E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What the hell is happening to our nation?

04-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #23
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
I was watching Comedy CEntral and this one guy said "we should build like a wall all around the United States and hire all the club bouncers to guard it. Nobody takes their job more seriously than club bouncers". It was funny but has some truth to it. It's crazy how people from other countries are dying to come over here while all the mexicans have to do is cross the border. I hate getting involved in politics because topics like these always stir up heated arguments.
We should build a wall with machine gun turrets, just for Mexico.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #24
GG_The_Fly
U2Fanatic
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi Jet Black

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Okay, that was my bad. A specialized group to knock out a specific group of people in this country. Wait, that's just like the SS...

I wasn't serious about killing people in general, sorry about that though.
I was just giving you a hard time. . .
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #25
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_The_Fly
I was just giving you a hard time. . .
Normally, I wouldn't care, but last week I watched like five WWII/Holocaust movies.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #26
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
This is the work of CHAOS. Where's Maxwell Smart when you need him?
Attached Images

Last edited by ksfrogman; 04-29-2006 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #27
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF BMW
illegal immigrants are a huge part of this economy, bigger than legal immigrants
by not paying taxes.......................
      04-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #28
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF BMW
illegal immigrants are a huge part of this economy, bigger than legal immigrants

this is obviously a sarcastic post. cuz i am sure this poster realizes how much of an idiotic statement that would be if it he meant it as true.

I am all for LEGAL immigration. I am all for IMMIGRANT rights. Thats why I am against ILLEGAL immigration.

Next time you say "allow illegal immigrants in" think of all the LEGAL immigrants you are putting into jeapordy by allowing illegals to take their jobs.
      04-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #29
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
This whole thread makes me mad! :mad:

1. The attitude towards immigration of some members here is simply unacceptable! If I would make statements like shim did in my country, I would never see daylight again!

2. You complain about 50 bucks for a full tank of gas??? Simply ridiculous. You pay $ 105 over here, and germany is not the most expensive in europe!

:mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #30
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Does it make anyone else mad that when you call Cingular or Verizon, they've got that "Press 2 for Espanol"? Or when you happen to be shopping for a birthday card and you suddenly find yourself in the spanish aisle where all the greeting cards (and everything in the aisle) is in spanish? They've even got street signs in town saying "Do Not Enter" and "One Way" in Spanish!

I had 5 semesters of German in high school. I've got an Austrian heritage. No one catered to my family when they immigrated here 100 years ago. If anything, it seems like English is being taken away from me. What about other immigrants here that still speak their foreign tongue? I've got a Romanian friend that moved here to the US in 1993. He speaks perfect English. And I don't see anyone catering to his language. That really burns me up. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #31
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Does it make anyone else mad that when you call Cingular or Verizon, they've got that "Press 2 for Espanol"? Or when you happen to be shopping for a birthday card and you suddenly find yourself in the spanish aisle where all the greeting cards (and everything in the aisle) is in spanish? They've even got street signs in town saying "Do Not Enter" and "One Way" in Spanish!

I had 5 semesters of German in high school. I've got an Austrian heritage. No one catered to my family when they immigrated here 100 years ago. If anything, it seems like English is being taken away from me. What about other immigrants here that still speak their foreign tongue? I've got a Romanian friend that moved here to the US in 1993. He speaks perfect English. And I don't see anyone catering to his language. That really burns me up. :mad:

exactly. Why bother having a nation if we aren't going to recognize ourselves as being American and instead recognize ourselves as a clusterfuck of other nations.

I mean do these ppl think before they come up with these stupid ideas? Whats next? The national anthem is over 60 languages and dialects? Take a lesson from the Bible, when God changed the languages of the people at the Tower of Babel, it caused them to de-centralize and go their own way eventually weakening the country.
      04-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #32
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

I mean, don't get me wrong--these big businesses are smart. They're trying to get their mits on a previously unrecognized market. They see a huge majority of their business is hispanic, so they now they really want to cash in on it. Even small businesses are getting into that game now.

But it isn't smart. We are "United States". All 50 states value our heritage, our history, and our LANGUAGE.

These big companies aren't making us united--they are separating us in more ways than they realize, I think. They're telling these people, don't worry about learning the language and fitting in with everyone else, because we'll cater to you in everyway possible because we like your money.

This is all very unfortunate for the immigrants because they're missing out on being a part of this country. I guess you could say they're apart from it.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #33
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183

Yea i agree with you. My family migrated here from Sicily, and they didnt get traffic signs and anthems in italian. I just think that if your gonna cater to one nationality, might as well do it for all of them. Its not fair. They need to learn english and stop looking for an easy way out.
      04-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #34
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep

i like shim cause he talks about mass homicide. of humans. makes this forum 1000 times more entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #35
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
I'll tell you what's happening my friend. Our nation is on an irreversable, down-hill spiral. We have no borders, and a country without borders is not a country. Quite simply, our nation is For Sale, and has been for many years. It is just now becoming clear how total screwed we really are. What goes up, (and the United States has been up for over 50 years), must come down. In another 50 years we will be a third-world country.

Well done, CMD!!!
      04-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #36
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
This whole thread makes me mad! :mad:

1. The attitude towards immigration of some members here is simply unacceptable! If I would make statements like shim did in my country, I would never see daylight again!

2. You complain about 50 bucks for a full tank of gas??? Simply ridiculous. You pay $ 105 over here, and germany is not the most expensive in europe!

:mad:
I have nothing against immigrants, my parents were immigrants, but they were LEGAL immigrants.

The killing spree post was a little too much, but something drastic has to be done. I am serious about the wall with the machine gun turrets though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #37
NaTuReB0Y