E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > New nissan Altima Coupe resembles G37

07-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #23
BIGGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
why in the world would anyone buy an altima coupe? You'd have to be smoking something potent to pass up the rx8 for this crap. I wouldn't even touch a g37...imho the rx8 is a much better driver's car.
Well, my g/f would buy one. Took it for a test spin last Friday and it’s a very nice ride. What kind of messed up logic do you have exactly? I’m sure there are plenty of Lamborghini or Ferrari owners out there that would look down at you and say “huh? Why the hell would anyone buy a POS 335i?” Time to come down from the awfully tall pedestal.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #24
BIGGY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
Ahh yes people stare and lust after a BMW Std 3 (328). I think most set their sights a alot higher.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #25
renasis
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
I do! the next 370z is one hell of a car! they've already shaved a lot of fat off the car, and will be putting 320hp to the wheels
320 to the wheels?!??! That would be a nice car to play with if its true
      07-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Well, today we were getting some quotes on collision repair costs for a friend's 350z while he was at work, and as we were leaving a Nissan dealer, I caught a glimpse of an Altima coupe. My first thoughts were: has this even come out yet? So I turned around and asked the CA when they got these. He said only a few days ago, and that they were given a handful (w/o knowing exactly how they would be equipped)...he seemed really anxious...a little nervous even.

I took a little walk around the car and was actually quite impressed with the looks of the car. It was very sleek looking; it'd look great in black. There was some pin striping along the shoulder line of the car which was a bit of a detraction imo.

I asked if I could give the car a little test drive seeing as today was a rather quiet day. He said sure, and immediately started babbling on about the keyless ignition. I had trouble finding a comfortable driving position. The seat just didn't go low enough for me (I'm 5'11" fwiw). The steering wheel was nice, but a bit on the large side, not in thickness but in diameter. The controls were easy to use, and the materials were adequate given the budget.

Now, focusing on the driving mechanics of the coupe: they just didn't do it for me. The steering was way too light for me, yet it provided some adequate road feel. The seating position continued to be a little bothersome, but not to the point of sheer annoyance. The gas pedal was incredibly touchy and took quite a bit of getting used to to make slow speed maneuvers require a little less effort. Same went to the brake pedal. The travel wasn't bad, but the resistance fluctuated and made it hard to come to a smooth stop, regardless of how long I took. I didn't get a chance to really see how it pulled under WOT though, which was a bit of a bummer. It was the first time I actually forgot to gun a car and see what it had during a test drive.

Interior space wasn't bad for a coupe, and the backseats felt usable. All-in-all I'd say you're getting your money's worth considering its price range.

Will it chip into Infiniti's G sales? From my impressions, sure, but not alot. The only major resemblance of the two is the exterior appearance. Other than that there's just too much dividing the characters of these cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
is there such a car coming?
yah, 09 Z will have 320 rwhp from the 3.7 liter engine, and will be 200-400 lbs lighter
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #28
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renasis View Post
320 to the wheels?!??! That would be a nice car to play with if its true
that's what i read on like edmunds or one of these sites. (also, dont forget the disclaimer in my sig)
anyway, let's sit back and see if they can pull it off without adding 1500 lbs to the car

EDIT: okay, let's forget the 320 rwhp for now. i couldnt find the link to back-up my claim, so let's treat it as speculations for now. here's a test mule tho http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/1478...370Z_Spy_Video
Appreciate 0