

They also lose points for not filming the correct way
      03-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur

Drives: 2011 DY E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
That's fake by the way.

Anyway,
The lady's voice screams 'bitch.'
I say she was being just that... But so was the truck driver.
They both fail.
      03-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless

Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
That's fake by the way.

Anyway,
The lady's voice screams 'bitch.'
I say she was being just that... But so was the truck driver.
They both fail.
I know it's fake, still a great video to watch.
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
      03-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
MetsFan
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 e90 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I agree, they're both at fault. At around 1:10, does she speed up to not let him in or does he slow down to keep yelling at her?
      03-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

She may actually be liable in some way.
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      03-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

It appears to me that he saw she was recording him so he slowed down to tell her he though she was number 1 in his book. Then he looked where he was going and had to swerve to miss someone slowing down him his lane.

I like the result. Assuming jack ass didn't get hurt of course.

The laws of the road are defined but etiquette is just that. It's not the law, it's just how you should behave. As much as it pisses me off when someone is sitting their fat, speed limit driving ass in the left lane; i just sit there and wait for an opening. When it comes, i use it. Don't look at the other driver, don't gesture, nothing. Just simply pass them. They're entitled to drive on the road at the speed limit or even under it a bit all day long.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 03-28-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      03-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
NemesisX
Captain

Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
It appears to me that he saw she was recording him so he slowed down to tell her he though she was number 1 in his book. Then he looked where he was going and had to swerve to miss someone slowing down him his lane.

The laws of the road are defined but etiquette is just that. It's not the law, it's just how you should behave. As much as it pisses me off when someone is sitting their fat, speed limit driving ass in the left lane; i just sit there and wait for an opening. When it comes, i use it. Don't look at the other driver, don't gesture, nothing. Just simply pass them. They're entitled to drive on the road at the speed limit or even under it a bit all day long.
I thought he simply felt the need to advertise the number of viable brain cells he's working with at the moment

I completely agree with your post, though.

Unless there is a pressing emergency of some kind, there is rationally no reason to get upset at a left lane hogger. Why? Because 99% of the time you'll find that you won't save any appreciable time on your commute by speeding 10 or 20 MPH over the limit, especially if we're talking about within-city commutes. There's always a traffic light or backed up traffic or being stopped by the police (for speeding) or something that inevitably serves as the "rate limiting step" for your overall commute.
      03-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #16
NemesisX
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
I agree, they're both at fault. At around 1:10, does she speed up to not let him in or does he slow down to keep yelling at her?
He slows down because he's an idiot. He has nowhere to go. He has nothing important to do. Instead of taking the opportunity to pass her, he slowed down to flip her the bird.
      03-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
gatorfast
Colonel

Drives: MR E90 M3

Both parties are major dbags. Not sure why anyone would intentionally want to prevent a faster driver from passing like that lady did. Obv she was just trying to be obnoxious for no apparent reason. Then not sure why anyone would slow down just to give someone the finger. Just pass the slow poke and move on.
      03-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #18
Vic311
Banned

Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Everything is bigger in Texas.
Vic311 is offline   United_States
      03-28-2014, 10:32 PM   #19
NemesisX
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Egos included
      03-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #20
Kong Sheng Han
First Lieutenant

Drives: TiAg/Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311
My car is pretty small compared to the general public.

2001 M3 Coupe TiAg/Black
PSS10 Coilovers | Turner Camber Plates | Lowe's Clutch Stop | Alcantara Shift/E-Brake Boot | BMW Performance Shift Knob | LED Tail Lights | Clear Front Reflectors | Headers with a Leak | Two New Rear Bumpers | 219M Wheels Coming Soon |
Kong Sheng Han is offline   United_States
      03-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #21
Devious21
Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:

The law actually does state that you should be in the right most lane unless you are passing or turning left. I don't know what dictates specifically how long you can sit in the left lane to "exit" but I'm sure there's is some limit (my turn was coming up in 10 miles!).

It also does specifically mention it's against the law to be in the left lane slower than "the speed of traffic" and not the "speed limit". That's kind of hard to determine the speed of traffic with only two cars though (one blocker and one wanting to pass). So while she would most likely not be ticketed, she was tip towing around the law there. She should have merged right to let him pass.

In the beginning of the video she is deliberately holding speed with the truck next to her, while in the passing lane. That violates vehicle code, I'm almost positive. I'd have to find Florida's.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Devious21 is offline   No_Country
      03-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #22
Kong Sheng Han
First Lieutenant

Drives: TiAg/Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21
Quote:

The law actually does state that you should be in the right most lane unless you are passing or turning left. I don't know what dictates specifically how long you can sit in the left lane to "exit" but I'm sure there's is some limit (my turn was coming up in 10 miles!).

It also does specifically mention it's against the law to be in the left lane slower than "the speed of traffic" and not the "speed limit". That's kind of hard to determine the speed of traffic with only two cars though (one blocker and one wanting to pass). So while she would most likely not be ticketed, she was tip towing around the law there. She should have merged right to let him pass.

In the beginning of the video she is deliberately holding speed with the truck next to her, while in the passing lane. That violates vehicle code, I'm almost positive. I'd have to find Florida's.
This is Texas. We solve problems like this by shooting at them. This guy is a dumbass for not carrying a gun.

2001 M3 Coupe TiAg/Black
PSS10 Coilovers | Turner Camber Plates | Lowe's Clutch Stop | Alcantara Shift/E-Brake Boot | BMW Performance Shift Knob | LED Tail Lights | Clear Front Reflectors | Headers with a Leak | Two New Rear Bumpers | 219M Wheels Coming Soon |
Kong Sheng Han is offline   United_States