E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Black Ops 2, anyone else getting it?

11-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
So how do you guys like the game so far? I heard there are glitches, especially in Multiplayer mode>freezing constantly.
No freezing problems on the Xbox 360. Only "real" complaint I've heard is the lag detection really sucks in the game. It tries to compensate for everyone's connection but fails.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #24
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
So how do you guys like the game so far? I heard there are glitches, especially in Multiplayer mode>freezing constantly.

I'm really starting to like it, especially when I switched to a smaller tv. It has its moments, I've had a few freezes. My friend gets hit with freezing a lot, usually whenever he tries to start a match with 3 people in his party.

Theater mode is terrible in this game. Especially with my favorite game mode, Domination. Being that Domination is split into 2 rounds now, Theater mode can't figure that out and won't add the second round to the game. You'll lose it forever unless you record your game by other means. Thats really the main thing that's bother me. Well that and the complete lack of stats in this game. Want to compare your kill and death numbers? You can't in-game. Want to know your highest kill streak? Forget it, can't do that either. How about the amount of points you have racked up after a match, including bonus XP? Not that either.

I don't understand it, all of the previous COD games had a ridiculous amount of stats. They would give you numbers for crap you never thought to ask for. BO2 has the exact opposite.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

^ I play domination a lot...kinda weird that it's in 2 rounds. I just started playing BO2 and am still getting used to the layout for your load out and the new gear and such. So far, knock on wood, no glitches on my end. Kinda miss the stats availability from the previous BO.
      11-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #26
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D Half-LCI

I bought the game. Played singleplayer, but can't play multiplayer at all. Its stuck at finding/joining game.It never joins any matches. I can join my friend games ,but i have 1 red bar and others have 4 green bars.So it's not fun.
I play on xbox360. Anyone have any ideas what to do?
      11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
Thrakos
Audaces fortuna juvat
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black E90 328xi

Spawning still sux, yes.. but oh well.. I've been playing Nuketown 2025 pretty much exclusively this weekend - LOVE the map and that it's moshpit... I've had some of the best games I've had to date!

So far, I'm quite enjoying and am going to prestige tonight (need 1 more game for that) - love the double XP w/e

some stats are available: time played, win/loss ration, k/d ratio ...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Interestingly, after a new patch today, I have had 2 instances while playing zombies where the audio became all jacked up and choppy. It wasn't my receiver. Quitting the game and restarting is what resolved it.
      11-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I am really getting sick and tired that whenever I get a collateral sniping in a match, Theater mode omits it from the Recent Games list. So far I've had 3 collaterals tonight and both matches (I had 2 in one match) are the ONLY ones missing from the list.

I'm also really disliking it when my custom classes go default all of a sudden. Has anyone had that happen to them? You jump into a match and all your custom classes are wrong?

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
meh.

Outdated graphics, sucky spawn system, and only a handful of guns. I like the custom class system - tons of cool options, but in the end it is just another mediocre arena shooter.

I stick with BF3 until BF4 comes out.
BF4 is gonna be awesome! The Call of duty franchise needs to step it up in my opinion. Where are the destructible environments, jets/helicopters to fly? With 500 million in sales on day one I doubt they'll be looking to make any changes to the recipe any time soon.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #31
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Game is decent. A lot of the same problems still exist from the recent versions. If you're the host in multiplayer you are at a distinct disadvantage.. it's like people appear in front of you. Spawn system is still trash. Not enough quality maps at launch.

Zombies is kind of cool in the 4v4 player setting. Grief I believe. I see myself going back to Forza soon as I'm already feeling burnt out.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
I'm mostly mad now that they took out Nuketown 2025. Then they brought it back but they shouldn't have pulled that BS in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I'm also really disliking it when my custom classes go default all of a sudden. Has anyone had that happen to them? You jump into a match and all your custom classes are wrong?
This happened to me last night, but it seemed to be temporary. When I finished the match and exited the lobby, my classes were back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #34
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

Anyone else see a problem with the knifing in this game. Everytime i try to knife somebody i go right through them, they turn around shoot me and im dead. So far i am really not liking this game at all, going to play it one last time tonight and then i probably will be selling it to a coworker on friday.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie83 View Post
Anyone else see a problem with the knifing in this game. Everytime i try to knife somebody i go right through them, they turn around shoot me and im dead. So far i am really not liking this game at all, going to play it one last time tonight and then i probably will be selling it to a coworker on friday.

A lot of people are complaining about the knifing in this game. I heard from a YouTuber that Treyarch tried to get rid of the infamous knife lunge, and may have gone too far.

They say that, but the other day I was knife lunged from a good 10ft away by an enemy player. I mean, he was nowhere near me, then bam, knifed. It was a very generous lunge, even by other COD comparisons.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Not really a surprise...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-24-hours.html

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #37
Rhodes7586
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive

Anyone play on PC?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie83 View Post

A lot of people are complaining about the knifing in this game. I heard from a YouTuber that Treyarch tried to get rid of the infamous knife lunge, and may have gone too far.

They say that, but the other day I was knife lunged from a good 10ft away by an enemy player. I mean, he was nowhere near me, then bam, knifed. It was a very generous lunge, even by other COD comparisons.
Yea knife range has been reduced drastically. There was one time I knifed someone and they didn't die, but they got hurt. I even got tick marks from it. Also it once took me 6 attempts to knife someone from behind. Luckily the guy was unaware if my presence.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #39
zybar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Garage List
Agree with all of the posts so far...really good customization options, ok weapons, big changes on knifing, etc... Basic game play is similar to the previous versions of the game.

I play multiplayer exclusively and things have been pretty stable. There have been occasional disconnects and choppiness, but overall I am happy.

I play on a 96" x 54" pj setup and it is so much more enjoyable on a big screen. Going back to only a 60" screen seems small. I can only imagine how it looks on an even bigger screen.

If anybody wants to play, my gamertag on Xbox is: GWzybar

I am not a killing machine, but I can definitely hold my own.

BTW, what does everybody think about the challenge and prestige systems?

George
18" Apex ARC-8 wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports
18" Apex ARC-7 wheels + Michelin Alpin PA4
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
P7X
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

First BOps 2 Montage. Enjoy!

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #41
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
meh.

Outdated graphics, sucky spawn system, and only a handful of guns. I like the custom class system - tons of cool options, but in the end it is just another mediocre arena shooter.

I stick with BF3 until BF4 comes out.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
Thrakos
Audaces fortuna juvat
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zybar View Post
Agree with all of the posts so far...really good customization options, ok weapons, big changes on knifing, etc... Basic game play is similar to the previous versions of the game.

I play multiplayer exclusively and things have been pretty stable. There have been occasional disconnects and choppiness, but overall I am happy.

I play on a 96" x 54" pj setup and it is so much more enjoyable on a big screen. Going back to only a 60" screen seems small. I can only imagine how it looks on an even bigger screen.

If anybody wants to play, my gamertag on Xbox is: GWzybar

I am not a killing machine, but I can definitely hold my own.

BTW, what does everybody think about the challenge and prestige systems?

George
I like that I can prestige my guns; I wish they would add another option when you prestige to add incentive to prestige (rather than 10, keep incrementing)..

The spawn killing is my biggest pet peeve, followed by overpowered shot guns and auto-fire-rate pistols.

I play multiplayer and only hard core, so I would like a few more maps; specifically some -good- sniper maps would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #43
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

how does it compare to battlefield
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #44
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
how does it compare to battlefield
It doesn't