E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW going down

04-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #67
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Other car companies exist making more driver focused car, let your voice be heard with your wallet then BMW will listen. If they do not you are happier with your purchase any how, win-win
      04-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #68
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
Going down whilst breaking their all time sales record in a month? Right...

As for the 4 banger turbo comments, this engine is faster than our old e92 328 in every single way AND delivers a ton more MPG. I don't see the problem here.
I'm sure the majority of those sales are in China, where the average consumer is blind.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #69
DukeCapitalM3
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

I have a new M5 on the way and I also feel like this will be my last BMW due to the brand dilution (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 series, X1,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7 ) I mean just writing and looking at that many models makes me laugh (to avoid crying.)

A few brand new E-class AMGs around my area look very nice. Benz is not really that exclusive either but good lord they haven't went as crazy as BMW which is turning into some VW type nonsense.

Honestly, I think it will be time to just go all out on a true exotic and have a benz sedan for weekdays in about 3 years when M5 is up. At least will go high end P-car to try and avoid the ///M posers that will only get worse with time...

SIGH
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #70
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
Going down whilst breaking their all time sales record in a month? Right...

As for the 4 banger turbo comments, this engine is faster than our old e92 328 in every single way AND delivers a ton more MPG. I don't see the problem here.
I wont argue there but Audi is beating BMW in lots of comparos now... Steering feedback/feel was one of the criteria. Steering! BMW owned audi in those back then...

sales are good, so yes it is going well for BMW as of now, but if this continues other companies are going to eat up BMW's sales soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 02:01 AM   #71
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
I wont argue there but Audi is beating BMW in lots of comparos now... Steering feedback/feel was one of the criteria. Steering! BMW owned audi in those back then...

sales are good, so yes it is going well for BMW as of now, but if this continues other companies are going to eat up BMW's sales soon.
Its funny how the comparisons with Audis are very much a different story in European comparisons.
      04-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #72
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeCapitalM3 View Post
I have a new M5 on the way and I also feel like this will be my last BMW due to the brand dilution (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 series, X1,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7 ) I mean just writing and looking at that many models makes me laugh (to avoid crying.)

A few brand new E-class AMGs around my area look very nice. Benz is not really that exclusive either but good lord they haven't went as crazy as BMW which is turning into some VW type nonsense.

Honestly, I think it will be time to just go all out on a true exotic and have a benz sedan for weekdays in about 3 years when M5 is up. At least will go high end P-car to try and avoid the ///M posers that will only get worse with time...

SIGH
Proliferation is apparent everywhere. Mercedes are no more exclusive than Audi or Porsche especially when the mini-Macan and medium sized Pajun and the Cayenne Coupe coming to the next generation.

Mercedes have just shown their BMW X6 competitor as a concept. With more to follow.
And you want another brand with exclusivity?
      04-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #73
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:

SIGH
You want something with some exclusivity that beats your M5 in every way? Go test drive a Tesla Model S P85+...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #74
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Bmw is getting Soft and expensive...this use to be MB (soft and expensive) but its now the other way around. That being said...I just bought a 235i lol
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #75
Milban
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 ordered

I think, like it or not, the landscape is changing. I'd love to see BMW be the first to bring that awesome super car electric/gas hybrid tech into our hands for M4 prices. An affordable McLaren P1 type DD would put anyone back in the lead! That, to me would be making the best of our current laws and environmental responsibility. You can flame me now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #76
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
At the end of the day if you don't like it then don't buy it. Hopefully one day BMW will come to realize what they have lost and make up for it (which I don't think will happen).
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #77
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
I am not disliking a certain car. I am just disappointed in BMW, a car that I idolized since 20 years ago getting bested by its rivals. Kind a like seeing your favorite team getting killed out there by someone who used to be killed for so long... Its not like I work for BMW so I cant change anything so only thing I can do is just putting it out there.

My love for BMW is (was) profound... I am sure you know that feeling. It had "soul" like no other cars out there, and it was apparent since my 1988 325i.
My father had his first BMW in 1972, so my time around BMW has been a good few years now, had my first 5-series in 1980.

I personally think BMW has the best range of cars ever, so much to choose from, never been so good for buyers and users from my perspective. My latest F11 535i wagon is the best BMW I've ever owned. Still rewards me as any well specified BMW has done over the years.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #78
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

As a general comment, there is another side to BMW's success, of which often the private enthusiast car buyer is not always too aware. Here in the UK, the opinion of the business/company car sector reflects the current strategy in BMW is pretty much where it should be, with year on year success.

FleetNews, associated fleet managers, and fleet customers clearly see BMW at the top of the pack in the UK. They are not alone, but reflect the opinion of probably the biggest car buying sector in the UK.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2014...-awards/49935/

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #79
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

i really liked BMW in the recent decade.

i think they still make great cars. but there competitors just are making more appealing cars. i probably wont buy another BMW for many years.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #80
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I'm still pissed that Mercedes of all companies standardizes the 6.3 Liter engine across their AMG range, yet BMW can't put a 5.0 V10 in my M3. Such BS.

Oh no! That M3 will be too awesome! Can't have that!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #81
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Ok so how many of us would go tradein our cars if BMW came out with a new version having hydraulic steering? I might .
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #82
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
I'm still pissed that Mercedes of all companies standardizes the 6.3 Liter engine across their AMG range, yet BMW can't put a 5.0 V10 in my M3. Such BS.

Oh no! That M3 will be too awesome! Can't have that!
So you are criticising a car that has not been launched , not driven by media or public because it has a six cylinder turbo?
I have driven the car and I think BMW made the right decision to go with a six cylinder because the real genius can be found throughout the car , not just in one key area.

Besides there is more and enough developments and innovative engineering to distinguish this car from its more accessible and standard sibling.

Sometimes you don't even rate our chances before you get to find out for yourself. I (and others) ask why?
      04-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #83
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

The main problem is that it is not very clear that the F30 would win a comparo with a refreshed e90 LCI2. I mean it looks more modern etc, better infotainment etc, but beside these details, it is somewhat of an inferior car.

I personally believe it's because of the shared platform with the F10, the steel suspension components that have replaced the molded aluminum parts used in e90, and the poor EPS wheel feel tuning. All that colludes to make the handling lazier.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #84
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
You kidding me?

They build a VAN. And they also build this, which is pretty badass:

I don't really have much issue with what BMW is doing. People have a demand for luxury vehicles of all shapes and sizes and BMW wants a piece of that pie. The naming convention may be a little confusing at times though...see: 4 Series and 6 Series Gran Coupes.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #85
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
So you are criticising a car that has not been launched , not driven by media or public because it has a six cylinder turbo?
I have driven the car and I think BMW made the right decision to go with a six cylinder because the real genius can be found throughout the car , not just in one key area.

Besides there is more and enough developments and innovative engineering to distinguish this car from its more accessible and standard sibling.

Sometimes you don't even rate our chances before you get to find out for yourself. I (and others) ask why?
lets get one thing straight here. BMW went with a six turbo because it was the better move for the business and to get a small engine with good MPG. you act like it was a performance move.

they could have made another N/A V8 that would go around a track at the same speed. AND VISE VERSA. the Six made more sense. its cheaper, its smaller, it shares more parts. it fits the role better for a business. while the marketing team can have field day for BMW going back to there roots ( I6 engines). blah blah blah

to answer your question. i think the M4 is going to sell and be a overall great car to own for people who want one. for me as a current E92 m3 owner. i simply cannot go from this high revving V8 that screams and feels nice to the new setup. i thought it was badass to have a BMW to have a radical European V8 that had both a V8 growl,scream and high revving nature. it made the overall package more appealing. even though the car it self wasn't the fastest thing around.

at the end of the day i would rather own a V8 than a 6 cylinder. pure and simple.

although a GTR or GT3 are allways on the table
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #86
DukeCapitalM3
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
You kidding me?

They build a VAN. And they also build this, which is pretty badass:

I don't really have much issue with what BMW is doing. People have a demand for luxury vehicles of all shapes and sizes and BMW wants a piece of that pie. The naming convention may be a little confusing at times though...see: 4 Series and 6 Series Gran Coupes.
hAhahaa that's actually pretty awesome! I hear ya on the van, don't get me wrong I'm just a little frustrated with all these low end models they are making and destroying the M brand. Oh well, plenty of options out there. still along for the ride for now
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #87
snipe
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
at the end of the day i would rather own a V8 than a 6 cylinder. pure and simple.
BMW have six cylinders since 1919. I'm always disappointed when I see, hear or drive a BMW with a V8. It's just wrong, like a Maserati diesel is wrong. Right engine at a wrong place.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #88
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe View Post
BMW have six cylinders since 1919. I'm always disappointed when I see, hear or drive a BMW with a V8. It's just wrong, like a Maserati diesel is wrong. Right engine at a wrong place.
x2, I mean people were outraged when they put an E90 in a V8 "ONLY INLINE SIXES!" people screamed.

And when BMW decided to turbocharge their engines? BLASPHEMY! BMW's aren't supposed to used forced induction! It's a "low-tech" way to make power!

Things change and while these things are admittedly unusual if you're aware of the history of the brand, I'm all for it if I don't have to sacrifice power. I'm not one to make a big deal out of MPG's but I'd be remiss if I said I didn't like the mileage increase in going from an Infiniti to a BMW.
Appreciate 0