E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I think i just got scammed by a e90post user?

01-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
The Dez
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB E93 M3

Quote:
If the seller sent a message saying he would send the item if the buyer sent him the money through Paypal, then completely ignored the buyer after receiving the money, the seller has committed felony mail fraud.

The whole gifting through Paypal has no consequence, it just means Paypal have no obligation to help.
Ill be honest with you i will not make the same mistake. I honestly did not know you cannot fight/claim a gift option in paypal. *DAMN FINE PRINT!* lol. Well either way i will get my money back and probably more when i serve him.

Quote:
O RLY?

Well what if seller says that he never received money for that particular item but instead received some sort of gift...? Let's remember there is no mention of product being sold when gifting. I think there is a lot of tricky issues here.
I always put a message in the bottom on what item im buying. I have a transcript on the whole deal going down in my inbox here. As for the money part i can send a screen shot or my paypal account when the money went through to his account.

Quote:
Only gift if the seller is trustworthy.
1 iTrader and a couple hundred posts don't qualify.

But when I got my BBK, I paid a member on here half using my CC as a goods payment, and the other half as a gift (about $2000).
But he was a known member with enough iTrader and post counts.

Don't send a gift unless you trust the seller

Small claims will be hard, but it's worth doing.

Good luck
Thanks for the heads up, will still file the out of state small claims and wont send as gift anymore.

To all E90 who replied thank you for all the input good or bad. I appreciate all the concern.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
O RLY?

Well what if seller says that he never received money for that particular item but instead received some sort of gift...? Let's remember there is no mention of product being sold when gifting. I think there is a lot of tricky issues here.
Yes RLY!!

If the buyer has an email from the seller saying I will sell you this item shipped for $xxx.xx and the buyer paypals the seller exactly $xxx.xx then its pretty much a given what the money was for.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
If its a gift paypal will not help you.

Never use gift if you do not know who the seller is.
sadbuttrue

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0