E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Fuck cops on motorcycles

09-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Okay so after your first ticket you didn't care and kept on doing what you were doing. After your 2nd ticket you STILL didn't care and then you got your 3rd one. If that was me I would be driving like a grandpa for the next 18 months so that point will clear up.

It doesn't matter if you think you were going with the flow of traffic. If it seems like you were the leader or if you were going slightly faster than others, you're the fastest one and the crosshair is on you.

And what's the point in having 340hp when you can only go 25-30mpH? I really don't know. Maybe you shouldn't have gotten that HPF kit in the first place. If everyone that owns a 300+ hp vehicle thinks that it gives them the right to speed, the world would be a very deadly place. If you have the need to speed, take it out a track.
Ok, couple of things:

1) I'm not wording this properly. I've been keeping an eye on my speed 99.9999999% of the time. It's just that in two isolated instances where I wanted to hit the throttle for no more than two seconds I've been nailed. I don't speed all the time man.

2) HPFP = High performance fuel pump. HPF = Horsepower Freaks kit for the e46 M3. Completely different. I've got a JB tune.

3) If there was a track that was even remotely within distance of me I'd be all over it. There isn't one. I'm stuck with remote backroads. Oh wait, that's right. I'm in Gville now. I don't know anything about this place. It sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #46
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

I took driving school 3 times

Ask the judge for this option, it's boring as shit but it'll save you money in the long run

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #47
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
fuck cops on motorcycle? which position is that called? sounds kinky. ur a freak
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #48
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
fuck cops on motorcycle? which position is that called? sounds kinky. ur a freak
jeahjeah
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #49
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I took driving school 3 times

Ask the judge for this option, it's boring as shit but it'll save you money in the long run
I'll give it a shot.

Hell, I'll accept a shitload of community service hours over a raise in points. I could care less about the fine (sorta), it's mainly the points + insurance that worries me.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #50
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

With ur young age and that many tickets, they'd suspend you license in VA here for sure...don't know a bout FL....but here it'll be suspended 6 months for ur first reckless

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #51
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
wow and i thought my 2 tickets in a week was bad...

although mine arent that bad. -"unsafe start" - cop said i spun my tires (moto-cop)
the other one is a fix-it for plates and tints

GL bro

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #52
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
With ur young age and that many tickets, they'd suspend you license in VA here for sure...don't know a bout FL....but here it'll be suspended 6 months for ur first reckless

w/e. No point in getting worked up about something I can't avoid. I'll see what happens and report back after my visit to the court I guess.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #53
bmw-hoya
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

I love this forum, but boy is it *annoying* to hear the same thing over and over again: "that's what you get"; "you're speeding"; "what do you expect." Please. Get off your high horses. Who doesn't know that tickets are a HUGE source of revenue for local police departments? As if cops are right all the time, or don't have their biases. Honestly, were you all born yesterday??? I'm much less worried about this guy going 8 or 9 miles over the speed limit than I am about getting mugged or murdered. Or god forbid, some group conspiring against the U.S. (seeing as it's within a week of the 9/11 anniversary).

So, step off of it, please. I for one, feel for you, OP.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #54
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-hoya View Post
I love this forum, but boy is it *annoying* to hear the same thing over and over again: "that's what you get"; "you're speeding"; "what do you expect." Please. Get off your high horses. Who doesn't know that tickets are a HUGE source of revenue for local police departments? As if cops are right all the time, or don't have their biases. Honestly, were you all born yesterday??? I'm much less worried about this guy going 8 or 9 miles over the speed limit than I am about getting mugged or murdered. Or god forbid, some group conspiring against the U.S. (seeing as it's within a week of the 9/11 anniversary).

So, step off of it, please. I for one, feel for you, OP.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #55
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
What Bimmer Loyalist really needs is an attitude adjustment. Grown men don't come on here crying about getting tickets. You gotta pay to play. You knew you were in the wrong each and every time and you got caught.

Yes tickets do suck and yes most police just generate revenue. Just don't come on here expecting sympathy for being a hazard to everyone else on the road.

Maybe you can get a couple more tickets really quick and lose your license for a year, that would give you plenty of time to reflect and learn about all the in's and out's of riding the bus
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #56
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
What Bimmer Loyalist really needs is an attitude adjustment. Grown men don't come on here crying about getting tickets. You gotta pay to play. You knew you were in the wrong each and every time and you got caught.

Yes tickets do suck and yes most police just generate revenue. Just don't come on here expecting sympathy for being a hazard to everyone else on the road.

Maybe you can get a couple more tickets really quick and lose your license for a year, that would give you plenty of time to reflect and learn about all the in's and out's of riding the bus
It's a way to vent. You ever vent before?

The boldened part of your quote made me laugh.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #57
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Wow, Bimmer...a lot of punks giving you heat in this thread, huh?

I agree with bmw-hoya...you've just gotten really unlucky. Hope things work out and your luck turns around.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #58
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
He knows its his fault stop bashing on him -_-.. Almost 99% of the time Motorcycle cops are dicks no matter how polite you are...
I would agree. I got a ticket from a Motorcycle cop about a month ago. For unsafe lane change(lane 2 to lane 4), with him saying I didn't use my blinker and 80 in a 60.

Now I KNOW for a fact I used my blinker, I'll even swear on my dead mother that I did, I'm so sure of this cuz we have the fantastic tap and 3 blink blinker, which I even demonstrated to the dick and he then yelled at me saying, "ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT", I wish I could have said back, "no, just blind fucker"

Anyways I fought it and he didn't show up. Both charges dropped and case dismissed.

I say fight it. I'd bet to say 2 of the 3 cops don't show and at the least you'll be able to plead down to a non-moving violation and get no points on your license. Besides, you're in school, you can waste an hour of a couple mornings fighting these tickets.

oh, and STOP SPEEDING you wreckless little punk bitch, you'll kill someone one day. Man nothing buy hypocrites on this site sometimes, you all speed and you fucking know it, and you'll all bitch when you get a ticket and you know that too.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #59
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
What Bimmer Loyalist really needs is an attitude adjustment.
"Don't taze me bro!"

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #60
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Do not speed in areas you are not familiar with. You WILL get nailed. You need to know where, and when to open the car up, and always do a 360 check around the car so you know your surroundings before you even think about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #61
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Fuck em.

3 tickets in 2 weeks. That's NEVER happened to me before. Fuck Gainesville, there's so many cops.

It's been over a year since my last ticket (for excessive lane changing on the highway), and since I've moved to Gainesville I've had 3 in a rapid fire succession. Each time it was bullshit too.

First ticket: I was in the Civic, goin 87 in a 65, but I honestly didn't even realize how fast I was going. The general flow was about 80 as it was, and I was in the left lane where everyone was going at least 80-85. Fuckin cop swings out behind the guy behind me, goes on the emergency lane and pulls me over.

Second ticket: I'm in the 3 going home after school. I'm really happy because I just got my HPFP replacement done. I get caught behind this granny in a camry going like 30 in a 40, so I get a little annoyed because I'm boxed in by this other old guy. As soon as I get a gap to break free I get a little carried away and I'm doing about 51 in a 40. Fuckin asshole comes outta NOWHERE and pulls me over. Fuck.

Third ticket: In the 3, me and four other guys are going down to a sports grille to eat wings and watch the Rays game (which we got owned in btw). There's a stretch of road that goes downhill, nobody's around. I tell them, "hey I just installed this tune, lemme show ya". I gun it for MAYBE two seconds tops, and then I hit the brakes and bring my speed back down to about 50 in a 45. Piece of shit on two wheels rolls out in front of me, points at me and then tells me to pull over. Doesn't say anything except "you were going 30 over the speed limit, that's a mandatory court date". Fuck you.

I just had to vent guys. This place has so many fucking cops it's depressing.

oh great, another "I was speeding and got caught, fuck the cops" thread.

Last edited by oldaccount; 09-17-2008 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #62
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I would agree. I got a ticket from a Motorcycle cop about a month ago. For unsafe lane change(lane 2 to lane 4), with him saying I didn't use my blinker and 80 in a 60.

Now I KNOW for a fact I used my blinker, I'll even swear on my dead mother that I did, I'm so sure of this cuz we have the fantastic tap and 3 blink blinker, which I even demonstrated to the dick and he then yelled at me saying, "ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT", I wish I could have said back, "no, just blind fucker"

Anyways I fought it and he didn't show up. Both charges dropped and case dismissed.

I say fight it. I'd bet to say 2 of the 3 cops don't show and at the least you'll be able to plead down to a non-moving violation and get no points on your license. Besides, you're in school, you can waste an hour of a couple mornings fighting these tickets.

oh, and STOP SPEEDING you wreckless little punk bitch, you'll kill someone one day. Man nothing buy hypocrites on this site sometimes, you all speed and you fucking know it, and you'll all bitch when you get a ticket and you know that too.
Glad to hear you got out of your ticket. Yeah, I plan on fighting them, but honestly, they all lazered me. I don't know HOW the last guy got me. He seriously sprung out of nowhere. If anything, I'm just going to ask the judge if I can take as many comm. service hours as possible, just so long as I don't recieve the points. Funny part is that after the 3rd guy finished giving me a ticket, he pulled right back onto the road and nailed another guy. Not gonna lie, the guy's an efficient source of revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Wow, Bimmer...a lot of punks giving you heat in this thread, huh?

I agree with bmw-hoya...you've just gotten really unlucky. Hope things work out and your luck turns around.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Do not speed in areas you are not familiar with. You WILL get nailed. You need to know where, and when to open the car up, and always do a 360 check around the car so you know your surroundings before you even think about it.
Exactly. I learned this the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
oh great, another "I was speeding and got caught, fuck the cops" thread.
Usually you're cool on the forums. Right now you're just a jackass.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #63
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Usually you're cool on the forums. Right now you're just a jackass.
How so? You openly admit to speeding, but youre whining about getting caught. By getting pulled over 3 times in 14 days, youre obviously doing something wrong. Nobody else is having this problem. The cops arent picking on you, theyre not following you, they are not conspiring against you; you just dont know how to speed. Either stop speeding, or get a V1 and learn how to speed without getting caught, or just man up and deal with your tickets.

At any given moment, on any car-related forum anywhere on the interet there is an active thread identical to this one - some kid whining about how unfair the man is for enforcing a law that everyone is fully aware of. Im not out to be a jackass, but these kind of threads are just silly.

And btw, im always cool.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #64
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How so? You openly admit to speeding, but youre whining about getting caught. By getting pulled over 3 times in 14 days, youre obviously doing something wrong. Nobody else is having this problem. The cops arent picking on you, theyre not following you, they are not conspiring against you; you just dont know how to speed. Either stop speeding, or get a V1 and learn how to speed without getting caught, or just man up and deal with your tickets.

At any given moment, on any car-related forum anywhere on the interet there is an active thread identical to this one - some kid whining about how unfair the man is for enforcing a law that everyone is fully aware of. Im not out to be a jackass, but these kind of threads are just silly.

And btw, im always cool.
Dude, you can't say that it's not just horribly bad luck that the two times where I decide to speed for NO MORE than 3 secs I end up getting caught. That's bad luck.

And no, I'm not a stereotypical teen blabbering on about conspiracy bullshit. Don't put words in my mouth.

Be cool.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #65
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, you can't say that it's not just horribly bad luck that the two times where I decide to speed for NO MORE than 3 secs I end up getting caught. That's bad luck.
its possible, but it sounds more like someone just trying to justify it as such so they have someone/something to blame other than themselves.

who speeds for < 3 seconds?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #66
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
its possible, but it sounds more like someone just trying to justify it as such so they have someone/something to blame other than themselves.

who speeds for < 3 seconds?
Three seconds is a long time if you think about it. One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand etc etc. You're going 35 and you hit the accelerator for 3 secs and see where you're at. Just don't be in Gville while you do it.

I wanted to show my friends what it felt like, and I showed em. It doesn't take 10 secs of speeding to do that.
Appreciate 0