E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Clippers Owner Donald Sterling's Racist Rant

Closed Thread

04-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
MattMD
E9X > Everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 Corvette Z51

Any lawyers here? If he didn't consent to the recording, the girl would be subject to criminal wiretapping and civil damages. What does mean in context of the investigation?

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/cali...-recording-law
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #24
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMD View Post
Any lawyers here? If he didn't consent to the recording, the girl would be subject to criminal wiretapping and civil damages. What does mean in context of the investigation?

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/cali...-recording-law
I can't stand this law.

There was a story a couple of days ago of a kid who was repeatedly bullied and harassed in school secretly recording his bullies.

The bullied kid then made the principal of the school aware of the recording. What did the principal do? He called the police and had the bullied kid arrested because the bullies never consented to being recorded.

The bullied kid is now facing juvenile detention time, and the bullies are completely free and haven't even been disciplined for their bullying.

It sounds ridiculous but that's exactly how it happened. Just google "bullied teen recording" and it'll be all over the first page. Pick your news source of choice.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

His gf is black, wtf is this guy possibly thinking? David West from the pacers had the best quote on this modern day slave master. This kind of thing is beyond disgusting and moreover really stupid. You tell your black mistress stay away from black people and are surprised it turns into a problem? Money can't buy brains. At least the NAACP canceled the SECOND lifetime achievement award they let him buy from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #26
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

If you live in SoCal and are a sports fan, you know all about Sterling. He's been sued multiple times for discrimination, former players have said the same thing, and then you have Elgin Baylor and what happened with him. Now this is the first time, someone recorded him. And his "girlfriend" is nothing more than a gold digger sleeping with an old man, who happens to be half Black and half-Mexican. Now she's being sued for her Ferrari, condo etc. that she couldn't afford without being a gold digger. It's sad that this went on for so long and everyone turned their heads away when Sterling went on with his "old ways."

ABC tried to interview his wife and the first thing she said, "I am not a racist." When asked if that was her husband's voice. She said she had no idea. Then why say "I'm not racist?"

And then you have the NAACP, who was going to give him an award. No background check? Not hard to find evidence that he was racist. There was plenty of evidence that showed there might be an issue. And if the award was bought what does that say about the NAACP as an organization?

I wonder how much these African Americans contributed to Sterling's houses, cars......?
      04-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #27
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I follow the NBA very closely and this came as no surprise as he's had a history of discrimination, Elgin Baylor a few years back, but this thoroughly pissed me off that this senile old racist is still allowed to be an owner in a professional league where most of the employees are black. It's time the 29 other owners and commissioner Silver perform an exorcism and get this bigot out of the league once and for all.

I understand that the Clippers players/coaches made a team decision to continue to play and pursue the chip but to me this goes way beyond sports, this is a matter of where we are as a nation. Charles Barkley made a good point that there will always be racists and that's OK but to be a person in a position of power such as owner of a big corporation or a professional sports team and for this behavior to become public is crossing the line because he has employment power over a lot of people. I was hoping the team would boycott and not play to show that his behavior won't be tolerated.

Hopefully Silver will hit him HARD when they hand out the penalty in the next day or two.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Just to be clear when I said "bought" I was referencing a statement made by Chris Boussard on ESPN that the awards were made due to donations he made, not due to him doing good things in the community. Charities do that sort of thing all the time, usually it's not a problem / high profile / whatever you want to call it.

Sometimes charities turn down money, I'm a Wharton grad and they turned down hundreds of millions from Mike Milken to start a business ethics school in his name.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #29
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I see this situation from a different angle.

Why is every one calling Sterling a racist? Seriously why? Every human being on this planet is racist. Us Black people are probably most racist people in this world. This Slut/ho is dating her great grandfather for $$$ and no one sees anything wrong with that. As soon as Sterling makes a racist remark.... everyone wants to jump on it!

Everyone please get a fukking life. Stop getting your blood boiled up when you see racism in the media, it's part of human nature. The only time im offended is when someone brings racism directly to my face such as: "Hey Ugo Boss, i'm not gonna hire you because you're black." Or "Hey Ugo Boss, you're Black so your intelligence is beneath mine".
Thats when i get fired up!

Last edited by Whostheboss; 04-28-2014 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #30
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

..and to further prove my point. Here's Dani Alves, a Black soccer player. Some fan threw a banana at him and he picked it up and ate it and continued playing.
Basically what i'm implying is, every living human on this planet is racist. Just dont get worked up about dumb shyt. Instead, play it smart and make the enemy feel stupid.

Heres the link:
      04-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #31
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
..and to further prove my point. Here's Dani Alves, a Black soccer player. Some fan threw a banana at him and he picked it up and ate it and continued playing.
Basically what i'm implying is, every living human on this planet is racist. Just dont get worked up about dumb shyt. Instead, play it smart and make the enemy feel stupid.

Heres the link:
That's the most amazing thing in the world. Thanks for posting the link!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #32
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I see this situation from a different angle.

Why is every one calling Sterling a racist? Seriously why? Every human being on this planet is racist. Us Black people are probably most racist people in this world. This Slut/ho is dating her great grandfather for $$$ and no one sees anything wrong with that. As soon as Sterling makes a racist remark.... everyone wants to jump on it!

Everyone please get a fukking life. Stop getting your blood boiled up when you see racism in the media, it's part of human nature. The only time im offended is when someone brings racism directly to my face such as: "Hey Ugo Boss, i'm not gonna hire you because you're black." Or "Hey Ugo Boss, you're Black so your intelligence is beneath mine".
Thats when i get fired up!
What? No way! Only white people can be racist. Don't you read the news?

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #33
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I don't agree with a single word this dope said but I will absolutely defend his right to say it, especially in the privacy of his own home. I listened to the entire recording and my real question is what her motivation is. She was baiting him into saying many of these ridiculous things despite him telling her to leave him alone. He's made more black peope millionaires than anyone who's criticising him ever has so the hypocrisy is astounding. He has every right to his own opinions, regardless of how offensive they may be.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #34
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What? No way! Only white people can be racist. Don't you read the news?

04-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #35
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I don't agree with a single word this dope said but I will absolutely defend his right to say it, especially in the privacy of his own home. I listened to the entire recording and my real question is what her motivation is. She was baiting him into saying many of these ridiculous things despite him telling her to leave him alone. He's made more black peope millionaires than anyone who's criticising him ever has so the hypocrisy is astounding. He has every right to his own opinions, regardless of how offensive they may be.
realest shyt i've heard all day!
      04-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #36
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I'm a huge Clipper/Laker fan. You live in SoCal, and you just get caught up in what these teams are doing. As someone who lives in the area, and follows the team, I am extremely disappointed by the comments.

Yes, there are tons of racist people in the world. But hearing the owner of a team where the starting roster features FOUR people of black heritage say he doesn't want black people to be at his games is frustrating to hear. This is a hugely disappointing distraction, and the people who lose the most are the fans.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #37
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Isn't this much more racist than Sterling's comments?

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-...-black-league/

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #38
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
I follow the NBA very closely and this came as no surprise as he's had a history of discrimination, Elgin Baylor a few years back, but this thoroughly pissed me off that this senile old racist is still allowed to be an owner in a professional league where most of the employees are black. It's time the 29 other owners and commissioner Silver perform an exorcism and get this bigot out of the league once and for all.

I understand that the Clippers players/coaches made a team decision to continue to play and pursue the chip but to me this goes way beyond sports, this is a matter of where we are as a nation. Charles Barkley made a good point that there will always be racists and that's OK but to be a person in a position of power such as owner of a big corporation or a professional sports team and for this behavior to become public is crossing the line because he has employment power over a lot of people. I was hoping the team would boycott and not play to show that his behavior won't be tolerated.

Hopefully Silver will hit him HARD when they hand out the penalty in the next day or two.
VERY well said my friend!

This old racist farts time owning the Clippers may in fact be up...

Quote:
Exit strategy for NBA, Donald Sterling: Sell Clippers to Magic Johnson
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/exit-st...073015142.html
      04-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #39
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I'm a huge Clipper/Laker fan. You live in SoCal, and you just get caught up in what these teams are doing. As someone who lives in the area, and follows the team, I am extremely disappointed by the comments.

Yes, there are tons of racist people in the world. But hearing the owner of a team where the starting roster features FOUR people of black heritage say he doesn't want black people to be at his games is frustrating to hear. This is a hugely disappointing distraction, and the people who lose the most are the fans.
Also VERY well put.
      04-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #40
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Oh, for those who may or may NOT know, Sterilng has a LONG history of Racist remarks and actions.
There is simply no place in society for the hate people! This isn't some Third World country stuck in the 1800's, this is AMERICA where we are (or should be) UNITED as one people and one race.
Does he have a 'right to be a hateful, cheating, bigot'? Hell yes! Does he deserve to be 'ridiculed and made an example of for doing so?' Hell Yes!!!
*edit* And I would say the EXACT same thing no matter WHO was perpetuating this shit.
      04-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #41
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Isn't this much more racist than Sterling's comments?

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-...-black-league/
Feel free to refer to post #33...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #42
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

In the past 50 years it's impressive how far we've come from the days of letting loose the dogs and using the fire hose, but incidents like these show that we've still got a ways to go before the ignorant racist are a thing of the past.

I read an article that showed what people will look like in the next 50 years due to interracial marriage and it was beautiful. So it looks like the old guard racist will probably die off by then, and the reality of culture and inter-mixing will further make racism a thing of the past.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #43
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
This is a society of freedoms and rights that are afforded to all people. He did not violate the rights of any person with any of his rantings. In fact, the only people trying to infringe upon the rights of another are those calling for penalties to be levied on Sterling. He has the right to say what he wants to and act the way he wants to provided it's within the boundaries of the law. We are also free to boycott Clippers games if we disagree with their owner.
This is the argument I hear, that unfortunately misses the point:

I nor any of the players or media or folks in this very thread said ANYTHING about RIGHTS.
I guess anyone has a 'right' to be a insensitive, lying sack of shit. BUT then they also have a 'right' to be called out on it and get whatever ridicule is coming.
      04-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #44
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread