E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Groomsmen Gift Ideas?

05-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Groomsmen Gift Ideas?

Hey guys, I can use some input/suggestions here... I've been thinking of getting something neat for a few of my closest buds for my upcoming wedding, but can't seem to figure out what I want to get. The wedding is already killing my bank account, so I'm really looking to stay under $50 for these gifts. I say groomsmen - but they're just my close buddies...

I was thinking of getting maybe carbon fiber cufflinks, engraved flask, or... really scratching my head here.

What have you given your groomsmen, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help, fellas!
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

i did engraved money clips and business card case. i dont recall how much it cost though. cant go wrong with cufflinks or flask though
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Got mine something similar to this with their initials engraved:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...src=AutoSchRel

Flask/cufflinks are nice but its generally something you never actually use. I know my friends all use the bag when they travel.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Mine were a little more than $50, but I got my guys each a small barrel from groomstand.com to put whiskey/scotch/whatever in.

They aren't like the super nice wood barrels you can get, but they were nice enough (and I had 7 guys in my wedding). I think the $65 included engraving their initials on the front of the barrel, the stand, and all the stuff to go with it. "Cure" it in water overnight and then let it dry on the outside and it's ready to store whatever. I got myself one as well, but just use cheaper quality whiskey in it since it's not a really nice oak or sherry barrel.
      05-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
i did engraved money clips and business card case. i dont recall how much it cost though. cant go wrong with cufflinks or flask though
I'd stay away from clips and cases simply because not everyone uses those, nice gift for sure if you know people all use them. Cufflinks are definitely a good call, as would be stuff guys should all have but don't tend to buy themselves. A set of cut crystal rocks glasses, a proper decanter (as opposed to flask will get use or at least look good sitting on bar), etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Thanks for the input, fellas... Let's keep them coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Mine were a little more than $50, but I got my guys each a small barrel from groomstand.com to put whiskey/scotch/whatever in.

They aren't like the super nice wood barrels you can get, but they were nice enough (and I had 7 guys in my wedding). I think the $65 included engraving their initials on the front of the barrel, the stand, and all the stuff to go with it. "Cure" it in water overnight and then let it dry on the outside and it's ready to store whatever. I got myself one as well, but just use cheaper quality whiskey in it since it's not a really nice oak or sherry barrel.
^ seems very unique and interesting... Thanks for the suggestion~! I'll be looking more into this. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take from the day of the order to it being delivered to your door?
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtech E90 E83 View Post
Thanks for the input, fellas... Let's keep them coming!

^ seems very unique and interesting... Thanks for the suggestion~! I'll be looking more into this. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take from the day of the order to it being delivered to your door?
Unfortunately for me there was a backorder as they were out of stock.

I was worried because I procrastinated and ordered them a month before the wedding. The website staff was amazing. They told me not to worry at all, and for my trouble they gave me a discount. I highly recommend them if this is the route you choose to go.
      05-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately for me there was a backorder as they were out of stock.

I was worried because I procrastinated and ordered them a month before the wedding. The website staff was amazing. They told me not to worry at all, and for my trouble they gave me a discount. I highly recommend them if this is the route you choose to go.
Thank you for the heads up... I have 16-17 days to have these items in-my-hand... so i think i'll have to give this idea up. Nevertheless, I'll give them a call and see if they can make an exception - without me throwing money at it to expedite the case. Dagger...

Thanks again!
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtech E90 E83 View Post
Thank you for the heads up... I have 16-17 days to have these items in-my-hand... so i think i'll have to give this idea up. Nevertheless, I'll give them a call and see if they can make an exception - without me throwing money at it to expedite the case. Dagger...

Thanks again!
Good luck! Hopefully they can help. They were very helpful for me.
      05-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Honestly I think engraved items are good. They may be cheesy, but one day they'll find them mixed in with other belongings and remember the day...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Thanks for all the suggestions, gents! Not only does e90post ravage my wallet for mods, it's now spreading to my wedding affairs! LOL. Nevertheless, I really appreciate all the input. I took a bit of everyone's advice - took the engraving/personalization to heart - and have decided to go w/ the custom whiskey barrels.

Quote:
Good luck! Hopefully they can help. They were very helpful for me.
Templar, thanks again for your suggestion. I went a bit over my budget... I ended up going with (5) 2-Liter whiskey barrels with stands, spigots, etc... Personalized, and also plan on giving my closest fellas a bottle of Hudson Whiskey... 5 dudes, 5 different flavors of Hudson Whiskey! It went from my budget of $50pp to just about $130pp -- but i thought this was great given the short turn-around time to get these customized barrels (14 days!) - and I'm sure these will see more use than some of the other items that were suggested.

While the custom cuff-links, etc., would've been great - and sentimental - I chose not to go that route because both of my brother in laws have done this - and I still haven't had the opportunity to wear the cufflinks they got for me...

Thanks again, all! Happy Friday, have a great weekend!!!
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0