E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > So I have MRSA...

12-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #45
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm out of the hospital and am popping antibiotics like candy, trying to resist picking at the lesions. Looks like I'll be fine but meanwhile I've lost a good deal of weight and am flat out exhausted (example: fell asleep while fapping).

This was one of the scariest ordeals I've been through and it helped put things into perspective for me. I honestly hope no one has to go through this but having strong family support helped make things a bit easier.
      12-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #46
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Do not get that into your ears, seriously.
I saw that warning on bottle, thanks.
      12-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #47
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Thanks for the support everyone. I'm out of the hospital and am popping antibiotics like candy, trying to resist picking at the lesions. Looks like I'll be fine but meanwhile I've lost a good deal of weight and am flat out exhausted (example: fell asleep while fapping).

This was one of the scariest ordeals I've been through and it helped put things into perspective for me. I honestly hope no one has to go through this but having strong family support helped make things a bit easier.

AWESOME!
Congrats man!

Where did you have it?
      12-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #48
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
AWESOME!
Congrats man!

Where did you have it?
My hamstring where I had an open cut I was unaware of. Pretty sure I picked it up at the gym where the cut touched a bunch of different machine seats/benches.
      12-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #49
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My hamstring where I had an open cut I was unaware of. Pretty sure I picked it up at the gym where the cut touched a bunch of different machine seats/benches.
So it all started with a minor cut?
      12-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #50
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks to be so
      12-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #51
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Let's pray for a fast recovery.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #52
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
meanwhile I've lost a good deal of weight and am flat out exhausted (example: fell asleep while fapping).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #53
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
If you are a carrier of MRSA it is much harder to get rid of than just washing hands.

Patient MRSA decolonisation instructions

http://www.asid.net.au/hicsigwiki/in...n_instructions
Reads like paranoia, there's nothing there that qualifies the risk of having such bacteria on your body in the first place. If you are healthy with no other risk factors risk is close to nil. After those months of "decolonization" the next time someone sneezes on you it's likely you'll have to start again if you want to keep yourself bacteria free...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #54
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:

Glad to hear it man! I had a tiny little cut on my bicep. 24 hours later it was the size of a dime and 24 hours after that the size of a quarter. It happens so quickly. You are smart that you sought out medical attention before it got even more serious.

Hope you have a fast recovery!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Reads like paranoia, there's nothing there that qualifies the risk of having such bacteria on your body in the first place. If you are healthy with no other risk factors risk is close to nil. After those months of "decolonization" the next time someone sneezes on you it's likely you'll have to start again if you want to keep yourself bacteria free...
+1

ITT: a lot of people freaking out over it and stirring paranoia, when it's not THAT big of a deal.

I know a few people personally that had it. While it can be serious, it is usually very treatable. You'd probably be shocked to know that most people carry MRSA somewhere on their body most of the time... It's opportunistic in the sense that if it has the chance to enter an open wound in someone who's immune system is weakened from something else (not just AIDS, but anything really), it can cause a more serious infection.

For example, my dad had a growth in his nasal cavity. He had it for quite a while and it hurt him pretty bad. After a while he got it checked out, and it turned out to be MRSA. The doctor told him because he uses that nasal spray to clear his nose up so much, it weakened the immune response in his nose and MRSA is notorious for hiding out in people's noses. It took advantage of this and infected the skin inside his nose. After a month of antibiotics he's fine. No big deal...

Anyway OP, glad you're doing better!
      12-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #56
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Month of Antibiotics is a big deal... What you fail to realize is most people are stubborn and don't go to the doctor when they need to. So the paranoia you think this thread is creating is in actuality helping people understand staph/MRSA is not something to take lightly and requires medical attention. The earlier the better.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #57
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Month of Antibiotics is a big deal... What you fail to realize is most people are stubborn and don't go to the doctor when they need to. So the paranoia you think this thread is creating is in actuality helping people understand staph/MRSA is not something to take lightly and requires medical attention. The earlier the better.
+1

When I was checked in, I was told by more than one doctor that the reason I wasn't on life support is that I came in so early compared to others who "think they might have it... but will wait and see."
      12-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #58
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
+1

When I was checked in, I was told by more than one doctor that the reason I wasn't on life support is that I came in so early compared to others who "think they might have it... but will wait and see."

Were you already in the hospital when you started this thread?
      12-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #59
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I agree there is a point when it comes time to see a doctor, but not every single thing constitutes an emergency. People blow things way out of proportion, and this thread is a perfect example of why things like MRSA exist in the first place. People that use antibiotics from seeing doctors and shit all the time are the reason this exists.

If people were just healthier in general their immune systems would be able to fight off everyday bacteria like MRSA. That is too much to ask though. Sniffles come, better get penicillin.
      12-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #60
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Carriers are who spread it around in the hospitals and community, it's harder to treat than just washing your hands if you already have it was the point.
      12-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #61
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Month of Antibiotics is a big deal...
IMHO, no it's really not a big deal. Being prescribed a month of antibiotics and only taking them for 3 weeks is a big deal and the cause of MSRA in the first place. The lack of adherence, persistence and compliance with drug regimens is a HUGE issue in America (less so in other modernized nations), and is arguably the sole contributor in causing drug resistant bugs.

Last edited by matthewk; 12-15-2011 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #62
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Were you already in the hospital when you started this thread?
      12-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #63
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
am flat out exhausted (example: fell asleep while fapping).

Fall asleep during fapage all time time.. thought that was normal

Glad you're feeling a bit better man.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #64
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
IMHO, no it's really not a big deal. Being prescribed a month of antibiotics and only taking them for 3 weeks is a big deal and the cause of MSRA in the first place. The lack of adherence, persistence and compliance with drug regimens is a HUGE issue in America (less so in other modernized nations), and is arguably the sole contributor in causing drug resistant bugs.
I just checked my User CP to see how you are from the MRSA. I agree with you about taking antibiotics for a month isnt bad. I've been on loads of antibiotics for 2 years now, but its just the deal that I'm working with.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #65
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I think you should read up on how MRSA is now a common community-acquired pathogen. Now if we were talking about VRSA or VRE...

PS- you know what else kills MRSA? Soap. Alcohol wipes. etc. So, please stop spewing out random, ill-informed advice. Yes, MRSA is a serious infection, but it is definitely treatable and is not necessarily deadly. It's a lot more common than you think.
Thanks you. M3Bahn was surprised you can get this from a "minor cut." Which basically tells us he doesn't now shit about MRSA. Only what he's read on from Google/Wiki.

Quote:

Quote:
Carriers are who spread it around in the hospitals and community, it's harder to treat than just washing your hands if you already have it was the point.
Look up Community Acquired MRSA or CA-MRSA and maybe you'll realize NOT ALL MRSA is from healthcare personnel. MOST of it is from the community now.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0