E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > question about testosterone booster...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius Joel View Post
how does it seem that i want to build John Cena muscles in three weeks...from asking a question about test booster? really? dont need protein? is this guy kidding me? please just stop.
I agree, you need 1-1.5 grams of protein for each lb you weigh. Granted if you are a lightweight, doing 150g of protein isn't much. But I weigh 210, so I need to comsume 315g of protein a day. Thats is a hell of alot of healthy food to get there. So I supplement with a protein shake or 2 on the side.

People have different goals and it take different routes to get there. Apparently Burakkose's goal isn't to build size, but probably look fit like he uses P90x So if that is the case, by all means you can get enough protein to supplement that body easily through food alone.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
I agree, you need 1-1.5 grams of protein for each lb you weigh. Granted if you are a lightweight, doing 150g of protein isn't much. But I weigh 210, so I need to comsume 315g of protein a day. Thats is a hell of alot of healthy food to get there. So I supplement with a protein shake or 2 on the side.

People have different goals and it take different routes to get there. Apparently Burakkose's goal isn't to build size, but probably look fit like he uses P90x So if that is the case, by all means you can get enough protein to supplement that body easily through food alone.
315g for your body weight is overkill. A gram of protein per pound of body weight is more than enough.
djsaad1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
burakkose
Second Lieutenant
 
burakkose's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Istanbul

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius Joel View Post
how does it seem that i want to build John Cena muscles in three weeks...from asking a question about test booster? really? dont need protein? is this guy kidding me? please just stop.
food like tuna fish carry vastly amount of protein in themselves. what i meant was the shakers nutrition stuff...
or go fuck yourself i couldn't care less.
__________________
burakkose is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
Demetrius Joel
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 BSM/CR M235i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DC Area

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burakkose View Post
food like tuna fish carry vastly amount of protein in themselves. what i meant was the shakers nutrition stuff...
or go fuck yourself i couldn't care less.
ouch, very ouch! someones a lil sensitive i see. take it easy brosef. i do what i do, leave it at that.
Demetrius Joel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burakkose View Post
food like tuna fish carry vastly amount of protein in themselves. what i meant was the shakers nutrition stuff...
or go fuck yourself i couldn't care less.
Tuna is good, but still only 15-20grams of protein per can. There's still a lot more to go to get the amount needed.
Getting close to 100 grams of protein may be good if you want a body like a soccer player. Some of us want more mass and for that there is nothing wrong with supplementing extra protein with shakes.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
MNBart
Private
 
Drives: F30 335ix Sport Line - Alpine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

used to take tbomb. tasted like shit and sweat didn't smell good (as opposed to sweat that smells good but you get my point)
MNBart is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
RaddM4
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2015 F82 MG
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 264
iTrader: (2)

Keester it. It ill be in your system in no time.
__________________
F82 MG w/ SO | DCT | JB4 | ER DP's | KW sleeve kit | 19" BBS LM's Floss_Edition
RaddM4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
URBAN LEGEND
Champ
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M5, '13 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 2,064
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
Go to anti-aging doc and ge the real stuff. Anything else is waste of time, money, and health gamble.
I like the way you think. Get on the real deal or stay at home. Anything is a waste.
__________________
2013 M5-Silverstone
2013 ZL1-Summit White
URBAN LEGEND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
RWD4Life
Second Lieutenant
 
RWD4Life's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 MINI
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

I would never understand why people put all this crap in their bodies and then end up surprised when they get cancer or some other disease...
RWD4Life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD4Life View Post
I would never understand why people put all this crap in their bodies and then end up surprised when they get cancer or some other disease...
Wow, thank you for this post. It was an eye opener, especially with all the data backing up this claim. Im going to stop polluting my body immediately.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD4Life View Post
I would never understand why people put all this crap in their bodies and then end up surprised when they get cancer or some other disease...
Seriously though, If you have any family history at all of testicular or prostate cancer, i would highly recommend staying very far away from anything that will alter your natural test levels. It will greatly increase your risk. Remember, cancer cells will also grow faster with the added testosterone, just like every other cell that can be affected in your body by testosterone.

In the case that someone does get a cancer in those areas, they cant have any testosterone help after, meaning that with age they have to get by with very low levels with no help sometimes; for fear of re-occurrence. Just food for thought guys.

If you dont have any family history, it might not be that big of a deal and probably wouldn't be anything to worry too much about. If you did, run the other way quick.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #34
kennyfrc
First Lieutenant
 
kennyfrc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ATL GA

Posts: 366
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Seriously though, If you have any family history at all of testicular or prostate cancer, i would highly recommend staying very far away from anything that will alter your natural test levels. It will greatly increase your risk. Remember, cancer cells will also grow faster with the added testosterone, just like every other cell that can be affected in your body by testosterone.

In the case that someone does get a cancer in those areas, they cant have any testosterone help after, meaning that with age they have to get by with very low levels with no help sometimes; for fear of re-occurrence. Just food for thought guys.

If you dont have any family history, it might not be that big of a deal and probably wouldn't be anything to worry too much about. If you did, run the other way quick.
Life with low T isn't much of a life. I've seen studies showing that elevated estrogen can cause increases in PSA and BPH. Estrogen increases with stomach fat which, is near IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of with low T.

Low T= Fat gut, limp d**k, ED, tired sorry ass life.

I'll keep my HRT even if I live 10 years less!
__________________
Toy: 2008 Silver Z4MC 300WHP/241TQ

Mods: OEM Euro Headers, RPI Scoop

Daily: 2010 Tacoma Double Cab
kennyfrc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #35
Turboboi562
Register
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S Cali

Posts: 12
iTrader: (5)

It's funny you say that, last year i had cancer. six chemo, one month of radiation treatment. prior to cancer in late 07 i did one month of testosterone steroid. Won't ever do it again. Don't know if it was the steroids or not. Most of the pills on the market is okay to use temporary for a month of so. Pills, all that power stuff is even worst and bad for your liver. Anyone use that stuff make sure you drink enough water to flush it our your systems!
Turboboi562 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
Life with low T isn't much of a life. I've seen studies showing that elevated estrogen can cause increases in PSA and BPH. Estrogen increases with stomach fat which, is near IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of with low T.

Low T= Fat gut, limp d**k, ED, tired sorry ass life.

I'll keep my HRT even if I live 10 years less!
During my shadowing ive seen a few patients with low T that they dont want treatment because of past cancer and the worries of re-occurrence.They seem to be pretty happy, but then again who knows.

As said before, If you dont have any of the markers you may not have anything to worry about.

Last edited by txz4; 12-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #37
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (1)

I used pro-hormones from the time i was 18 until 25, result, now my body doesnt make testosterone so i have to have a prescription. Moral of the story, once you start......might wanna be in for the long haul
ussoldierforhire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #38
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
I used pro-hormones from the time i was 18 until 25, result, now my body doesnt make testosterone so i have to have a prescription. Moral of the story, once you start......might wanna be in for the long haul
Orrrr.... People may want to learn about what they are doing before they start doing it. If you would have done pro-hormones for a proper cycle and used PCT for the correct amount of time and allowed your body to recoup before hopping back on again your body may have recovered.
But if people take stuff to the extreme and think their body can bounce back by itself, they will probably end up on TRT like you as well.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #39
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Orrrr.... People may want to learn about what they are doing before they start doing it. If you would have done pro-hormones for a proper cycle and used PCT for the correct amount of time and allowed your body to recoup before hopping back on again your body may have recovered.
But if people take stuff to the extreme and think their body can bounce back by itself, they will probably end up on TRT like you as well.
You cant guarantee that doing "correct" cycles will bounce you back to normal. Everyone's body is different.
ussoldierforhire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #40
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
You cant guarantee that doing "correct" cycles will bounce you back to normal. Everyone's body is different.
You have a 95% better chance getting back to normal if you do follow a proper cycle length along with a proper PCT and a period of time natural. Ok, let me ask you this. Did you use proper PCT's and use the time on equals time off before starting another cycle? And how long were your cycles?
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
You have a 95% better chance getting back to normal if you do follow a proper cycle length along with a proper PCT and a period of time natural. Ok, let me ask you this. Did you use proper PCT's and use the time on equals time off before starting another cycle? And how long were your cycles?
Anywhere in my post did I say that I used proper cycles? No. If you're going to cite percentages and "facts" why don't you post your research data verify your claims, otherwise you're just spreading hearsay and YOUR opinion.

If the OP wants to use test boosters, that's his call. I just stated my personal experience with them. If he wants to listen you that all will be ok if he uses proper PCT, then let him think that. You mess with your body and nature, you cannot guarantee the outcome.
ussoldierforhire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
Anywhere in my post did I say that I used proper cycles? No. If you're going to cite percentages and "facts" why don't you post your research data verify your claims, otherwise you're just spreading hearsay and YOUR opinion.

If the OP wants to use test boosters, that's his call. I just stated my personal experience with them. If he wants to listen you that all will be ok if he uses proper PCT, then let him think that. You mess with your body and nature, you cannot guarantee the outcome.
My point exactly, you did not post that you used a proper cycle or not. Therefore leaving the uninformed to draw a conclusion that even if using properly can leave your hormones out of whack for life. My point is that if you use pro-hormones/AAS do research first so you don't end up like you and on TRT for life. Properly done cycles will have a less adverse effect on your natural test levels.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #43
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,610
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
Anywhere in my post did I say that I used proper cycles? No. If you're going to cite percentages and "facts" why don't you post your research data verify your claims, otherwise you're just spreading hearsay and YOUR opinion.

If the OP wants to use test boosters, that's his call. I just stated my personal experience with them. If he wants to listen you that all will be ok if he uses proper PCT, then let him think that. You mess with your body and nature, you cannot guarantee the outcome.
Had you stated in your original post that you did not use a proper cycle at the age you used them, then there wouldn't be as much of an argument as there is now.
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #44
RambleJ
Colonel
 
RambleJ's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535i M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Back in teh so cal

Posts: 2,013
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Had you stated in your original post that you did not use a proper cycle at the age you used them, then there wouldn't be as much of an argument as there is now.


Now back to our sust cycles.
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST