E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > AK-47

04-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod View Post
You can buy anything you want. That is correct, it will cost a small fortune.
You will need a few different licenses and it will cost $2k for a full auto license, just to be able to purchase one. Most F/A's are going to cost you between $5k-$20k.
Also depending on your state laws you may not be able to get certain weapons. You should check with your local gun shop or check with the state restrictions.

GL
So deep pockets + no criminal record basically = any modern gun made anywhere in the world. That's what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #24
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
So deep pockets + no criminal record basically = any modern gun made anywhere in the world. That's what I thought.
Haha, ya for the most part

Also check out www.ar15.com Great place for information.

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #25
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
So deep pockets + no criminal record basically + Not living in California = any modern gun made anywhere in the world. That's what I thought.
Fixed
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #26
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Just curious, what do you guys need the AK or rifles for?

I'm not too familiar with guns because Canada don't really allow them.

Do you guys use it for self-defense or what? hunting(with an AK...lol) ?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #27
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
the original russian AK's are bad azz... one of my friends has it and yes he paid a grip for it. AK's are pure sex
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #28
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post

It is not a question of need.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #29
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
It is not a question of need.
Agreed, you don't need a Ferrari but that's not to say you don't want one and it wouldn't be a hell of a lot more fun to drive than a 3er.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #30
MODCLEAN
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328XI

if you want an assault rifle checkout the Tavor T.A.R 21... this assult rifle is going to replace the M 16 and AR 15. it has great accuracy both short and long range. Ak-47's are hyped up too much, what is the point of a firearm that is not accurate? thats y we all have BMW's for performance &handling. an AK is like an american car...do i have to say more...
|OEM Blacklines|Chrome Front Grill|Etched Glass Ambergone delete|CF Eyebrows|CF M-TECH Front Splitters|CF Side Pillars|CF Side Mirrors|CF Debadged|CF OEM Trunk Lid Spoiler|CF ACS Rear Spoiler|CF Sharkfin Antenna|///M6 Reps |235/35/19|265/30/19|Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3|PIAA Angel Eye Upgrade|H&R Sport Springs|Simota Racing CAI|ACS Exhaust|Tints|SIRIUS Satellite Radio|GPS|///M Sport Pedals|
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #31
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5 View Post
I know a guy...Ahhhkjed, he can hook it up. Cash only, no checks please! If you have no cash, he also takes gold, PS3's, and some sticky icky in exchange. Let me know if you need more info.

LOL @ Ahhhkjed, LOL... That was wrong on soo many levels
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #32
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODCLEAN View Post
if you want an assault rifle checkout the Tavor T.A.R 21... this assult rifle is going to replace the M 16 and AR 15. it has great accuracy both short and long range. Ak-47's are hyped up too much, what is the point of a firearm that is not accurate? thats y we all have BMW's for performance &handling. an AK is like an american car...do i have to say more...
The point of the AK is that it works all the time, you can drop them in mud or sand ect or burry them for years and then pull them out and they will still fire..

Dont get any dirt on your M16 or AR15 or it will jam. The AK is not that bad in accuracy but its not anywhere near the precision of an AR 15. The AK by nature of design was designed not to have tight tolerances and parts are very lose inside, hence the ability to take a lot of crud and junk and still being able to fire, the M16 and AR15 on the other hand are very tight and work like a swiss watch, the only trouble is if you get some dirt in them your screwed.

If you notice in the current war we are fighting you will see pictures of special forces holding AK 47's with their M4 or M16's on their back... The M16 in my opinion is a a failure of a battle field weapon. One of the reasons they pick up the AK is so they can tape up their M16s so they dont get dirty, plus the ammo in the AK has better barrier penetration not to mention using one of the most plentiful calibers in the world.

If I was fighting in iraq right now I would rather have the AK47 than the M16. At least after the dust storm it will still fire.

As for next generation battle rifles I view the FN P90 as the next, it requires low maintenance like a Glock or AK plus it has the accuracy and control of the AR 15 M16 ect.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #33
M335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyffer View Post
Does anybody own one or have recomendations? Im going to pick one up in the near future and want to know what are some good cheap priced ones

Less than $500 really less than $450

POST PICTURES IF YOU DO HAVE ONE
I have some "parts kits" that I need to sell.. they are basically AK's from different countries with the receiver cut in half so that they may legally be imported into the U.S. I believe most of the AK's sold out there are built from these kits. What you need to do is either purchase a receiver or make one yourself. The process is fairly easy and theres a load of info out there. I think I have 7 of the Romy G's (most popular and cheap), a Polish Underfolder, Hungarian AMD-65, Bulgarian Krinkov and Bulgarian 74. PM me if interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #34
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
The point of the AK is that it works all the time, you can drop them in mud or sand ect or burry them for years and then pull them out and they will still fire..

Dont get any dirt on your M16 or AR15 or it will jam. The AK is not that bad in accuracy but its not anywhere near the precision of an AR 15. The AK by nature of design was designed not to have tight tolerances and parts are very lose inside, hence the ability to take a lot of crud and junk and still being able to fire, the M16 and AR15 on the other hand are very tight and work like a swiss watch, the only trouble is if you get some dirt in them your screwed.

If you notice in the current war we are fighting you will see pictures of special forces holding AK 47's with their M4 or M16's on their back... The M16 in my opinion is a a failure of a battle field weapon. One of the reasons they pick up the AK is so they can tape up their M16s so they dont get dirty, plus the ammo in the AK has better barrier penetration not to mention using one of the most plentiful calibers in the world.

If I was fighting in iraq right now I would rather have the AK47 than the M16. At least after the dust storm it will still fire.

As for next generation battle rifles I view the FN P90 as the next, it requires low maintenance like a Glock or AK plus it has the accuracy and control of the AR 15 M16 ect.
Ummm, While it's still less dirt tolerant than an AK of course the M4/M16 is a much more reliable rifle than back in the 70s and is well respected and loved by most troops.

Although not perfectly suited for a desert conflict the M4/M16 is effective. The problems have stemmed more from the weight of the 5.56NATO ammo and its lack of penetration than the rifle.

Regardless though, if I had to choose out in the desert I'm packing an M1A1 Scout. Not perfect, but real genuine penetration and energy from the .308.
      04-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #35
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

When I was fighting over in bosnia,
AK-47 = total domination. full auto shoots really nicely can't really miss.
M16A = kinda nimble very accurate, not as easy to reload. 47 with tape = 2 clips.
9mm american shots underwater kinda cool, versus the lada (russian) does not.
FWIW go fish with nades thats always fun, hold clamp,pullpin release throw in lake, fish float on top
Fun times gotta go back.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #36
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
good info ... those Rock River AR15s are sweet
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #37
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post

Canada Does allow guns.
Funny enough I have a AR15 which is Prohibitted in US(Law Enforcement Use only) however you can have it in Canada.
I use it for target practice
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #38
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Canada Does allow guns.
Funny enough I have a AR15 which is Prohibitted in US(Law Enforcement Use only) however you can have it in Canada.
The AR15 is most certainly not prohibited in the US. It's semi-auto it's not even a class 3. If you mean the M16 that's a different story. AFAIK the AR15 is civilian semi only whereas the M16 has burst.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #39
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Canada Does allow guns.
Yeah Sorry Bro, You're functioning on some outdated info.

30 rnd magazines, Uppers, lowers, you name it. Good toys.

It's my SUR. Sport Utility Rifle. Just as with any other SUV it serves no REAL purpose but it's fun, rugged, and entertaining to shoot.

Plus, if ever the Zombie hordes do arrive, I am well prepared.

Excellent Co-witness through the EOtech Holographic and Troy Industries back up Iron sights.

Magpul grip,
      04-30-2008, 01:49 AM   #40
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post

It's my SUR. Sport Utility Rifle. Just as with any other SUV it serves no REAL purpose but it's fun, rugged, and entertaining to shoot.

Excellent Co-witness through the EOtech Holographic and Troy Industries back up Iron sights.

Magpul grip,
Good to know there is hope in case of a zombie invasion here. I thought I was the only one on this side of the state that was well armed
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #41
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

thats a good setup there.

AK47s are fun but I don't like it to much.

I've always been a fan of the M4 which we use often these days, as well still use the good ole M16 lol.

In civilian rifles that leaves me partial to AR15s.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #42
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post

Magpul grip,

Really!!!!mmm so you are telling me that a Short barrel is completely legal in US eh!!!!!.
I guess then the cops who questioned me in Seatlle (I noticed that you are also from Seattle) and I have to prove to them that I am a Canadian citizen and it is completely legal to have a short barel in Canada must have been dreaming eh. Any ways it is all good fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #43
L8Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 turbo

Save your $$ and grab a SOCOM M1 or scout:

04-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #44
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Really!!!!mmm so you are telling me that a Short barrel is completely legal in US eh!!!!!.
I guess then the cops who questioned me in Seatlle (I noticed that you are also from Seattle) and I have to prove to them that I am a Canadian citizen and it is completely legal to have a short barel in Canada must have been dreaming eh. Any ways it is all good fun.
Well Slick, Post up or shut up! Them's the rules. Lets see some pics. You didn't mention SBR did you? And sure there are ways to own firearms in Canada, but if I understand it correctly it requires club membership, off sight storage or some silly shit?

Tell me, what does it take to own an SBR in Canada?

Also what do you mean by Short Barrel? Do you mean Sub 16.5" actual SBR or just 16.5"??? That's what mine is. Just curious, been looking at possibly moving to Victoria or Vancouver and would love to find out that I can keep my firearms.

Last edited by Revlis; 04-30-2008 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0