E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW M6 owner destroys car at Frankfurt IAA in protest

09-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
robotrenegade
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2015 X5d  [10.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
1984 Trans-AM  [10.00]
You could've least of donated it to a charity

///M5 | F10 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Merino Leather | Anthracite Wood Trim | DCT | Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #68
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesCoupe View Post
No purpose BMW doesn't care you own the car not their problem stupidity in my mind !
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #69
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

for all of you complaining about dealerships, try switching to Audi, you will go running back to BMW

Its all about finding the right dealership and usually that means avoid the big ones at all costs. After going to several myself I finally found one I liked and turns out it was the closest one to me (and smallest), gave me the best deal and the customer service has been great. Haven't had any problems with my F30 (except a few times the start/stop failed this summer, basically stalling the car). Our X3 which is now 2 years old is more of quality issues (poor quality materials compared to F30).

So no, not all BMW dealerships are horrible, nor are their cars, but some do have issues and BMW should deal with them better.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #70
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYe60chrisIU
i've been to two BMW dealerships and i was disrespected and treated like a fool at both. am i wrong in assuming that every BMW dealership is like this??
I really can't say they're all like this. My dealership is really great and takes care of their customers. I've had issues from big to small on all 3 BMW's I've owned, and they really took care of my fiancé and I.
      09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #71
norwegianE46
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 Gran Turismo, Midnight

Can't watch it, what a w#*ker. Specially for us who can never afford a £120 000 BMW. I clean my new GT like 3 times a week, its not the f'ing car's fault the dealer is shit. !! Twat. What's the world coming to?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #72
norwegianE46
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 Gran Turismo, Midnight

Would also like to add: ungrateful bastard.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #73
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Hey I hope he made his point...At least he has an awesome v10 to tune and build a race car if he wants!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #74
Niels_S
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 428i, BMW E36/8 Z3 3.0

He seems to be really pissed off, according to "Bild" he's going to clean his car up and then do the same thing in front of the "Bundestag" (parliament) in Berlin.

(http://www.bild.de/regional/frankfur...5832.bild.html)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #75
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
for all of you complaining about dealerships, try switching to Audi, you will go running back to BMW

Its all about finding the right dealership and usually that means avoid the big ones at all costs. After going to several myself I finally found one I liked and turns out it was the closest one to me (and smallest), gave me the best deal and the customer service has been great. Haven't had any problems with my F30 (except a few times the start/stop failed this summer, basically stalling the car). Our X3 which is now 2 years old is more of quality issues (poor quality materials compared to F30).

So no, not all BMW dealerships are horrible, nor are their cars, but some do have issues and BMW should deal with them better.
Man you hit that right on the head about Audi. I seriously considered an s4 before my 335, but the arrogant sales people just turned me away. I love Audi's designs I really do, but I need the supporting cast to be strong on their front aka dealership.

When I test drove the S4 I asked some general questions, and the answeres were a little shocking. For example they only had a few loaners on hand, and they said if you're lucky you get one. Well spending 60k on a car I don't need to be lucky I need grade a service! It was a VW/Audi dealer and they seemed to be more concerned with customers buying 24k Jettas then 60+k Audi's.

That's why I stayed away. My local BMW dealer is great and until they start to fall apart and treat us like garbage I'm staying put!
Maybe ill just buy a used S4 and enjoy it that way..with a 2nd party warranty...
      09-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #76
Feli_330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18’ M2

I am glad BMW is getting bad press due to their ridiculous customer service. Like many have mentioned here, once they have your money they could care less. My dealer has been pushing to get a Trade Assist on my '12 135i since April this year, but BMW NA keeps tossing the ball back and forth between their departments. In the mean time I am stuck with a resprayed (paint bubbled), fluid leaking, numerously taken apart interior, infested with rattles, electrical problem prone...."ultimate driving machine"

If I could afford the consequences that come with an action like this I would do it!! They should start taking care of their loyal customers that support their brand, not the BS that we have to deal with. Actions speak louder than words.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #77
ADRQ0811
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current 2013 BMW F30 Past 2008

Dam that was hard to watch but I guess I can see where he was coming from I had a 2012 Benz it left me in the middle of the road in la traffic took them a month to fix it plus it kept giving problems after that I parked it in front of the Benz dealer and put lemons all over it didn't get me to far but it's pissed them off I got a call from a lawyer saying some bs ending up dumping it losing 10k and getting my f30
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #78
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Dealers

I am a car and truck enthusiast and quite often work performed by the dealership is crap. I took my Toyota Tundra to my Toyota dealer for $1,200 in maintenance. When I got it back it overheated and blow a hose. The jackass technician put my new radiator hose on backwards dispute the ends being opposite colors. One color matched the block and one matched the radiator. Serpentine belt cut through it after about 15 miles. On my 335i the BMW dealer screwed up my HPFP which had no problems before the visit. I actually brought it in for a new windshield trim. I am a major DIY guy but some things I feel the dealer should do but now I say F%#K a dealer!!!! I'd rather buy every tool in the world and do it myself. At least I take pride in my work. Dealership mechanics are crap and your lucky if one has been at his/her dealership more than 5 years.
      09-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #79
RazBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

That's sick!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Cars are not that expensive.....bad press on the other hand....very bad!
That car at best cost BMW $30k to build. Just give him another one.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #81
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

I would like to see a comment from Scott26 about the after sales quality service
It's not good to see how an enthusiast can be treated by a dealership: if you can't solve a problem locally there will always be someone more qualified to help you!
Shame on those who don't respect the customers!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #82
Ivan Ho
Captain Fantastic
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 330ci

BMW = Break My Wallet. I bought my e46 as a used car. For the initial 2 years, I had to spend more than 100% of the original purchase price of my car (which was not cheap at all). All my friends who owned BMW had advised the maintenance cost of a Bimmer will "break my wallet". Be prepared guys, though we love the performance & the look of our BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #83
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

Love it. I bet this guy has stopped a couple people from buying a new BMW. If he stops 3, those people probably don't tell their friends how great their BMW. So, I'm sure he cost BMW more money than it would have cost to fix his car. The dude obviously is not worried about his cost, just trying to make BMW lose more than if they did the right thing.

Personally, I love my dealership (BMW NW). We r on # 4 and have always had great service. Either a loaner or a free rental each time the car has needed any service over an hour. Never had a serious issue tho.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #84
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postilion View Post
Bad dealership services ruined the all reputation.

A good brand name are about the good design, manufacturing, marketing, and service too. The whole brand gets damaged by even just few ugly services.

To the customers, there are no 99% satisfaction such thing. Just good or bad.

How many people spread their satisfaction with the car and services all around? A few.

How many people spread their complaints with the car and services when they screwed? Most.

Am I right?
You are right about the complaints being in front of the page more often.

Yes, the dealership ruined the reputation. However, the guy followed the right steps and wrote to BMW; nobody answer.
If BMW cares about its customers, should take action right away.
My friend owned several M3's and the last one was a pain, he wrote 5 letters to BMW UK and BMW Germany and they didn't care. What they lost? A guy who bought every three years two new BMW's. I think that is a big loss.
In this case is about an M6 which is not a cheap car, they should act right away.
Not to mention, they should show the same level of care for every BMW owner regardless of the model or price.

Yeah, some must say they sell a lot, they don't care. If I will know for sure that this is BMW approach, I will ditch the brand right away.
I just hope that sometimes, the case is left on the desk by a lazy idiotic employee who is not competent enough to do his job...

I have read several comments everywhere, this guy sent a powerful message. Many people are backing up from BMW.
I must also say, the quality of customer satisfaction has dropped tremendously in the last few years.
Yeah, they sell today, but going down is so easy than going up...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #85
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3750xMikey View Post
they are pricy but damn the bimmer has gotten me so much a$$ lol

I call it my panty dropper :P

don't tell my GF lmao
A 3-Series is getting you "so much a$$?" In LA?

No, bro...it's not the car. You just might be really, really attractive.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #86
JJunkins
M3GAHTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4

Sad. Made me sick to my stomach watching this. But gees, what a weak swing by the dude with the ax! I'm sure he got a blister during the making of this video.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #87
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Love it. He doesn't give a SH**. He wants to make a point and doesn't care how much it costs him. The fact that we're even discussing what he did is proof thta he's achieving his goal. He wanted his message to get out, and it did.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #88
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

There is always a bigger picture ,

He could have done this on the IAA press day which would be in front of the auto industry elite?
Or he could have made his point outside the BMW hall at the Portalhaus which is a couple of miles away from the main entrance of the Messe.

But in situations like this and I don't know the exact situation here .
Sometimes there appears to be more ongoing than the owner is letting on when venting on a forum.

Some used to send me their problems via Forums which I have stopped doing because I will tell you why. Because on further investigation , solutions have been offered but refused with many not even contacting the dealer with a response. Some are also self- inflicted in regards to voiding their warranty.

Your first port of call and upmost responsibility lies with the dealership , they are responsible for the sale of your vehicle and its servicing. Then it will be referred to the distributor , only special cases would be taken straight to BMW AG but your distributor would intervene with your dealer in order to work to a solution.