E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Saw an M6 on the highway today ---- disappointing!

03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #23
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Hurray! I finally found an enthusiast: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49319

Well, actually, it's not my first. Couple months ago I was weaving through traffic with an M3. Couple of 20 somethin's in the car and we chatted for a bit on a side road. He asked me where we could race just for the fun of it but the only place I could think of was the road we were currently on which is a one lane each way but it's really only somewhat safe to race on at night when there are like 0 cars. Anyhow, it was cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
kyotousa
Banned
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

the driver probably think you are a crazy cookoo try to wreck his car
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #25
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Is it time to remind you about the 330i m-sport and CLS 55 AMG times round the West Circuit at Bedford ?

straight line
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #26
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
In the are I live I rarely see another E90 let alone an M6. I was driving on the highway at about 75MPH when I spoted a 6 series up ahead in the other lane, and he was holding up traffic behind him. Then I noticed it was an M6 and got excited. I got up next to him, rev'd a bit to see if he would look over, accelerated fast, came back next to him and I didn't get so much as a look from him. Really dissapointing when I see these guy's driving high performance sport cars and they live a ho-hum life because their driver's aren't enthusastic about the car they're driving. Kind of sad really.

I really was hoping the guy would look over, smile and then floor it. Oh, well.

BMW's stick together!

.... most of the time

BMWEXEC, you gotta realize that people challenge M5 / M6's all the time on the road. I thought that moving from a E46 M3 Cab to a M6 would allow me to quietly enjoy the car.....complete opposite effect.....

I regularly get challenged by bikes, the odd Exotic, Hondas....I just usually get a thumbs up or a wave from fellow Bimmerheads.....

I can't speak for that M6 driver, go check out m5board.com, there are many M5 / M6 enthuasists who love to play.

Personally, I love tormenting ricers.....
      03-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #27
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
BMWEXEC, you gotta realize that people challenge M5 / M6's all the time on the road. I thought that moving from a E46 M3 Cab to a M6 would allow me to quietly enjoy the car.....complete opposite effect.....

I regularly get challenged by bikes, the odd Exotic, Hondas....I just usually get a thumbs up or a wave from fellow Bimmerheads.....

I can't speak for that M6 driver, go check out m5board.com, there are many M5 / M6 enthuasists who love to play.

Personally, I love tormenting ricers.....
I hear yeah. Yeah, I was actually hoping I'd at least get an acknowledgment from the guy. But since he wasn't looking over I figured I'd speed up and slow down a couple times to try and get his attention. Nothing.

I'm sure I'm going to get quite a few more people that want to challenge me once I'm in my E92 M3 later this year than the few I get now. But I don't mind. The car gets exercise that way.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #28
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700 View Post
straight line
I know, but I like the bendy stuff ... besides I can't resist.

I have to admit it's the only circuit on which the BMW has any chance
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #29
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

The best thing to do in the M6 is torment the shit out of retarded people in Hondas! T Bone can back me up on this haha.
      03-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #30
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I know, but I like the bendy stuff ... besides I can't resist.
yeah me too... but you gotta take in the scenery as well
      03-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #31
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
The best thing to do in the M6 is torment the shit out of retarded people in Hondas! T Bone can back me up on this haha.

Hell ya..... Not Hondas or any marque per se......just ricers.... Not the car but the driver (and mods)

I love giving them the ricer flyby....buzz them and once you pass them turn on your hazards.

The next best thing is the Reverse Flyby.....this is when you see a Ricer come up to give you the flyby....only you gear down, let them catch up and then you buzz them.....again ending with the hazards.....best when they have their girlfriend with them for total humilation....

Sorry for enjoying the power :rocks:
      03-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #32
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1968 Austin Mini Cooper 1380cc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Last night well we didnt really get to challege him but well it was a guy in an M5 lol he was well haulin and we caught up but he turned and we didnt slow down in time lol but we wouldve lost neways since i was in an 05 Acura TL
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #33
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Pick the M5
The perfect blend between the M6 and M3. It doesn't handle as well as the M3, but it does handle much better than the M6 and boosts a very similar interior. It's almost 20 grand cheaper, too.
The M6 handles better than the M5.
Quote:
V12....
It's a W12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #34
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
It's a W12.
Correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W12_engine
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #35
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, the Courtney Campbell is great for fast driving. For some reason though I never seem able to make it past 135MPH on the bridge. I either get scared a cop is going to fly out of nowhere and tag me or that the one car that's coming up ahead of me is a cop. Since I'm going so fast it's hard to tell if it's a cop up ahead before it's too late. Tonight coming back from International Plaza I got up to 120MPH before I had to hit the brakes HARD. I was at 115MPH when I noticed I was getting really close to the car ahead of me but I made it my goal to get up to 120MPH. In those few seconds I was getting a little nervous. Finally I hit 120 and slowed way down. All the way down to 60MPH I think it was. Freakin' old people living in Florida.
lol, I hate traffic here. However, it does seem like you get a really nice day every now and then where NOBODY seems to be driving. Go to Fort De Soto around five'ish on a tuesday or something...it's deserted...and good fun. It's newly paved and it's got a large banked roundabout at one end. Best part is that, at the very most, I've only seen two cops there in a given day. Usually there's only ONE on the ENTIRE island of Tierra Verde. The place was made for drivers. Hell, I can hit 110mph in my CIVIC down there w/o sweating cuz I don't have to look out for cops. Maxed out a 645ci up to the limiter down there...made me happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I just realized that this has nothing to do with traffic...wow...that was my ADD moment of the day

Anyways, driving in the 6 gets me a lot of challenges from ricers. Was driving down the highway around 10:00pm and noticed a blue honda er something tailing me. I waited for a straightaway and gunned it...his headlights became little twinkles, 'twas fun.

Another situation involved me driving back to home around five. Caught four headlights in my mirror and realized it was a black stang GT. We had fun, then the reckless side got a hold of me and I started weaving aggressively (albeit safer than how I'm making it out to be...). He couldn't keep up, or he was smart enough not to let the childish part of him take over...hmm...
Appreciate 0