E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Closing of "The People's House"

03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You guys are all so concerned about the White House being closed for visitors. How do you folks feel about the working poor having the rug pulled out from under them due to cuts from the sequester? Such as maybe 100,000 homeless people losing their assistance. How about 70,000 children losing the assistance they receive from the Head Start program? What about the 125,000 families that struggle with their meager incomes and have to take assistance from the government for their rent?

Nope, you guys apparently don't care one bit about those people, otherwise you would have brought that up. Nope, instead you guys just regurgitate yet another talking point from your lords over @ Fox News. Have to say, I am not surprised at all.
Funny, half of the park next to my house was just turned into a Head Start facility. Now there are children there every day.

Interestingly enough, the other half of the park the baseball fields were also renovated. What's interesting about it is that all they did was dig up the old clay infields and put in new clay infields. The end result is nearly identical. They probably could have started another Head Start facility with the funds they wasted on the ball fields.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Drives: 4 wheels

Its been learned that Sasha and Malia Obama are quietly on spring break vacationing at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. While the kids that couldn't afford a Caribbean vacation weren't even able to tour the WH. I guess that Mexico was deemed to dangerous for the O kids this year. Oh BTW did the air traffic Control Tower in your area close last week.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #25
rohms3
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396 View Post
Its been learned that Sasha and Malia Obama are quietly on spring break vacationing at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. While the kids that couldn't afford a Caribbean vacation weren't even able to tour the WH. I guess that Mexico was deemed to dangerous for the O kids this year. Oh BTW did the air traffic Control Tower in your area close last week.
How about VP Joes latest trip...

1 night in London at the Hyatt = $459,338
1 night in Paris at the Intercontinental = $585,000

Very efficient use of taxpayer money.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #26
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
How about VP Joes latest trip...

1 night in London at the Hyatt = $459,338
1 night in Paris at the Intercontinental = $585,000

Very efficient use of taxpayer money.
This shit drives me crazy
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
rohms3
Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
This shit drives me crazy
Not to worry, Joe still empthasies with the "99%" from his $3800/night presedential suite.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
Not to worry, Joe still empthasies with the "99%" from his $3800/night presedential suite.
and his armed guards and security detail, and and and
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
and his armed guards and security detail, and and and
He should just get him self a shotgun......

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
He should just get him self a shotgun......
two barrels should do the trick
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #31
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
      03-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #32
Mss396
Jet Pilot
Germany

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Sorry I don't understand where you get the idea that someone is hated. No one hates anyone in the Royal family. It's just that some disagree with the example that we are to follow
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #33
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry I don't understand where you get the idea that someone is hated. No one hates anyone in the Royal family. It's just that some disagree with the example that we are to follow
At least have the nuts to own your opinions. Do you just routinely take time from your day to criticize where an 11 year old and 14 year old spend their spring break? Or are you posting that drivel because of your hatred of our president?
      03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #34
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Quote:
You're kinda new here so you're probably not aware that saying something negitive about the current administration is usually preceived by the resident liberals as racist and/or hateful.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
At least have the nuts to own your opinions. Do you just routinely take time from your day to criticize where an 11 year old and 14 year old spend their spring break? Or are you posting that drivel because of your hatred of our president?
No, he hates Atlantis, not those charming children.

And that's a peanut butter sandwich, not a cracker.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #36
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
That's just awful. How dare those kids be allowed to go on vacation anywhere ever. No other president's kids were allowed to go anywhere on vacation. This is an absolute outrage. Those kids should be impeached!
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #37
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
That's just awful. How dare those kids be allowed to go on vacation anywhere ever. No other president's kids were allowed to go anywhere on vacation. This is an absolute outrage. Those kids should be impeached!
Not that I begrudge them the perks, I don't.

But it's at least a bit tone deaf don't you think?

How many parents in America today can send their kids to the Bahamas? How many can afford to send them anywhere?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #38
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

We could give a shit where the president's kids go for spring break. The point is that bullshit politics of closing the WH when it's cost to run is a minuscule part of the budget.

People blindly believe that head start programs are being cut because they don't know where the head start programs are. They believe that homeless people are loosing their soup kitchens because they don't know where the soup kitchens are. They believe people aren't getting their government assistance because they don't know anyone getting government assistance. But they know where the WH is and they know it's closed. If the WH is closed, all the other stuff must be happening as well.... right?

Never mind that head start programs are popping up all over the place and that vast majority of soup kitchens and shelters are not run by the government and the fact that government assistance has not stopped.

The point about his kids being in the islands for SB is that for many other kids, the only opportunity to do anything outside of their 5 block radius of life is a school trip to the WH which can't happen because of bullshit political pouting.

If anyone really believes that the fed govt can't find some mismanaged money to cut out of the budget to keep something as small as the "People's House" open; then how can you possibly believe they can get us out of the deficit pickle that we're in?

Think about that for a minute.... if the Fed Government (not democrats or republicans, but the government as a whole) can't manage the money well enough to keep the WH open to the public, which the public paid for. Then how can we possibly trust that they can get us out of the hole we're in?

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #39
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
You're kinda new here so you're probably not aware that saying something negitive about the current administration is usually preceived by the resident liberals as racist and/or hateful.
+1

Especially to the racist part. It's a shame ScotchandCigar got banned (like three times, pathetic), he'd be calling you all racist all day long.
      03-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
We could give a shit where the president's kids go for spring break.
Good, then leave them out of it. Your beef is with the Govt, not with the Obama kids. It's a cheap shot to 2 innocent kids who don't deserve it.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #41
JAM3S
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

LOL yea im sure the comments on this tiny forum are really ruining their million dollar spring break getaway.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #42
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Good, then leave them out of it. Your beef is with the Govt, not with the Obama kids. It's a cheap shot to 2 innocent kids who don't deserve it.
Not that i brought up BO's kids, but isn't closing the WH tours also a cheap shot to innocent kids who don't deserve it? Lets be equal now....

In your words.... "Obama's beef is with the republicans, not with the kids of DC. It's a cheap shot to THOUSANDS of innocent kids who don't deserve it."

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #43
rohms3
Lieutenant
United_States

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #44
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Not that i brought up BO's kids, but isn't closing the WH tours also a cheap shot to innocent kids who don't deserve it? Lets be equal now....

In your words.... "Obama's beef is with the republicans, not with the kids of DC. It's a cheap shot to THOUSANDS of innocent kids who don't deserve it."
Your sudden concern for the kids of DC is touching, but at least be consistent. Where's your concern for the 2 innocent little DC kids who have nothing to do with why you are pissed off? The Obama kids didn't close the WH.

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 03-27-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Appreciate 0