E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Crazy buyer....What to do?

11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

The guy is obviously nuts.. Stick to the dispute..He will lose eventually. crazy people on the internet...

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Is that how you would handle it? Seriously? Refund the money and let him keep the item? So if something gets sent to you in error, you think you are entitled to keep the wrong item as well as be refunded your money? Be real.
+1 sounds like someone else on this forum lives in their own fantasy world
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #25
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
For 45 bucks why not just apologize and refund his money and tell him to keep the product? In fairness you did send the wrong thing so why should he have to take the time to have to go to the store and send it back when you made the error? Even if you think you deserve the product back, why take a chance for your safety. People are crazy and who knows how far this guy will take it. For 45 bucks and an apology (even if you do not think there is anything you did wrong-does not matter in this case) and call it a day and do not have to worry about him continuing to harrass you or worse, track you down!

What was the product and how was it the "wrong" thing? Its pretty hard to send someone the wrong product unless you are sending hundreds of things out daily. Not saying he is not acting crazy but it was your error so step up and refund him and either arrange to have product picked up at your expense or let him keep it
persian never said he sent the wrong item, the buyer is claiming the item is incorrect, but refuses to send it back to prove it was in fact the incorrect item. Sure, there could have been a mistake, but the buyer won't prove it and persian doesn't recall sending the wrong item.

Bottom line, I think this douchebag is bluffing. He's just trying to get his money back and get a free item out of it. Don't give in to his bullshit. This is the dangers of selling to random idiots on the internet. The fact that he told you that he doesn't care about Paypal and is just threatening you with verbal abuse and possible physical abuse is proof that he has NOTHING. He is just trying to scare you to the point that you will give in and send his money back to him. Then he has the item and his money. Fuck him.

Let Paypal work it out, if he continues to harrass you, I would work with the cops to get this sorted out. You might need to file a police report of some sort and have it on record. This would help you in the longrun if some sort of legal proceedings had to follow.

You could also contact AT&T to get your number changed (I know it's a pain, but might be worth it). Funny story, I was being stalked and harrassed by an ex-girlfriend and her friends via voicemails and texts. I contacted my phone company, they changed my number for free provided I showed them proof of the harrassment. I think they only allow you do to it once every year or something for free, then if it's more often you have to pay, I'm not sure. I think I was with Verizon at the time, so not sure how AT&T works.

@ THE_TECH: I don't think Ateam read the actual OP... Nowhere in it did persian admit to sending the wrong item. He said he MAY have possibly, but he doesn't recall sending the wrong item. The asshole is just saying it is wrong, but won't send it back and won't send any proof. This douchebag is just trying to scare persian into giving in and sending money back so he gets a free item. This is the problem you run in to with asses on the internet that think they are anonymous.
      11-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Ouch... online transactions are always risky even for a vendor. Sorry to hear about his. I would just ignore him until PayPal gets back to you. Does he know where you live? If so, then I might get a restraining order if he is as crazy as you suggest.
Yes he knows where I live as it was on the shipping label

I usually use my office address, without the suite number, but I printed the label from paypal and it didn't give me an option to change the return address

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
I can't believe the guy is getting so torqued up about 45 bucks. You may want to call the cops just as a precaution. The guy may be a nut case or have a violent record.
Other than filing a restraining order, what could I do?/What could the cops do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
+1 - definitely sounds like you need to protect yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poofyo101 View Post
Everyone here knows you are a legit seller and a pleasure to deal with.
I will +1 for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
+1000 I've always seen persian54 helping folks out and he's a standup guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Great seller!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Clearly, from the facts you presented, this guy is nuts. Attempting to understand the thought process of a nut is a waste of time. If he knows where you live I would take the necessary precautions because it is no longer about the money. Otherwise, wait for PayPal to resolve it.
So true..... I'm one of those people who tries to understand things though lol. and see good in people....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Wow. $45 wouldn't be worth 20 minutes of my time (and that includes selling that item). OP: Who is the member getting so bent out of shape?
As many members who know me both in person and virtually, I tend to do things for the community at no profit to myself, and even sometimes where I would lose money.
For example, I ship large items for sellers who don't know how/don't want to do it/etc etc for a mere $10/hour.
My gf makes more than $10/hour sitting behind her desk at work lol.
Those who have shipped exhausts and other large items know it's a real PITA and worth more than $10/hour, but I don't do it for the $

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayC View Post
Lol all this over $45...

I say let him go through all that trouble. Have him hire a lawyer so he can collect $45.
Would I be required to take legal action if he does...? I know nothing about law.

And what lawyer would take a case over $45??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaLater View Post
Don't refund him anything, just let Paypal deal with it. I would just ignore his messages. This nut job probably lives all alone somewhere in the woods like the unibomber or something.
He's actually married, and I don't know his real estate area, but I think it's a decent location....and he does have a ~$50k BMW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
I'd get the restraining order. He sounds crazy and on top of that he should be taught a lesson about being an e-thug.
Wish it was easy to get and not so expensive (relative to the amount of this item).

But yeah...may be the best way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
not sure about cali but here in NY the person must be arrested before you can get a restraining order on them.
http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/re...rassment.shtml
http://www.sdcourt.ca.gov/portal/pag..._schema=PORTAL

Quote:
What is a Civil Harassment Restraining Order?
Under California law (CCP §527.6), a person who has suffered harassment may seek a temporary restraining order and an injunction prohibiting harassment.

Civil Harassment Restraining Orders differ from Family Law Domestic Violence Restraining Orders in that the person doing the harassing has no close family or domestic relationship with the victim. For example, a Civil Harassment Restraining Order would apply to a neighbor, roommate or stranger. A Family Law Domestic Violence Restraining Order would apply to an estranged husband or wife, or ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend or other relative.

You may seek protection if you are worried about your safety because you are being:

stalked
threatened,
harassed, or
sexually assaulted.
Pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure § 527.6(b), the course of conduct must be such as would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress and must actually cause substantial emotional distress to the victim.

The restraining order can include preventing personal conduct by the harasser, order the harasser to stay away from the victim, the victim's family, the victim's home/work and/or children's school, and other miscellaneous orders.

I didn't look at it all, but:
http://www.scscourt.org/documents/fe...eeSchedule.pdf

easily a couple hundred $

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
+1, I always sell stuff to people I know through racing etc. Even if means less money for me. I had a set of K3's went to a local autocross event, A guy there had an E92 335I before I finished telling him,He was gonna decrease around 10lb rotational weight per corner over stock wheels, He started writing a check.
Same afternoon,He was at my house pickin up the wheels...people are much nicer in person.hahahaha

I too prefer in person deals....
Quote:
Throw him under the bus and don't look back.

Post his number and we can all text him about what a douche he's being.
Not sure if it's right (let alone legal) to post the $ publicly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
What the hell this guy is insane and also knows literally nothing about tort law. Wouldn't worry about the Paypal claim as you have clearly had prior communication with cooperation. WRT threats, I would certainly notify the authorities. Might help to have such things documented.
Could you explain WRT threats/Tort law please?
I'm not a law person....
I read the Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort
But I don't see how this would even apply to this situation?
Seller bought something...Seller unhappy...seller doesn't care about the middle pay service (paypa), so he sues? for $45? What judge would even hear this "case"?

Quote:
For 45 bucks why not just apologize and refund his money and tell him to keep the product? In fairness you did send the wrong thing so why should he have to take the time to have to go to the store and send it back when you made the error? Even if you think you deserve the product back, why take a chance for your safety. People are crazy and who knows how far this guy will take it. For 45 bucks and an apology (even if you do not think there is anything you did wrong-does not matter in this case) and call it a day and do not have to worry about him continuing to harrass you or worse, track you down!

What was the product and how was it the "wrong" thing? Its pretty hard to send someone the wrong product unless you are sending hundreds of things out daily. Not saying he is not acting crazy but it was your error so step up and refund him and either arrange to have product picked up at your expense or let him keep it
As I told the buyer, if I did indeed send him the wrong item, I would gladly refund him his money.
But he never showed me good proof that I did...
Reason I don't want to post the item is then people can easily find the thread. This way, it'll take a little bit of work lol.

Member KRUZN335 bought the same thing, as I had 2 of them left over from a recent car purchase (well, my family's purchases, but same thing right?).
The dealer gives (well this one does), this item with every new car purchase.

Also, i don't think I can refund him now that a full dispute is under investigation right?
I have no issue giving him the $ so he just goes away, but I'm not paying him his $45, and then have even the 1% chance paypal says I need to "refund" him, meaning he gets $90
Now that's just plain wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis_m3 View Post
I would recommend filing the restraining order against him. For all you know, he could in fact be crazy (or a stalker), and for sure the police should deal with him.
BTW, you should remove these pics (very easy to decipher the #s).
Good luck!
It's easy to decipher the numbers? really...? I thought I blurred them out pretty good...
The main number at top isn't his real number, it's the number google voice has used to connect us (is that's the number you're referring to?). I don't give out my personal actual cell number...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #27
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

That's some retarded ass shit man, sorry to hear it's happening to you of all people on here! Remember that thread that popped up like a month ago where some idiot hit a guy in his M3 and after exchanging info they realised the other guy had previous convictions of pretty high caliber.. It's gone on for long enough but if it continues until tonight then definitely head down the courts and get a restraining order, you could laugh about it with your friends and think he's a nut job, but then again he could be the nut job that comes all the way to your house and breaks the door down just for his $45.

Stay safe bro
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is that how you would handle it? Seriously? Refund the money and let him keep the item? So if something gets sent to you in error, you think you are entitled to keep the wrong item as well as be refunded your money? Be real.

In the real world if a transaction is done incorrectly, regardless of blame, the product is returned before any refund is processed. The OP should be responsible for refunding the purchase price plus the shipping back since it was his mistake.
Yes if I indeed made a mistake, then I have no issue taking it back.

Hell, at this point, I don't care even if I didn't make a mistake... but I don't think paypal will let me do anything until their investigation is done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
was this a forum sale?

Yes
Hence the note about he doesn't have enough posts to send a PM, and 0 iTrader

I am done with helping members out who have 0 iTrader and limited posts. Done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
persian never said he sent the wrong item, the buyer is claiming the item is incorrect, but refuses to send it back to prove it was in fact the incorrect item. Sure, there could have been a mistake, but the buyer won't prove it and persian doesn't recall sending the wrong item.

Bottom line, I think this douchebag is bluffing. He's just trying to get his money back and get a free item out of it. Don't give in to his bullshit. This is the dangers of selling to random idiots on the internet. The fact that he told you that he doesn't care about Paypal and is just threatening you with verbal abuse and possible physical abuse is proof that he has NOTHING. He is just trying to scare you to the point that you will give in and send his money back to him. Then he has the item and his money. Fuck him.

Let Paypal work it out, if he continues to harrass you, I would work with the cops to get this sorted out. You might need to file a police report of some sort and have it on record. This would help you in the longrun if some sort of legal proceedings had to follow.

You could also contact AT&T to get your number changed (I know it's a pain, but might be worth it). Funny story, I was being stalked and harrassed by an ex-girlfriend and her friends via voicemails and texts. I contacted my phone company, they changed my number for free provided I showed them proof of the harrassment. I think they only allow you do to it once every year or something for free, then if it's more often you have to pay, I'm not sure. I think I was with Verizon at the time, so not sure how AT&T works.

@ THE_TECH: I don't think Ateam read the actual OP... Nowhere in it did persian admit to sending the wrong item. He said he MAY have possibly, but he doesn't recall sending the wrong item. The asshole is just saying it is wrong, but won't send it back and won't send any proof. This douchebag is just trying to scare persian into giving in and sending money back so he gets a free item. This is the problem you run in to with asses on the internet that think they are anonymous.
To clarify, the buyer did agree to send the product back...but AFTER I refunded him.....
So how am I suppose to know I'll get it back after I refund him? I have no leverage at all then

Paypal rule states that the buyer has to pay for return shipping, at least this is what the paypal rep told me

No real need to change my actual # as he only knows my g-voice #, not my personal cell. and that number is easy to change if need be

So is there any merit against the legal stuff? As I said before, I don't know anything when it comes to law, that is not my field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
That's some retarded ass shit man, sorry to hear it's happening to you of all people on here! Remember that thread that popped up like a month ago where some idiot hit a guy in his M3 and after exchanging info they realised the other guy had previous convictions of pretty high caliber.. It's gone on for long enough but if it continues until tonight then definitely head down the courts and get a restraining order, you could laugh about it with your friends and think he's a nut job, but then again he could be the nut job that comes all the way to your house and breaks the door down just for his $45.

Stay safe bro
I read so many threads and respond everywhere it's hard to remember all of them lol

Even with a restraining order, he can still come by....

I seriously have no issue giving his $ back and shutting him up.

But he opened a fking dispute without even trying to be reasonable (i don't appreciate threads/harassment... if he wasn't rude I'd have refunded him almost instantly)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
Poofyo101
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hope it all works out persian.
      11-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #30
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
To clarify, the buyer did agree to send the product back...but AFTER I refunded him.....
So how am I suppose to know I'll get it back after I refund him? I have no leverage at all then

Paypal rule states that the buyer has to pay for return shipping, at least this is what the paypal rep told me

No real need to change my actual # as he only knows my g-voice #, not my personal cell. and that number is easy to change if need be

So is there any merit against the legal stuff? As I said before, I don't know anything when it comes to law, that is not my field.
He is blowing smoke with the legal stuff. He has nothing. That is why he is resorting to personal threats and violent tendencies. Honestly bro, he's just trying to scare you with stuff that sounds bad until you give in and send him the money. I'm not a lawyer, and don't know a whole lot about it, but the burden of proof is currently on him IMO. You don't believe you sent the wrong item, but he is saying you did. He should have to provide proof that you did send the wrong item (like, sending it BACK to you), so you can then process his refund. I am pretty sure that Paypal will see it the same way. Plus, with the threats you are getting, they will more than likely be on your side here. If YOU want to pursue legal action against him for the harrassment, you have a strong case as long as there isn't anything you've done to antagonize him (any text can be tracked, so even the slightest insult you send him could be used against you in that case). If you definitely want to take action against him, then you need to consult a lawyer. Personally, I would let Paypal resolve the dispute, which will probably shut him up. Once he realizes he's not getting his free item, he will probably give up and leave you alone. If he doesn't, then you need to contact a lawyer.

Since you said he has your address, I would contact the authorities right away. Ensure they know the magnitude of the situation and they see all of the threats you got from this guy. Tell them that you are concerned for your safety because he has your address.

I guarantee he will NOT send the item back after he gets the refund. That's not the way it works in real life anyway! I bought curtains yesterday from Walmart that don't quite match the color I thought I wanted in my living room. I can't call Walmart and tell them I want my money back, then I'll bring the item in... I go to customer service with the item in hand, process the receipt, and then I get my money back. This guy is living in some fantasy if he thinks you need to refund him before you get the item back.

It's good that he doesn't have your real number. I thought for a second he did. Can you somehow disconnect the google vouice number thing so it doesn't send you the texts anymore? I would do that temporarily at least to avoid the conversations with him until the dispute is resolved.
      11-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Pointerman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

[QUOTE=persian54;10813371]Even with a restraining order, he can still come by....

QUOTE]

And you have his address. Just let him know that you have his address as well and a lot of people know about this situation. Advise that his address has been provided to a lot of really large friends and that if anything happens to you or any of your property those people will make use of the address they have been provided.

No wait, that is probably really bad advise, but it sure would be fun to see how he responds...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #32
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Throw him under the bus and don't look back.

Post his number and we can all text him about what a douche he's being.
LOL!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #33
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

First thoughts that come to mind
-Is this guy like 16 working minimum wage where $45 means alot to him
-Is he scamming to get his money back and keep the goods
-Is he generally just a person with mental health issues

If there is any level of reasonableness in him he will calm down and realise you are following the correct procedure given the situation.
      11-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #34
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poofyo101 View Post
Hope it all works out persian.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
He is blowing smoke with the legal stuff. He has nothing. That is why he is resorting to personal threats and violent tendencies. Honestly bro, he's just trying to scare you with stuff that sounds bad until you give in and send him the money. I'm not a lawyer, and don't know a whole lot about it, but the burden of proof is currently on him IMO. You don't believe you sent the wrong item, but he is saying you did. He should have to provide proof that you did send the wrong item (like, sending it BACK to you), so you can then process his refund. I am pretty sure that Paypal will see it the same way. Plus, with the threats you are getting, they will more than likely be on your side here. If YOU want to pursue legal action against him for the harrassment, you have a strong case as long as there isn't anything you've done to antagonize him (any text can be tracked, so even the slightest insult you send him could be used against you in that case). If you definitely want to take action against him, then you need to consult a lawyer. Personally, I would let Paypal resolve the dispute, which will probably shut him up. Once he realizes he's not getting his free item, he will probably give up and leave you alone. If he doesn't, then you need to contact a lawyer.

Since you said he has your address, I would contact the authorities right away. Ensure they know the magnitude of the situation and they see all of the threats you got from this guy. Tell them that you are concerned for your safety because he has your address.

I guarantee he will NOT send the item back after he gets the refund. That's not the way it works in real life anyway! I bought curtains yesterday from Walmart that don't quite match the color I thought I wanted in my living room. I can't call Walmart and tell them I want my money back, then I'll bring the item in... I go to customer service with the item in hand, process the receipt, and then I get my money back. This guy is living in some fantasy if he thinks you need to refund him before you get the item back.

It's good that he doesn't have your real number. I thought for a second he did. Can you somehow disconnect the google vouice number thing so it doesn't send you the texts anymore? I would do that temporarily at least to avoid the conversations with him until the dispute is resolved.
Yes I can disconnect it, that's not an issue.

But then he can easily email me right?

Tell me if this is harassment on my part:

(I'm paraphrasing)

'your texts come in pieces and are illegible, can you resent them please?"
(this was when I first got them and didn't have time to decipher them

I advised him to send me something legible

I told him I'd have easily refunded it if he had been respectful and talked to me prior to taking this to paypal (he did email me before making the paypal claim, but he didn't even respond to my response, which was sent minutes after I got his email, and simply opened the claim)

"I'm trying to communicate with you and understand what you're trying to say, but it's not my fault your texts come in pieces and are illegible)

"you can't expect me to do anything if I can't understand you"

[note how I keep asking him to send me something legible? He's completely stopped responding after sending his threats/harassment texts)

"okay now I'm really confused, you sent me multiple (15) text messages tonight, and all I ask is for you to tell me what you're saying and you ignore me?"

"you seem to talk big..and say various things (wish I knew exactly what you're trying to convey though) but don't clarify them? what the heck? you don't make any sense"

"seems clear to me you don't have an interest life since you are spending so much time over $45. tbh, i had completely forgotten about this as I DGAF about the item or the $. you seriously seem to have some issues. may i advice you to consult a physician? maybe a psychiatrist? just simple friendly suggestions since you don't make any sense to me"

note these are paraphrases, I don't use acronyms and do my best to make full complete sentences when texting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerman View Post
And you have his address. Just let him know that you have his address as well and a lot of people know about this situation. Advise that his address has been provided to a lot of really large friends and that if anything happens to you or any of your property those people will make use of the address they have been provided.

No wait, that is probably really bad advise, but it sure would be fun to see how he responds...
lol that would make me the same as him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
First thoughts that come to mind
-Is this guy like 16 working minimum wage where $45 means alot to him
-Is he scamming to get his money back and keep the goods
-Is he generally just a person with mental health issues

If there is any level of reasonableness in him he will calm down and realise you are following the correct procedure given the situation.
Yes $45 is not the end of the world

My 2 year anniversary dinner with my girl tonight will cost much much more than that...

All I want is for him to send it back before getting his $ back..and I don't want it hand delivered...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #35
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

So this guy bought some wheel locks from you and didn't bother to check to see if they would fit his car? He needs to send them back before you can refund him.
      11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

FOR A FAWKIN $45 BUCKS... wtf.... didnt read peoples response but fawk WTF after seeing $45 dispute WTF is hes problem... OH im talking about the douche bag....
      11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #37
DesertEagle50
Admiral General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 FB

Garage List
2013 BMW M5 F10  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Since you sold him something with paypal and shipped it to him give paypal your tracking # showing that it was delivered and you should be eligible for their seller protection program.

Check into that with paypal. Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #38
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
So this guy bought some wheel locks from you and didn't bother to check to see if they would fit his car? He needs to send them back before you can refund him.
haha how did you figure that one out

the part number fits the car though if you actually do a search....

He says I sent him used lugs....

honestly if he just sends it back... i want him to go away..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #39
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

my only point was being that he knows where you live and obviously sounds crazy, to me it would be worth losing 45 bucks for peace of mind that he will not do something insane or continue to stalk you. If he is bluffing than you lose 45 bucks either way but even if you are not in the wrong at all, think of it as paying 45 bucks to get rid of the problem and just let him keep the darn stuff and be done with it. Just my .02. Antatognizing crazy people is not worth it for 45 bucks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #40
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
...snip...
Here's the deal. If you messed up and sent the wrong thing you owe him a refund of the purchase price, original shipping cost, and return shipping costs.

If you sent the right thing and are offering a refund, you only owe him the purchase price and he eats the shipping both ways.

The buyer must always return the item first before getting any money back from the seller.

Just tell him to send the thing back on his dime and if it was the wrong item you'll do the first thing I mentioned above, if it's the right one, you'll do the second.

This is standard practice for any business. If the buye doesn't like it, tell him there is a nice famouse bridge in Pasadena that he can go jump off of.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #41
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

I've had this happen to me before over a sale of a book worth $0.99 on Amazon. He claimed I sent the wrong book and demanded that I send him the correct book while keeping the first book I sent because he didn't want the inconvenience of sending it back.. Without letting me fix the problem, he immediately went to file a claim with Amazon deteriorating my seller rating. This guy harassed and threatened me over e-mail for a week. After day 2, I said fuck it and refunded all of the $0.99 and I even gave him an extra $2.00 for him to find and buy another book. I countered his dispute and just moved on.

Honestly, people like this are just a bunch of pussies that will continue to talk. If I were you, I'd want him to come over so I could kick his face in. On top of that, if you do have money and manage a company, you know that $45.00 or $0.99 isnt worth your trouble both in time and mental health...

Fine you loose $45.00 in the end.. Its not worth loosing that 10-15% of your energy and getting upset over this loser. Since you've let PP take over the dispute, let PP take care of the claim. If he keeps bugging you, just refund him and move on..

From what it seems, I really don't think he will come to your front door and do shiet to you....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #42
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
haha how did you figure that one out

the part number fits the car though if you actually do a search....

He says I sent him used lugs....

honestly if he just sends it back... i want him to go away..
Ah, are these the $60 BMW ones? I ordered a set of those and they're packed poorly and look dirty and you'd swear that they were used even though they're new... I think this may be what's happening.

Mine even had all kinds of crap in the package. BMW should be embarrassed.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my only point was being that he knows where you live and obviously sounds crazy, to me it would be worth losing 45 bucks for peace of mind that he will not do something insane or continue to stalk you. If he is bluffing than you lose 45 bucks either way but even if you are not in the wrong at all, think of it as paying 45 bucks to get rid of the problem and just let him keep the darn stuff and be done with it. Just my .02. Antatognizing crazy people is not worth it for 45 bucks
I agree
but I didn't see an option to refund him after he did the dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
Here's the deal. If you messed up and sent the wrong thing you owe him a refund of the purchase price, original shipping cost, and return shipping costs.

If you sent the right thing and are offering a refund, you only owe him the purchase price and he eats the shipping both ways.

The buyer must always return the item first before getting any money back from the seller.

Just tell him to send the thing back on his dime and if it was the wrong item you'll do the first thing I mentioned above, if it's the right one, you'll do the second.

This is standard practice for any business. If the buye doesn't like it, tell him there is a nice famouse bridge in Pasadena that he can go jump off of.

I told him to send it back and I'll refund him. No way am I refunding without getting it back

Anyways, I called paypal again.

Told them I don't want to deal with him...so they advised me to close the dispute and have the buyer return the item and then he receives a refund.

If the buyer doesn't provide tracking within X amount of days, case closed and I keep the $45

If he provides tracking, and I receive the wrong item, then I can open up a claim/dispute from my end for seller protection

She mentioned that since I'm a top customer etc, that I should have no problem(s) etc

She said that if I was an actual business (like say IND or EAS or something), I'd have a much stronger case, but since I'm an individual and not a business, the case isn't as strong

Honestly I don't care anymore. I just want him to go away and leave me alone.

I'll file a police report though, that's easy right?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #44
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Post the Screen Name.
Appreciate 0