E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Panhandlers

06-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #89
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittstock View Post
You've watched Wall Street 2 a few times, haven't you?

Yeah, I love that movie. Not a great acting, but I really liked the storyline.

First time I've learned word "Moral Hazard" was when i was taking Intro Macro Econ class. They were talking about why the govt issues food stamp instead of handing out cash.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #90
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

i volunteer on weekends and it has made me start diving into my own small nonprofit. ill give back to the community all the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #91
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Panhandlers have reached a new low around our city. You know those automated rocking chairs? One panhandler set up a battery-powered rocking chair with a drape over it and sunglasses. There's a basket that protrudes out for people near the traffic light to drop money in. He sets it up in the morning (presumably) and collects whatever money accumulates throughout the day. Literally too lazy to panhandle
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #92
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Panhandlers have reached a new low around our city. You know those automated rocking chairs? One panhandler set up a battery-powered rocking chair with a drape over it and sunglasses. There's a basket that protrudes out for people near the traffic light to drop money in. He sets it up in the morning (presumably) and collects whatever money accumulates throughout the day. Literally too lazy to panhandle
I'd rob him to teach him a lesson. haha
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #93
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

So after work I exited I-40 to see my favorite people standing at the same intersection. One holding a sign with something about Target being a communist driving business or something, and another was some crazy black lady that I've never seen before.

Usually nobody actually comes up unless you roll your window down and stick money out, but she was badgering EVERYONE in line. Seriously, she hit like 12 cars down the ramp before she got to mine. She put her HAND on my window, I now have finger prints on the outside, so I'm a little upset that my cheap car's windows have been soiled after a nice wash.

She of course asked for money. I pulled out my wallet, sifted through a few 20's in front of her, told her I was sorry but I had nothing to give. Her eyes lit up like candles. She then proceeded to tell me how I was rude and inconsiderate and that there are people who are less fortunate in the world, yada yada yada yada.

I ended up caving in. She had me. Hook line and sinker...

That bitch walked away with my .80 in change that was intended for my coffee at work this morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #94
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

^^ She got you alright. They do this for a living.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #95
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was eating lunch outside patio with people (total of 3 male and 2 kids) I know,and one of the lady in late 20s came to us for bus money. 2 of us told her no $, but one of the party gave her $5.
After lunch, I went to bank on a same plaza/mall to deposit a check. I saw her sitting on a grass there.

$5 isn't enough for a bus fare?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #96
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
It's $1.50 where I live, and $5 is enough for a day pass that can let her go anywhere until midnight.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #97
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
So after work I exited I-40 to see my favorite people standing at the same intersection. One holding a sign with something about Target being a communist driving business or something, and another was some crazy black lady that I've never seen before.

Usually nobody actually comes up unless you roll your window down and stick money out, but she was badgering EVERYONE in line. Seriously, she hit like 12 cars down the ramp before she got to mine. She put her HAND on my window, I now have finger prints on the outside, so I'm a little upset that my cheap car's windows have been soiled after a nice wash.

She of course asked for money. I pulled out my wallet, sifted through a few 20's in front of her, told her I was sorry but I had nothing to give. Her eyes lit up like candles. She then proceeded to tell me how I was rude and inconsiderate and that there are people who are less fortunate in the world, yada yada yada yada.

I ended up caving in. She had me. Hook line and sinker...

That bitch walked away with my .80 in change that was intended for my coffee at work this morning.
Aww yea...

The minute she put her hand on my window I would have yelled at her to go the fuck away before I call the cops.

Crack addicts can get pushy sometimes.
      06-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #98
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Aww yea...

The minute she put her hand on my window I would have yelled at her to go the fuck away before I call the cops.

Crack addicts can get pushy sometimes.
I was pretty irritated, but I was so close to home, I really didn't feel like taking the time to do anything about it. I knew I was going home to a fridge full of beer and A/C, while she stood in the summer heat.

I just made sure I double windex-ed the crack and cheeto covered finger prints off the window when I got home.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #99
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Another rough day at the office.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #100
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

As of late I get hit up by people and it goes something like this...
"Hi hoping you could help. I'm not looking for a handout. I have a job and my check just hasn't cleared yet. I'm not asking for money, just some groceries for my family; some Hamburger Helper, bread, lunchmeat and diapers."

or
"Hey I'm not looking for any money but can you spare a few taco's or burgers for my son and I?"

I've helped but when you do the math... it's cheaper to just give a couple of dollars lol.
I just gave a pack of chicken to a girl yesterday in front of a grocery store worth $8 and she leaves me saying "pray for me that someone will give me diapers" bwahahaha.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #101
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
As of late I get hit up by people and it goes something like this...
"Hi hoping you could help. I'm not looking for a handout. I have a job and my check just hasn't cleared yet. I'm not asking for money, just some groceries for my family; some Hamburger Helper, bread, lunchmeat and diapers."

or
"Hey I'm not looking for any money but can you spare a few taco's or burgers for my son and I?"

I've helped but when you do the math... it's cheaper to just give a couple of dollars lol.
I just gave a pack of chicken to a girl yesterday in front of a grocery store worth $8 and she leaves me saying "pray for me that someone will give me diapers" bwahahaha.
First of all, give them the gift of grammar. It is not, "for my son and I."

Secondly, while diapers are costly, and wic only provides for beer and cigarettes, there are diaper banks available for mothers who spend all their welfare on alcohol and drugs.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #102
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I was pretty irritated, but I was so close to home, I really didn't feel like taking the time to do anything about it. I knew I was going home to a fridge full of beer and A/C, while she stood in the summer heat.

I just made sure I double windex-ed the crack and cheeto covered finger prints off the window when I got home.

You are garbage. The way you post in this thread, who do you think you are? God?

Please.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #103
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

(old news but) Really???

Our church goes down to downtown food bank and soup kitchen type to volunteer for homeless. I volunteer bunch of can food there.

Diapers? There are some at city rescue mission.
Food? There are bunch.
Clothes? There are some good brand name clothes cond. are far better than my average clothes

Only bummer part is very short supply of shelter during winter.

BY THE WAY....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2966254.html
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...oots-from-cop/
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #104
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
You are garbage. The way you post in this thread, who do you think you are? God?

Please.
Hey, give the guy a break. He gave her his last $0.80 despite a smeared window, which they can harass me all they want but if they lay a finger on my car it's over; that lady would've been lucky to get a stare in her general direction from me if she did that. I lost faith in pandhandlers and only give under exigent circumstances (see post #65).
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #105
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

Please.
Me? Like the almighty Lord? While I fashion myself to be pretty damn close, no one on this planet can amount to that level of righteousness, friend.

Thank you for the compliment though, I really hope I leave an everlasting impression on your life.

FYI, not that it matters inside your pretentious mind, I used to volunteer at soup kitchens in Detroit with my church ministry.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #106
zgood4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC BSM

http://jawdrops.com/boobless/
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #107
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
I swear I've seen this when waiting on the light on Bee Caves to get on Mopac.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #108
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I swear I've seen this when waiting on the light on Bee Caves to get on Mopac.
Bee Caves and Mopac is precisely the intersection I was thinking of when I made that comment. That's where I see his (or her) setup most of the time. I've seen it at the corner of 360 and Walsh Tarlton (near the entrance of Barton Creek Mall) on occasion as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #109
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Bee Caves and Mopac is precisely the intersection I was thinking of when I made that comment. That's where I see his (or her) setup most of the time. I've seen it at the corner of 360 and Walsh Tarlton (near the entrance of Barton Creek Mall) on occasion as well.
I was in the left lane about to go under Mopac directly next to this contraption. I was looking at it closely since the face was completely covered. I could have sworn I saw the feet move, but it could be the robot making those movements. I need to check it out again when I'm there riding my bike.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #110
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I was in the left lane about to go under Mopac directly next to this contraption. I was looking at it closely since the face was completely covered. I could have sworn I saw the feet move, but it could be the robot making those movements. I need to check it out again when I'm there riding my bike.
Please do. I'll admit, I'm only about 60-65% sure it's a robot or something entirely automated. I've been situated next to it many times at the traffic light and I can't tell. I'm actually tempted to open my window and offer a dollar or something to see if an actual person emerges
Appreciate 0