E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > ****Macro shots of Star Gazers****

08-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

****Macro shots of Star Gazers****

I just took these in the kitchen today.....hah, doing marco work with a 28-200 is deff not ideal but they turned out half decent. OH and I need help with something, you know how people will put "such and such photography" or whatever in there pics, well how do you get it positioned in the exact same place everytime, almost like a signature or something. Im using PS CS3 by the way.
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 08-31-2007 at 02:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

focus seems a bit off in these. Maybe you just have a VERY small DOF...

tripod?
      08-31-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Pretttty colors, I agree they could be sharper.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the insight...........so the sharpness issue will probably be helped BIG TIME by the new L series lens thats coming within the next few days. But at that range the lens cant get everything into focus....it can either get whats closer to the lens or further away. So how do i get them into better focus?

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

If you're using automatic focus then make sure you adjust the focal point. There are two buttons on the camera way up to the right side underneath the on off switch and the knob. The left button has a star above it and the right most button has a grid looking thing above it. Click the right most button and it brings up the focal points. Now in the first particular shot, I would have the little steams with pollen in focus so you'd probabably want the focal point in the middle and then get one of the big pollon things in that spot so it focuses on that.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

^^^ yea i know how to use that.....i use it all the time, even then....when your that close you gotta chose what you want to be in focus. Like in the first pic for example id either have to zoom out a lot to get everything in focus or chose between the pollen/stem or the flower pedals. So I adjusted the focal points and got the largest piece with pollen on it in focus. I use MF sometimes too and did so for these pics as well......like i said in my case it was either what was closer to the lens or further, so either way one thing or another was going to be out of focus. So with that said, any insight......would a macro lens make a huge difference (doesnt matter becuase i dont have the money for one and wont for a VERY long time)

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

i know how to use/understand/know how they effect an image: the metering features, white balance and custom WB, auto/manual focus, focal points, aperture, shutter speeds, ISO settings, different shot options like continous or timed, sizes like Fine L, or Fine M...i use fine large or RAW+ F Large, color options like RGB or CYMK, Levels and curves......and more, so when you guys/girls give me info on this stuff you can just use the terms ; ) becuase i understand.....and thanks again so much for taking the time to answer this stuff!

Appreciate 0