E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > TVs

01-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

get the sony 3D one
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
The argument wasn't whether Plasma was better, but thank you for derailing.

Regarding Panasonic, you are 100% off regarding their status in the Plasma community.

Feel free to Google that when you have a sec.
being part of the plasma/home theater community i know of the problems. and i have not experienced this problem.(Im assuming your talking about the inconsistent black levels)

I myself have not had this happen, and even if it did, it would still be the black levels of an LCD lol
      01-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #25
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Just figured i'd chime in a little...
Plasma is far superior then LCD's or LED's. The image quality is just much better whether it be games, dvd's , blu ray's etc.
Of course depending on the brand this will vary.
Pioneer is the best. Panasonic is second.
Now that Pioneer is out of the game , i see Panasonic taking the top spot.
I currently own the last of the Pioneer Plasma's. A 60" Pioneer Kuro ( 6020 )
Words can't describe the image i get out of this bad boy.
If anyone is looking to buy a tv anytime soon i suggest you try and find whatever stock is left out there...

Just my 2 cents ...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #26
yppah
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

My suggestion is if you're on the lookout for a new television, you must do some research by reading the reviews especially the ones coming from the experts and compare LCD TV ratings of various brands. That way, you are assured that you will be getting the best value for your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #27
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaPimp27 View Post
4. Plasma TV's do not suffer from motion blur as they have 600 Hz sub-fields so the image can maintain its quality longer than LCDs which degrade immediately after being charged. (that is when the image signal is sent to the panel). The response time of a plasma display is measured in microseconds rather than milliseconds, that is at least 1000 times faster, hence another reason for no motion blur/smear.
I'm not all that much of a technophile, but I've read about this several times and even considered it as a possible downside when I was making my purchase a couple years ago. However, I've never experienced any blurring of any kind on my Samsung LCD. Are we talking "microscopic" blurring here, or does the nature effect simply vary based on the specifications of a particular LCD?

Another thing to consider for LCDs is that they are very light. That shouldn't necessarily be a big factor in any decision, but I bought mine knowing that I would be buying a house in a year or so and I did consider how much of a PITA it would be to move.

Last edited by Zephyr15; 01-28-2010 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #28
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I got my LCD based on the fact that I have a ton of natural light in my main room where my TV is and Plasma's suck when it comes to glare. I sure hope you Plasma fanboys don't try to argue that too :\

If it was a room with no glare I would get a plasma hands down though.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I got my LCD based on the fact that I have a ton of natural light in my main room where my TV is and Plasma's suck when it comes to glare. I sure hope you Plasma fanboys don't try to argue that too :\

If it was a room with no glare I would get a plasma hands down though.
I have a plasma in my room and I don't have any glare issues even with the blinds up. I've heard about the glare issues with plasmas but never experienced it so I'm not sure what that's all about. Maybe it's really not a big issue anymore since most of them nowadays come with the anti-glare/anti-reflective layer??

PS- I give credit where it's due so I'm not being a plasma fanboy. I'm just saying based on my experience.
Appreciate 0