E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Why are retards like this allowed to own Veyrons?

03-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #45
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Can you guys name a single sucessful rapper who has a humble attitude? This is just how rap is, if they got it, they flaunt it. No point in trying to compare him to Warren Buffet and Paul McCartney, totally different genre. Rap lives off big egos and showing off money(or at least comercial rap).
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #46
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
wait he made money as a writer, but that "rap" was absolutly retarded, people actually buy stupid shit like that
yeah true, retarded rap unfortunately costs a lot these days
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #47
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

I don't like rap but give credit where it is due. This guy has a self-made fortune of $70million because of his producing talent. I don't know if any of you have ever made electronic music. Making very good electronic music is difficult and requires skill and talent. Whether or not you like rap (and like I said I don't) you have to admit someone like this with no image is not going to make $70million without talent...

So to answer the OP he owns it because he has a talent that few people have. I think he is more deserving of it than other rappers who just talk over hits other people produced. You guys can talk sh** about this guy all day and night, but the fact remains... he made $70million and you didn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #48
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

That's Scott Storch, he's one of the most well-known talented producer/writer's in hip-hop...He has a pretty incredible collection of car's. That song is a battle song for a feud he has going with Timbaland...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #49
eclivia
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
I don't like rap but give credit where it is due. This guy has a self-made fortune of $70million because of his producing talent. I don't know if any of you have ever made electronic music. Making very good electronic music is difficult and requires skill and talent. Whether or not you like rap (and like I said I don't) you have to admit someone like this with no image is not going to make $70million without talent...

So to answer the OP he owns it because he has a talent that few people have. I think he is more deserving of it than other rappers who just talk over hits other people produced. You guys can talk sh** about this guy all day and night, but the fact remains... he made $70million and you didn't.
+1, i think most people dont listen to rap on this forum, so they dont know scott storch.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #50
eclivia
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

forget all his cars, u guys should see his HOUSE
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #51
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

Shortly after birth, Storch moved to Cherry Hill, New Jersey where he grew up middle class, and dropped out of school in ninth grade to pursue a career in music. He eventually moved to Ft. Lauderdale and then Philadelphia. He became the keyboard player for the Philadelphia hip-hop band The Roots. He also played keyboards for other Philly artists including Schooly D and G. Love.

Storch began experimenting with his own productions by playing with The Roots. He then left the band and learned more about the art of making beats by working with Dr. Dre and Timbaland. Storch is now one of the most in demand hip-hop producers today, working on beats for a wide variety of artists. Unlike many of his contemporaries (Mannie Fresh, Kanye West and 9th Wonder), Storch rarely uses samples in his beats, preferring to compose all parts himself. He also has an interest in Middle Eastern and Indian music, which comes across in some of his songs, most notably "Candy Shop" by 50 Cent, as well as "Naughty Girl" and "Baby Boy", both by Beyonce (the latter featuring dancehall artist, Sean Paul).