E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > G35/G37 Drivers...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)

The most d-bag drivers I encountered were always BMW drivers. They always think they got the best car on the road.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

BMW drivers saying any other manufacturer's drivers drive like idiots is a concept I have trouble grasping...
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #25
Willizm
Captain
 
Willizm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335Xi and 01 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Joliet, Il

Posts: 605
iTrader: (0)

I find it funny that bmw owners would thing G coupe owners are douchebags. It's like camaro guys calling mustang owners rednecks or trailer trash. Besides there are no douchier drivers than Trans Am owners. This is truth!
__________________
335xi - Sold to carmax for 3 grand more than I tried to sell it private lolz
135i - up for sale
T/A - Forged ls1, PT7675 turbo, heads, cam, 4l80e w/Transbrake, s60 rear on e85.
Willizm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

"What's wrong with the car?"
"The thing between the steering wheel and the seat."
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
JesterEXW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 335i, Space Gray / Black
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

I personally love the G series, especially the G37. I was so close to buying one before I got my 335. Obviously I am very happy with my car and would never want to trade it for a G now, but still. The VQ engines are just amazing and reliable, also the looks and interior of those cars are nice to me but I am a former JDM guy so.... In the Northern VA / DC area G's are probably one of if not THE most common car driven, mostly by professionals ranging from 21-61... all ages and all personalities. We do have a lot of douchey BMW drivers though, usually rich middle eastern kids in M3s and M6s.... almost all of the cars are white too, lol.
JesterEXW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #28
Jkg37
Registered
 
Drives: g37
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ca

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

hello im active member of myg37

There are lots of good member and enthusiasts in g37 forum

That blue riced out g37 do not represent g community

BTW Ill be picking up my first bmw(z4m coupe) in couple weeks

and here is picture of my g37s
Name:  IMG_0197.jpg
Views: 5250
Size:  154.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0198 copy.jpg
Views: 10239
Size:  137.5 KB
Jkg37 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #29
eVitO
trollololol
 
eVitO's Avatar
 
Drives: Too slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles/UCSD

Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eVitO
Your car is one of the unique cars on the forums. I DEFINITELY like your car more than most of the others from there. Keep up the good work!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGuy View Post
god damn that car is nice. i would sell my girlfriend for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
eVitO is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)

I was about to get a G37 before I got the 335. The G37 board is full of haters. They think their car is so much more superior than the 335, it's funny. They have no idea how bad a stock 335 will beat a stock G37 on a quarter mile.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #31
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
 
NewYearsBoy's Avatar
 
Drives: IS 300
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bradenton FL

Posts: 2,365
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I was looking for a car for my brother and I wish I found him a G37s for 15k... BMW drivers are known for being jerks. I like my brothers G37s a lot and its not in the shop constantly.

No clue why someone would give you the finger unless you were going really under the speed limit.

335i and G37s are both great cars and every car has that one driver that sets the bad stereotype.

Personally I have never experienced so much negativity as on this forum. I have spent most of my time lately on L4P.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
NewYearsBoy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,895
iTrader: (1)

If someone is riding your tail perhaps it's the courtesy thing to move over to the right lane. If he continues to toy with you that's another story.

Always move over for faster traffic. It doesn't burn that much calorie to flick to the right. Okay 5 more calories to hit the turn sig and twist neck to check for traffic. Doesn't matter if you are doing 65 or 100. Let the cops do their job.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint

Last edited by Robert; 06-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #33
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,602
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkg37 View Post
hello im active member of myg37

There are lots of good member and enthusiasts in g37 forum

That blue riced out g37 do not represent g community

BTW Ill be picking up my first bmw(z4m coupe) in couple weeks

and here is picture of my g37s

WOW that is just simply awesome. one of the best ones I have ever seen!!!
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
moonsin
First Lieutenant
 
moonsin's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 328xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 312
iTrader: (1)

I'm a former g35 owner. when i got my e92, as my friend put it "you went from one d-bag car to even bigger d-bag car". I actually find people on this forum to be lot nicer than the ones on g35driver.com
__________________

'08 BSM//SB PROGRESSION THREAD
Eibach Pro-Kit, ACS Style Roof Spoiler, trunk lip spoiler,Aero lip, blackout grill/reflector, 19" ST8, Lightwerkz Custom Headlights, Muffler Delete, coded etc etc
moonsin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #35
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Nope.


BMW 3 series and Mazda 3 drivers are huge dicks. Major insecurity/immaturity.

G drivers have been cool with me.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #36
DARK_M3
Banned
 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I had a new '09 G37S before my 335is. It was my first car. Never any speeding tickets or problems though. I didn't drive like a D-bag.

Interestingly enough, most G drivers feel as if BMW drivers are all assholes. And in my G, not going to lie, every time a 335i/135i came up next to me, they always revved their engines and laughed that I had a G37S. Obviously the 335i is more expensive and faster, which I why I moved to one in the first place. But to be honest, I mostly see older people in the G37 sedans, and have yet to run into any problems with anyone in a G.
In my daily driving experience, 335i drivers are worse than the damn G drivers. Talk about douches.

I know it's a blanket statement and it's not meant to be. Obviously there are plenty of G & 335 drivers that are mature in there driving habits.
DARK_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #37
DARK_M3
Banned
 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Nope.


BMW 3 series and Mazda 3 drivers are huge dicks. Major insecurity/immaturity.

G drivers have been cool with me.
Mostly this except I have never had a problem with the Mazda 3 crowd. They have a bad bad rap across many forums and it's strange that I've never had a bad experience.

3 drivers... especially 335 drivers tend to be the douchiest. Hey... douchiest.. I like that.
DARK_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #38
francis_william
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 328i sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

I've owned a G35 2 years ago, when I was studying in the university.
I love my G35 very much, it looks much better than every other coupe its age.
especially the tail lights. LED was not common back in 2003, even Bimmer was not good looking that time.

If you are a dick, no matter what car you drive you still are.
Cars are innocent. Open up your world.
francis_william is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #39
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I had a new '09 G37S before my 335is. It was my first car. Never any speeding tickets or problems though. I didn't drive like a D-bag.

Interestingly enough, most G drivers feel as if BMW drivers are all assholes. And in my G, not going to lie, every time a 335i/135i came up next to me, they always revved their engines and laughed that I had a G37S. Obviously the 335i is more expensive and faster, which I why I moved to one in the first place. But to be honest, I mostly see older people in the G37 sedans, and have yet to run into any problems with anyone in a G.
In my daily driving experience, 335i drivers are worse than the damn G drivers. Talk about douches.

I know it's a blanket statement and it's not meant to be. Obviously there are plenty of G & 335 drivers that are mature in there driving habits.
Sorry. I would give that award to M3 owners.

Most can't accept the fact that a Mustang will run circles around it on a track and a drag strip for the fraction of the cost.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #40
keraxis
Registered
 
Drives: 2011 g37 sedan 6mt
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Almost bought a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I was about to get a G37 before I got the 335. The G37 board is full of haters. They think their car is so much more superior than the 335, it's funny. They have no idea how bad a stock 335 will beat a stock G37 on a quarter mile.
I liked the 335i until I Google it seems problems. Fuel pump failures, cannot expand fuel system, I drive failures and the fact that you have to have runflats....... all that should make bmw ashamed of itself. The fuel pump and tires made it a no go since I would have got a manual the rest didnt matter. I ended up getting a 2011 g37s sedan 6mt. Stock for stock bimmer is faster but bmw underates it big time (whp is normally whats listed as crank). The bimmer inline 6 is amazing but so is the vq37. Upgrade clutch and spend the diffrence in price between my g37 and your 335i and iam laying down over 450hp to the wheels without bolt ons. So lets not pretend the 335 is overly superior. Its just easier out of the box to play with. Also I can change my fuel system so 800whp is only a engine build away. As for the racing I have a problem with every kid with a 335 trying to race me even with my daughter looking at them from her car seat. I honestly hope they fixed the 2012 model so I have more options in a few years. Oh yea the next ipl is getting a twin turbo motor hand built in the gtr factory making 580 hp so m3 beware. Competition means better products for all.
keraxis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #41
NemesisX
Captain
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 871
iTrader: (0)

It's not limited to Infiniti G drivers. I think the vast majority of 18-35 year old drivers in cars like the G35/G37, 335i, IS350, C350, S4, BMW M/Merc AMG are terrible drivers.

They're overly aggressive. They tailgate often. They're often speeding 10-15 MPH over the limit. They constantly change lanes to try and "get ahead" even in the midst of heavy traffic.

I'm no different, by the way. I used to be an awful driver during my early 20s. I think you mellow out over the years, though. I usually cruise in the slow lane these days.
NemesisX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #42
b0bab0i
Captain
 
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 964
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraxis View Post
I liked the 335i until I Google it seems problems. Fuel pump failures, cannot expand fuel system, I drive failures and the fact that you have to have runflats....... all that should make bmw ashamed of itself. The fuel pump and tires made it a no go since I would have got a manual the rest didnt matter. I ended up getting a 2011 g37s sedan 6mt. Stock for stock bimmer is faster but bmw underates it big time (whp is normally whats listed as crank). The bimmer inline 6 is amazing but so is the vq37. Upgrade clutch and spend the diffrence in price between my g37 and your 335i and iam laying down over 450hp to the wheels without bolt ons. So lets not pretend the 335 is overly superior. Its just easier out of the box to play with. Also I can change my fuel system so 800whp is only a engine build away. As for the racing I have a problem with every kid with a 335 trying to race me even with my daughter looking at them from her car seat. I honestly hope they fixed the 2012 model so I have more options in a few years. Oh yea the next ipl is getting a twin turbo motor hand built in the gtr factory making 580 hp so m3 beware. Competition means better products for all.
You created an account to bump a 6 month old thread?
b0bab0i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #43
andeee05
Private First Class
 
andeee05's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 135
iTrader: (5)

i came from a 350z and although i don't have many posts on here i've been on this forum for quite some time. g owners always made fun of 350z owners as if we couldn't afford one. they always acted superior at friendly meets and so on. I know this doesn't apply to many or all g owners because there were some really cool ones that I was able to meet. At the time of purchase it wasn't that I couldn't afford a better vehicle it was just I felt like the Z was meant to be my weekend car, I almost purchased a 335i instead. That's my 2 cents on this.
andeee05 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #44
azzurro
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Sorry. I would give that award to M3 owners.

Most can't accept the fact that a Mustang will run circles around it on a track and a drag strip for the fraction of the cost.
I don't mess with Mustangs driving my 335i...they scare the crap out of me.
azzurro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST