E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Clippers Owner Donald Sterling's Racist Rant

Closed Thread

04-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #177
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Ya know... My intent was not to start a discussion on "slavery and discrimination" (which are legitimate topics in their own right). It was simply pointing out the blatant bigotry of an individual whose very business replies on the very people he is racist to/about. Someone always manages to pull out a "freedom of speech" when racism is discussed. If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy about this heinous and hateful way of life, so be it, be you. I for one can not speak on the atrocities of say a race of people from the Middle East, South America, or Aborigene for example have endured. No matter what my current beliefs are based on opinion or information I receive. Because I am NOT them. Nor have I walked in their shoes or have ancestors from there. The fact holds true for ANYONE attempting to speak on what Blacks or any Minorities have endured here in America unless YOU are one.
So in the future, try and limit the discussion to the actual situation and circumstance (in this case, what was said by Sterling and the aftermath he did or didn't deserve) instead of throwing out conjecture on what you 'think or believe' on the subject of racism. Because we all know... It exists.
      04-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #178
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
So are you so narrow minded that your only understanding of slavery is black people picking cotton for a white man? Is it a black man being sold from one slave trader to another? Is it a black man getting 30 lashes for not following orders?

Modern day slavery specifically among white men towards black men exist right now and is very different from segregation. Maybe your elitist attitude cannot allow your myopic opinion to get perspective on that.

At the end of the day, we're all human and have all experienced either racism, discrimination or just plain old hate. It's these types of debates that will go on forever.

I am one for peace. I prefer to not get into e-battles on race or religion. So go ahead and get your last two cents in and let's get back to trying to make the world a somewhat better place.

Aside from all that, JAM3S, I know I have no idea who you are or what you've been through, but even if you hate or love black people, I love you as a bro regardless.

Oh so anyone who disagrees with your exaggerations hates black people? haha got it.

Care to explain this modern day slavery and which evil white men own black slaves??

Oh must be when black NFL stars complain about their "slave contracts" that pay them only mere millions a year.

This is a tactic used to halt debate. You have no facts to back up your wild claims only emotional outbursts and name calling. Then you act like you are taking the high road in the end lol. Nothing you said can be backed up with facts. I can tell you arent used to being challenged on your BS thats why you react this way.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #179
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Ya know... My intent was not to start a discussion on "slavery and discrimination" (which are legitimate topics in their own right). It was simply pointing out the blatant bigotry of an individual whose very business replies on the very people he is racist to/about. Someone always manages to pull out a "freedom of speech" when racism is discussed. If that makes you feel warm and fuzzy about this heinous and hateful way of life, so be it, be you. I for one can not speak on the atrocities of say a race of people from the Middle East, South America, or Aborigene for example have endured. No matter what my current beliefs are based on opinion or information I receive. Because I am NOT them. Nor have I walked in their shoes or have ancestors from there. The fact holds true for ANYONE attempting to speak on what Blacks or any Minorities have endured here in America unless YOU are one.
So in the future, try and limit the discussion to the actual situation and circumstance (in this case, what was said by Sterling and the aftermath he did or didn't deserve) instead of throwing out conjecture on what you 'think or believe' on the subject of racism. Because we all know... It exists.
yea to hell with having open discussion on a open forum.....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #180
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Oh so anyone who disagrees with your exaggerations hates black people? haha got it.

Care to explain this modern day slavery and which evil white men own black slaves??

Oh must be when black NFL stars complain about their "slave contracts" that pay them only mere millions a year.

This is a tactic used to halt debate. You have no facts to back up your wild claims only emotional outbursts and name calling. Then you act like you are taking the high road in the end lol. Nothing you said can be backed up with facts. I can tell you arent used to being challenged on your BS thats why you react this way.
You got me.

Hey, it's really getting off topic, but I guarantee you I'd love to debate more on how I'm not using a tactic to halt a debate. It's purely out of respect for the OP.

PM me, please. Matter of fact, I'll PM you. Let's take this discussion elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #181
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
\

Segregation is not slavery.

You dont even know what the words you are trying to debate with mean.

Your exaggerations might work with some of the white guilt ppl here but not with me.

You are clearly out of your element and lack the intellectual ammunition to have a proper debate on this topic.
I never knew David Duke drove a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #182
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

That's just another long list of lies perpetrated by The Man to keep a brutha down!

Homey The Clown
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #183
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
I never knew David Duke drove a BMW.
Amazing someone with the intellectual capacity of yours can even afford a BMW.

Im guessing daddy bought it.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #184
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
BTW, here are two maps that everyone should look at before thinking that slavery or racism exist(ed) only in America
I can't fix the whole world. But I also won't give up on fixing the country I live in and love. Nor will I deny its mistakes, or its flaws.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #185
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
My ancestors, the Irish, were treated horribly throughout the course of history. Jewish people had also been slaves throughout history (long before the Holocaust, which I'm shocked you disallowing).

BTW, here are two maps that everyone should look at before thinking that slavery or racism exist(ed) only in America:

Nice visual. I can also honestly say from first hand experience that the figure for India is probably on the low side.

The caste system is still quite entrenched within India's culture, and indentured servitude runs rampant within the country.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #186
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Really? You're going to refer to events back in the 1600's? I'm talking about slavery that a person walking on this earth today experienced within his/her lifetime.

I could say that my 16x removed great grandmother from 600 A.D. was a slave and went through all kinds of hell, but I'd have no idea what her name was nor any kind of connection to her.

My grandparents/parents actually grew up and witnessed modern day slavery with "No Colored people" allowed signs and....
This.

I grew up in the south and my parents both remember desegregation.

I even remember some things growing up and remember how blacks were treated differently.

I also had some racist members in my extended family.

There is also racism pretty rampant in some areas in the south and even some southern states even have the stars and bars on their license plates and flags.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #187
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
This.

I grew up in the south and my parents both remember desegregation.

I even remember some things growing up and remember how blacks were treated differently.

I also had some racist members in my extended family.

There is also racism pretty rampant in some areas in the south and even some southern states even have the stars and bars on their license plates and flags.
You, along with vast majority of new americans, really come of soft as fuk bro. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE has people that don't like them for whatever reason. Stop crying about it and keep it moving. Your inability to move on from the past is whats holding you along with many others of all colors back. I live in the south now but spent the first 28 years of my life in PA.... Way more racist things going on up north. The minorities and majority both down south are a way more pleasant, respectful and over all more enjoyable group to live around as a whole from my experience.

No one alive has been a slave nor owned one. All that remains are old people that harbor old feels based on THEIR life experience, not yours. Those feeling will die with them and hopefully the modern generation can move past this. For the record i'm Hispanic and not "white" (whatever that means since everyone is mixed these days).
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #188
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Amazing someone with the intellectual capacity of yours can even afford a BMW.

Im guessing daddy bought it.
Actually, it was your mom...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #189
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Does everyone realize that Sterling won't miraculously be non-racist now that he's been fined and banned? If they were really worried about racist behavior, why don't they put him in some sort of rehab program? Laugh at me all you want, but isn't it all about teaching people that hating individuals is OK, but not hate an entire group of people? Is that taught by fining people? Because that only means we cannot talk about it anymore, yet if someone is racist, they still feel it.

Poor Sterling is probably more racist now than he was before!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #190
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I finally got around to listening to this recording. CLEARLY the guy is not racists. However he does seem to have many racists friends, when they see his girlfriend hanging with black people they get furious and start calling this dude day and night. He simply does not want to be disturbed by such calls. Just the thought of all the calls he will be getting make him very sad.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #191
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I finally got around to listening to this recording. CLEARLY the guy is not racists. However he does seem to have many racists friends, when they see his girlfriend hanging with black people they get furious and start calling this dude day and night. He simply does not want to be disturbed by such calls. Just the thought of all the calls he will be getting make him very sad.
I suggest you take a little more time and Google. The guy has a history of racist actions and remarks for years. The recording was just irony catching up.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #192
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

A large majority of people agree on the basics.

Silver did what he had to do. The NBA is better off for it.

He did it well, showing decisive leadership and competent style.

Sterling was tolerated for far too long, even enabled. There are plenty of people responsible for that.

This isn't earthshaking with regard to removing racism from our society, but it's a useful step.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #193
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post

Pretty much sums it up for me. You can debate about inequality all day about who's making racial slurs but unless your race has experienced slavery, suppression, racism or true inequality then you really have no right to say anything. Things were never "fair" and once this so called "fairness" tips the other way, you feel entitled to "equality" because you don't know anything that's remotely close to being unfair for your race. Times have changed and I really hope racism can be completely demolished though better parenting, education, and technology to connect easily for different races and cultures.

Racism will never be demolished when there are sects of people who tell other sects of people they can't have an opinion or debate about inequality because their great great great grandfather was a slave. Until people FORGIVE the past (not forget) they will never gain the future.

Segregation was and is a nasty part of American history. But things aren't segregated any longer. No matter the past, we can't detest one form of racism and give another a pass, this will only perpetuate a horrible hateful cycle. If racism will ever be demolished, it will be because all forms of racism will be treated the same amount of contempt from all races. The sooner that happens, the sooner racism dies.
      04-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #194
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
A large majority of people agree on the basics.

Silver did what he had to do.

He did it well, showing decisive leadership and competent style.

Sterling was tolerated for far too long. There are plenty of people responsible for that.

This isn't earthshaking with regard to removing racism from our society, but it's a useful step.
Well said!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread