E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > street racing is bad

10-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #23
El_T3ton
Infiltrator
Rep
Drives: Black 2008 Mustang GT

Hey Stinger, Well put man. And thanks for being out there brother. My prayers are with you.

2008 Mustang GT 5sp: 4.10 gears, Steeda Axleback, Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, Steeda CAI, XCAL2 w/Steeda Tune, Steeda Tri-Ax
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Love the toolsheds BOO-HOOING Here.... WTF?

Get a grip you Nanny State Hypocrites... We are NOT talking organized street racing here, we are NOT talking about dumbshits running head to head in a crowd for 1/4 mile. He's talking about hitting the gas from a freaking stoplight, it's about getting to the next stoplight quicker than the other guy.

Jeezus, a little common sense here huh? Are you all so damn cowed that stomping on the gas is a criminal act? Get over yourselves and your FEAR of having a little fun...

Same group of ignorant safety Nazi Shit heads that cry and whine about NOT turning off DSC "EVER" "IT'S SO DANGEROUS." Damn, SELL YOUR BMW, go get in a Volvo, STOP posing as driving enthusiasts and take your soft headed Bullshit Horror Stories to your next "Group" session.

If none of you ever Speed, Stomp on the Gas, or Go Railing through the twisties at well beyond the posted limit???? THEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG CAR! These cars are about driving, and driving hard, not poser shit heads terrified of their own machines. Certainly the track is the place for roughhousing, no doubt. But if ANY OF YOU say "I never Speed", "I NEVER HIT THE GAS", or "I never Drive aggressively" You are completely full of shit, and a hypocrite...

The OP was talking about a simple little Green light Throttle Stomp, Not a Late light Ricer Fueled, Festival of Stupidity... We've all done it in one form another and this alarmist, reactionary mindset is how speed limits get reduced even further, and how nanny state crap like HP restrictions get tossed around.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURRITO View Post
Yawn. Your act is tired around here.
who the hell are you to say he is putting up an act?
      10-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Ughh

I started it, but I'll be the one to say this thread needs to die.

Thank you Stinger, Revlis, and the other normal guys
Those of you that are getting all bent out of shape, need to relax.

Seriously, we're not talking about a racing down the road swerving through traffic. It was a quick blast up to 50/55 in a 50 zone. If that's reckless, or wild and crazy in your book... well, that's a shame.

If you want to police the drivers out there, the first one to go "shoot" should be the Tahoe driving soccer mom; on the cell phone, turning around to yell at the kids in the back seat, all while drinking her quadruple soy triple foam slightly hot mocha frappacino. Or what about the senior citizen who's driving 10 under the speed of traffic and causing people to swearve around them when they decide to stop for a turn without signaling?

Jason, can we have this thing locked?
      10-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #26
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T3ton View Post
Hey Stinger, Well put man. And thanks for being out there brother. My prayers are with you.
Thank you El_T3ton, appreciate the support.
      10-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #27
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Ughh

I started it, but I'll be the one to say this thread needs to die.

Thank you Stinger, Revlis, and the other normal guys
Those of you that are getting all bent out of shape, need to relax.

Seriously, we're not talking about a racing down the road swerving through traffic. It was a quick blast up to 50/55 in a 50 zone. If that's reckless, or wild and crazy in your book... well, that's a shame.

If you want to police the drivers out there, the first one to go "shoot" should be the Tahoe driving soccer mom; on the cell phone, turning around to yell at the kids in the back seat, all while drinking her quadruple soy triple foam slightly hot mocha frappacino. Or what about the senior citizen who's driving 10 under the speed of traffic and causing people to swearve around them when they decide to stop for a turn without signaling?

Jason, can we have this thing locked?
Yeah, I contributed to a thread that mutated into something that missed the point of the original post. My apologies.
      10-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #28
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Get a grip you Nanny State Hypocrites... We are NOT talking organized street racing here, we are NOT talking about dumbshits running head to head in a crowd for 1/4 mile. He's talking about hitting the gas from a freaking stoplight, it's about getting to the next stoplight quicker than the other guy.

Jeezus, a little common sense here huh? Are you all so damn cowed that stomping on the gas is a criminal act? Get over yourselves and your FEAR of having a little fun...

Same group of ignorant safety Nazi Shit heads that cry and whine about NOT turning off DSC "EVER" "IT'S SO DANGEROUS." Damn, SELL YOUR BMW, go get in a Volvo, STOP posing as driving enthusiasts and take your soft headed Bullshit Horror Stories to your next "Group" session.

If none of you ever Speed, Stomp on the Gas, or Go Railing through the twisties at well beyond the posted limit???? THEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG CAR! These cars are about driving, and driving hard, not poser shit heads terrified of their own machines. Certainly the track is the place for roughhousing, no doubt. But if ANY OF YOU say "I never Speed", "I NEVER HIT THE GAS", or "I never Drive aggressively" You are completely full of shit, and a hypocrite...

The OP was talking about a simple little Green light Throttle Stomp, Not a Late light Ricer Fueled, Festival of Stupidity... We've all done it in one form another and this alarmist, reactionary mindset is how speed limits get reduced even further, and how nanny state crap like HP restrictions get tossed around.
Quote:
Ughh

Once again, well said. BTW, everytime I read the subject line, I think of South Park's Mr. Mackey saying, "Drugs are bad, M'kay"
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel

Last edited by beauderek; 10-05-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #29
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Yeah Beau, I actually first typed in the "m'kay", but ended up taking it out.
      10-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #30
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah Beau, I actually first typed in the "m'kay", but ended up taking it out.

Ha ha ha.
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #31
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBP View Post
And yet you still street raced. I sincerely hope you don't end up killing someone some day although I'm completely unconcerned for your own well being. It would be nice if the police were allowed to simply shoot street racers rather than have to go through the hassel of giving them a ticket.
Whats the point in having a fast car then??

-Nathan
      10-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:

+1^

Let the person who has never done this cast the first stone upon the OP. I can guarantee that we are ALL guilty of it at some time or another. Give the guy a break, he just wanted to share what he thought was a cool story. I really don't understand why this forum is full of teenagers, well-to-do'ers, naggers and generally a bunch of negative shitheads. Just let the poor guy revel in his victory and take pride in his accomplishment. Sheesh
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
dpeterson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger44 View Post
Here we go again, more "holier than thou" lecturing on street racing. This topic was hotly debated on Freshalloy forum for Nissan/Infiniti. The ol "you're gonna kill someone racing" really gets old.

almost as much as everyone and their brother saying after anyone asks a question...

dave
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #34
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeterson View Post
almost as much as everyone and their brother saying after anyone asks a question...

dave

Yeah, I hate that too.
Appreciate 0