E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I just quit my job...

09-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #23
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Yeah you got rid of your commission check, now his pay just increased and with a little effort he can probably maintain those accounts.
No, he won't maintain them. He lives in NJ. I know it won't hurt them long-term, but it'll sure put a kink in things for him. The company also judges him based on the occupancy of the buildings in his region (i.e. my sales). This building had never been higher than 92% and has always stayed consistently around 82-85%. I've taken it as high as 99% and have maintained 96% since I've been here. He can't, and won't, be here enough to keep things flowing. Plus, his ego wouldn't let him stoop to my level. He'd rather berate someone and tell them how it should be done.
      09-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #24
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

The best day of the last job I had was the day I gave notice. I wasn't even angry at them or anything, it just felt really good to be able to let everything go. You never realize how many little things you let bother you at work until you can finally not care about them.

It definitely gave me some perspective when starting my next job.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Good for you, and it take balls to do that

However, I suspect they did all that so you would eventually leave anyway. Not the first time I heard this happen. Some person comes in works their butt off increase sales, so they doubt the quota for next year, increase work time and take benefits away so the leave and all your accounts rolls up to the more senior sales person.

This happen all the time in the investment world, they hire young people out of college make them work their butt off to bring in new clients and once they think they can not do that again, the make it hard for them to stay and the top guy gets all their accounts.

Bingo.......its why I run my own company. But, unlike the OP, I didn't care about doing it the right way. I told my partner that they didn't know what the f**k they were talking about, which got them to speed up the process of offering me a severance package. That money was the seed money for my company. The ROI on that seed money......RIDICULOUS.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I know how that feels man. My last job sounded great at first but then they started treating me like crap and expecting me to work more and more for the same, crappy pay.

I was so fed up one day I was close to just walking out... that same day I got a call from my current boss offering me a job. Definitely awesome timing for some great news.

It's a good feeling to leave a crummy situation behind, especially if you're moving on to something better.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
JIM E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe

Don't know if you have seen this: Joy of a Salesman
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #28
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Treatment like this seems to be pretty common for people who work in sales, it sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #29
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM E92 View Post
Don't know if you have seen this: Joy of a Salesman
Thank you so much for posting this! I just watched it with my wife. There is so much reality to this it's scary! Awesome vid!
      09-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #30
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Good luck OP. Your OP made it seem like you left rashly on bad terms but looks like you've got things well under control. Hope the new job works out well.
Appreciate 0