E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Crazy buyer....What to do?

11-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Crazy buyer....What to do?

Sorry to make this long

Cliff notes:
Sell item to buyer
buyer unhappy, opens paypal dispute without patience.
Buyer crazy/sends harassing text messages
Wtf to do.

So... I sold something (worth so little $$...) to someone.

They are unhappy with it....
Said I sent the wrong thing/not as described/etc etc.

I calmly told him that if indeed did make an honest mistake and sent him the wrong item, then I have no issue refunding it, as long as he returns the item to me. I am only human after all, and am not immune to making mistakes
He ends up opening a paypal claim without even responding to my response (I responded to his email immediately after I received it, but the claim was opened later..).
I was like...um okay...I said I'd do it as long as you can show me I sent you the wrong thing...
So he escalates it to a paypal dispute, fine w/e I'll let paypal deal with it. I submitted my evidence and my side of the story. Then I "forgot" (meaning I just don't care so I'll wait for paypal to make a decision) about it...

But this guy is freaking relentless and annoying.

First he sent these:

I called paypal and reported it.
I'm like wtf...why do you care about where I live? and who the heck are you to be threatening me?

Now it's been a couple weeks...and he sends these tonight (sorry they're out of out of order, they came out weird...)

To be honest, I had no problem refunding his $ if he would sent me the stuff back. But he's being a real a$$. To a point where I'm thinking "just lose the $ and forget about it" or "don't give in, this dude is a real POS and you can't have him have his way."
Plus, I don't even know how to refund him his money since he apparently doesn't care about paypal...and I need to wait for them to finish their investigation. I'm not sending him $ and then waiting for paypal to be neutral and just say "buyer return, seller refund." he would get double the $

I'm generally a stubborn individual, but this has really gone too far. I don't fking care about the $, but then I feel like "giving in"...I really am thinking about this too much.

I spoke to Paypal on the phone regarding this matter and they advised me to stick to the claim and don't refund this (and I quote) "crazy individual"

The dude sent me like 15 text messages while I was busy doing more important things...real PITA.

I stopped by my local Police station and they recommended I file a restraining order lol..
Don't really feel like standing in line at the courthouse and paying a couple hundred dollars (which is several times more than the value of the item) for a restraining order.
In a way, I want to do it to "teach him a lesson," but who am I to be teaching people any lessons?

And...wtf is this about him wanting me to apologize on bimmerpost? or else he'll have me banned??

The dude doesn't even have enough posts to send a PM! and 0 iTrader
Who the hell is he to threaten me with getting me banned? He should get banned lol I contribute to much to be taken away :P

Any mods want to chime in on this??

And what is this he's saying I should talk to my legal council?
And that wire fraud or something? wtheck? I've never heard of anything like this for such a small amount over an online sale.

I'm confused as to where he's going with all this and what he's said.

I'm not even sure if I can refund him now that the dispute has been filed, I've never had to deal with a paypal dispute.

Please note that, although I didn't post copies of my text messages, I mainly kept saying stuff like "excuse me?" "I don't know what you're trying to say (this was at first cause they came really out of order...hard to read), "Why are you so upset?" etc. I didn't think it was worth it to post them. I already posted enough lol

It's 1am, and I'm exhausted, so please do excuse my poor English and grammar. As some may know from my other thousands of posts, I tend to (well at least I try to) be grammatically correct as much as I can.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

wait why did this post here?

I could have sworn I had OT open... weird..

mods, please feel to move/delete.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

I would recommend filing the restraining order against him. For all you know, he could in fact be crazy (or a stalker), and for sure the police should deal with him.
BTW, you should remove these pics (very easy to decipher the #s).
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Ouch... online transactions are always risky even for a vendor. Sorry to hear about his. I would just ignore him until PayPal gets back to you. Does he know where you live? If so, then I might get a restraining order if he is as crazy as you suggest.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

I can't believe the guy is getting so torqued up about 45 bucks. You may want to call the cops just as a precaution. The guy may be a nut case or have a violent record.
      11-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
Poofyo101
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Persian don't give him SHIT
Everyone here knows you are a legit seller and a pleasure to deal with.
I will +1 for that.
      11-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
I can't believe the guy is getting so torqued up about 45 bucks. You may want to call the cops just as a precaution. The guy may be a nut case or have a violent record.
+1 - definitely sounds like you need to protect yourself
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Clearly, from the facts you presented, this guy is nuts. Attempting to understand the thought process of a nut is a waste of time. If he knows where you live I would take the necessary precautions because it is no longer about the money. Otherwise, wait for PayPal to resolve it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #9
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Yeah, I got my reflectors from persian54 with no issues. Great seller!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

+1000 I've always seen persian54 helping folks out and he's a standup guy! This other buyer dude sounds like a loony tune..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

he sounds crazy...wtf is wrong with these ppls nowadays
      11-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #12
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Lol all this over $45...

I say let him go through all that trouble. Have him hire a lawyer so he can collect $45.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
SeeYaLater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Don't refund him anything, just let Paypal deal with it. I would just ignore his messages. This nut job probably lives all alone somewhere in the woods like the unibomber or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

I'd get the restraining order. He sounds crazy and on top of that he should be taught a lesson about being an e-thug.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
I'd get the restraining order. He sounds crazy and on top of that he should be taught a lesson about being an e-thug.
not sure about cali but here in NY the person must be arrested before you can get a restraining order on them.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Wow. $45 wouldn't be worth 20 minutes of my time (and that includes selling that item). OP: Who is the member getting so bent out of shape?
+1, I always sell stuff to people I know through racing etc. Even if means less money for me. I had a set of K3's went to a local autocross event, A guy there had an E92 335I before I finished telling him,He was gonna decrease around 10lb rotational weight per corner over stock wheels, He started writing a check.
Same afternoon,He was at my house pickin up the wheels...people are much nicer in person.hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #17
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Throw him under the bus and don't look back.

Post his number and we can all text him about what a douche he's being.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

What the hell this guy is insane and also knows literally nothing about tort law. Wouldn't worry about the Paypal claim as you have clearly had prior communication with cooperation. WRT threats, I would certainly notify the authorities. Might help to have such things documented.
      11-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Throw him under the bus and don't look back.

Post his number and we can all text him about what a douche he's being.
hahaha this! post the number for endless trolling of his phone

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

For 45 bucks why not just apologize and refund his money and tell him to keep the product? In fairness you did send the wrong thing so why should he have to take the time to have to go to the store and send it back when you made the error? Even if you think you deserve the product back, why take a chance for your safety. People are crazy and who knows how far this guy will take it. For 45 bucks and an apology (even if you do not think there is anything you did wrong-does not matter in this case) and call it a day and do not have to worry about him continuing to harrass you or worse, track you down!

What was the product and how was it the "wrong" thing? Its pretty hard to send someone the wrong product unless you are sending hundreds of things out daily. Not saying he is not acting crazy but it was your error so step up and refund him and either arrange to have product picked up at your expense or let him keep it
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #21
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
For 45 bucks why not just apologize and refund his money and tell him to keep the product? In fairness you did send the wrong thing so why should he have to take the time to have to go to the store and send it back when you made the error? Even if you think you deserve the product back, why take a chance for your safety. People are crazy and who knows how far this guy will take it. For 45 bucks and an apology (even if you do not think there is anything you did wrong-does not matter in this case) and call it a day and do not have to worry about him continuing to harrass you or worse, track you down!

What was the product and how was it the "wrong" thing? Its pretty hard to send someone the wrong product unless you are sending hundreds of things out daily. Not saying he is not acting crazy but it was your error so step up and refund him and either arrange to have product picked up at your expense or let him keep it
Is that how you would handle it? Seriously? Refund the money and let him keep the item? So if something gets sent to you in error, you think you are entitled to keep the wrong item as well as be refunded your money? Be real.

In the real world if a transaction is done incorrectly, regardless of blame, the product is returned before any refund is processed. The OP should be responsible for refunding the purchase price plus the shipping back since it was his mistake.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

was this a forum sale?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0