E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > So I have MRSA...

12-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

So I have MRSA...

...and it fucking sucks.
      12-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Wat?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I didn't get to mail my secret santa gift yet. Blacklist for me
      12-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Wow; I hope you get better! Where you hospitalized or had surgery recently?
      12-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
MRSA Pneumonia

Disease known as MRSA pneumonia is a respiratory type of disease that frequently follows a bout of the flu and may in short time become fatal for patient. Many medicines (antibiotics) are not useful to eliminate this germ. Recognizing symptoms and seeking professional medical attention immediately will significantly increase chance of recovery and improve possibility of avoid fatal consequences.

Most common symptoms of MRSA pneumonia are next:

1. Sore throat - pain of affected person can be so serious that a patient can not speak without extreme pain.
2. Cough - is one of the most common symptoms of MRSA pneumonia and Staph pneumonia .This case of cough is often wet and related by phlegm production. Also, blood can be found in the phlegm.
3. Shortness of breath.
4. Headache - in most cases associated with flu, not necessarily pneumonia. In case that patient has breathing difficulties, has not a sore throat a also has a headache it is possible that is this type of disease developed and immediate medical attention is strongly advised.
5. Fever - is connected with many diseases, so as with MRSA pneumonia type.
6. Chills - same as fever.

Disease known as MRSA pneumonia can be defined through an acute shortness of breath, fever and chills. After MRSA gets into the organic structure, this germ secretes toxins that eat lung tissue. In that way, MRSA advances rapidly and many times infects young or those in crowded environments (medical facilities). MRSA pneumonia is not so old term in diagnosis procedure. As one of prevention measures a flu injection is advised. Also, regular hygiene and frequent hand washing is recommended, particularly if you are working or stay in medical facilities or going to the gym and similar physical activities is recommended. This type of disease is very dangerous and contagious – as MRSA is. Prevention and protection should considered very seriously, if you have contact with infected person wearing gloves, gowns and mask is highly advised.

Damn Bro, hope you get better. This sounds serious.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Hope you feel well.

No big deal about the ss. Send it when your well
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #7
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I didn't get to mail my secret santa gift yet. Blacklist for me
dude, fuck the SS, if you are my SS, dont even worry about the gift. I am serious, sending a gift to someone right now should be the last thing on your mind.

I wish you the best of luck and full recovery !
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

One of my ex'es worked at a Hospital and I got Staff and MARSA a few times from that hoe...I think

I had prob 4 staff infections over the course 6 month period and a few times the doctor was unsure if it was marsa. One time I got a staff infection on my face and my whole face/neck started swelling and progressed to the point it was metabolizing with my blood and I started feeling really sick. I was immediately put on the strongest antibiotic available and the doctor forced me to be admitted tot he hospital. No fun.

But the smaller ones that where about the size of my knee down to my ankle I would sit in my bathtub with the water running on as hot as I could stand with a rag with slight compression on it. It made it feel so much better and drew out a lot of nasty puss and stuff. This is gross but the most gratifying part is when all of the puss comes out and your left with a hole in your skin but you know it's over.

Current: Porsche Cayman S

Last edited by RedBarron; 12-09-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

don't die dude. that's some serious shit.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Sorry to hear that dude. Nothing like a bit of cheerful news right before the holidays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Oh man...are they sure it's MRSA and not just staph? Man...I got a horrible staph infection from a mountain bike crash a year ago. My wife said it stunk, but I couldn't tell. Don't hold back in treatment- do as strong as you can as soon as you can.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
is it just a skin infection or something worse? These multi-drug resistant bacterial are now commonly community aquired...

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
is it just a skin infection or something worse? These multi-drug resistant bacterial are now commonly community aquired...
It is also acquired from medical staff too lazy to wash their hands.

Quote:
Wash up, Doc

To help prevent hospital infections, the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that doctors or nurses should wash their hands (or use alcohol gel) in front of you when they enter your room, and if they don't, you should remind them.

Many hospitals have campaigns to encourage patients to speak up in that way, so don't be shy—your safety is at stake. We asked doctors, nurses, and others for suggestions on what to say about hospital hand washing. A few of our favorites:

"A patient could state, 'I'm a little concerned about the high rates of hospital infections these days. Would you mind washing your hands one more time before we proceed with care?'"
—Laura Pike, R.N., San Diego
http://www.consumerreports.org/healt...ash-up-doc.htm
      12-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Oh man...are they sure it's MRSA and not just staph? Man...I got a horrible staph infection from a mountain bike crash a year ago. My wife said it stunk, but I couldn't tell. Don't hold back in treatment- do as strong as you can as soon as you can.

I got injured from mountain biking and it started getting infected, iodine was doing crap so I found this stuff called hibiclens and it cleared it up, so now it's always part of my first aid kit. It also kills staph and MRSA supposedly.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5071135_hibiclens-soap.html

http://www.amazon.com/Molnlycke-Hibi.../dp/B000GCLU42
      12-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
carve
Major
Rep

Thanks for the tip. Antibiotics are losing their usefullness. We need to tear down FDA roadblocks preventing research into phage treatment. I also heard a TED talk a while back about certain chemicals that bacteria use to, in a way, "communicate", that can make it so they don't divide. It doesn't kill them directly- it just stops them from reproducing and they die on their own.

I hear ya on hospital staff. When I went in for my infection (I didn't know it was an infection yet), I was very carefully trying to get a blood pressure cuff up past an oozing wound without touching it (it was a very minor abrasion that had become infected from one of the more serious abrasions). The nurse thought I was taking too long so drug the damn cuff straight through the puss without bothering to see why I was being so careful.

Last edited by carve; 12-12-2011 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
driersheets
Banned
Rep

get better dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
MRSA Pneumonia

Disease known as MRSA pneumonia is a respiratory type of disease that frequently follows a bout of the flu and may in short time become fatal for patient. Many medicines (antibiotics) are not useful to eliminate this germ. Recognizing symptoms and seeking professional medical attention immediately will significantly increase chance of recovery and improve possibility of avoid fatal consequences.

1. Sore throat - pain of affected person can be so serious that a patient can not speak without extreme pain.
2. Cough - is one of the most common symptoms of MRSA pneumonia and Staph pneumonia .This case of cough is often wet and related by phlegm production. Also, blood can be found in the phlegm.
3. Shortness of breath.
4. Headache - in most cases associated with flu, not necessarily pneumonia. In case that patient has breathing difficulties, has not a sore throat a also has a headache it is possible that is this type of disease developed and immediate medical attention is strongly advised.

Disease known as MRSA pneumonia can be defined through an acute shortness of breath, fever and chills. After MRSA gets into the organic structure, this germ secretes toxins that eat lung tissue. In that way, MRSA advances rapidly and many times infects young or those in crowded environments (medical facilities). MRSA pneumonia is not so old term in diagnosis procedure. As one of prevention measures a flu injection is advised. Also, regular hygiene and frequent hand washing is recommended, particularly if you are working or stay in medical facilities or going to the gym and similar physical activities is recommended. This type of disease is very dangerous and contagious – as MRSA is. Prevention and protection should considered very seriously, if you have contact with infected person wearing gloves, gowns and mask is highly advised.

i have stomach flu right now and have all those symptoms now i'm scared i might have MRSA too..

op hope you feel better, keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
MRSA Pneumonia

3. Shortness of breath.

this is a little misleading. i'm no doctor, but MRSA is a type of highly contagious and drug resistant staph infection, not onset pneumonia. i'm sure one is susceptible to pneumonia, but MRSA at it's core is a staph infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
i have stomach flu right now and have all those symptoms now i'm scared i might have MRSA too..

op hope you feel better, keep us posted
read above post.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

TED has some great stuff.

Not surprised and I'm sure those cuffs are fully contaminated with all sorts of pathogens.

It's a huge problem worldwide problem, they are now using a video system to increase hand washing among medical staff.

Quote:
When cameras are watching, more doctors wash up

Reuters Health) - A new study found that more doctors and nurses washed their hands when video cameras were installed in every room in their unit and the staff was continuously informed about rates of hand-washing compliance.

While the hand-washing turnaround was "pretty amazing," one of the study's authors said, it's unclear whether the measure helped achieve the ultimate goal -- preventing infection transmission in the hospital -- and whether it would be cost-effective in other settings.

"Hand washing is an integral part of infection control," said Dr. Bruce Farber, from North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York. But, "rates of hand washing among health care workers are less than perfect."

Cameras and timely feedback seem to be a strategy that can address that, he told Reuters Health. "It's certainly one tool that can be used. I certainly don't think it's ever going to be used by everyone, everywhere."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AT2W520111130
      12-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
driersheets
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
this is a little misleading. i'm no doctor, but MRSA is a type of highly contagious and drug resistant staph infection, not onset pneumonia. i'm sure one is susceptible to pneumonia, but MRSA at it's core is a staph infection.
this
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #21
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post

It's a staph infection that can cause a very deadly type of pneumonia.

Quote:
Pneumonia Caused By Community-Acquired MRSA: An Emerging And Deadly Threat, Usually Preceded By Flu

As community-acquired infections due to meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) increase, so lethal cases of CA-MRSA pneumonia are also on the rise. A paper in the June edition of looks at the emerging and deadly threat of community-acquired necrotising pneumonia due to CA-MRSA. CA-MRSA pneumonia appears to occur most commonly following an influenza-like illness and may have special relevance given the emergence of H1N1 influenza.

Dr Alicia Hidron, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA, and colleagues say that many of the published cases of community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia report a preceding influenza-like illness, and generally affect young and previously healthy patients. They analyse two recent cases from the USA in which were caused by the specific MRSA strain USA300 which is the most common genotype of CA-MRSA causing infections in the US.

The authors say: "CA-MRSA infections are no longer restricted to certain risk groups or to the geographic areas where outbreaks first occurred. They now occur widely both in the community as well as health care facilities, and have been reported in nearly every continent…the spectrum of disease caused by CA-MRSA occurs worldwide and primarily encompasses skin and soft-tissue infections...[however] severe infections such as necrotising pneumonia and bacteraemia have also been reported." They add that, in the USA, 6% of CA-MRSA infections cause serious invasive disease. Clinical presentation of CA-MRSA pneumonia usually features high fever and low blood pressure with rapid progression to septic shock and an urgent requirement for mechanical ventilation. Many reports from the USA and Europe have noted mortalities greater than 50%.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/151414.php
      12-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Yea, MRSA is not a joke. I'd assume that you were admitted to the hospital... Get well, soon!

I was diagnosed of MRSA, ARDS, and leukemia; while being in a coma. Not a great news year.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=312
Appreciate 0