E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > End BMW in the ALMS?

06-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
nradbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: RedZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
I wish they would stay in the ALMS, but DTM coming stateside is something I've wanted for years!

I hope BMW can keep ALMS and DTM
I dunno. DTM, eh....
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #24
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
I only said I found ALMS more interesting than DTM (an indirectly, NASCAR); I made no comparison to Rolex or Continental.
Fair enough.

And my point being, with respect just to the ideations and aspirations of following true stock car racing, we needn't really be concerned about what is going on above the lower-level classes in sports car racing series.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Has anybody heard anything about DTM coming to the US? All I have ever heard is that BMW, Mercedes and Audi were interested in having a series over here but I haven't heard anything else in over a year.

If there is really going to be a DTM series next year you would think that they would have announced something by now.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Fair enough.

And my point being, with respect just to the ideations and aspirations of following true stock car racing, we needn't really be concerned about what is going on above the lower-level classes in sports car racing series.
You have a valid point and I agree but for me the ALMS is more exciting than the lower level classes. It's not logical, it's just a personal preference. I like the link to the production car (even if there is a pretty wide gap between the two) and that the team is factory backed. There is a higher level of excitement watching BMW battle it out with Corvette Racing than there is just watching BMWs racing against Corvettes, if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it all. It's a great time to be a race fan; there is always a good race to watch.
Appreciate 0