E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Pontiac G8

07-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #23
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

Well considering that Holden is also where GM sourced the GTO (which didn't do all that well here) I'm a little surprised. I think it's a good looking car and GM certainly doesn't have a competitive car in that class but the GTO's are problematic so I would expect the same of the upcoming G8.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryck View Post
Well considering that Holden is also where GM sourced the GTO (which didn't do all that well here) I'm a little surprised. I think it's a good looking car and GM certainly doesn't have a competitive car in that class but the GTO's are problematic so I would expect the same of the upcoming G8.
I wouldn't expect the g8 to be problematic at all. First reason is that the car has been out for year in Australia already and there were minor issues like battery faults but all small things were fixed and made sure that for 2008 the G8's will be problem free. I mean look at the 335's issues oil cooler prob and fuel pump these are serious problems (UK member nearly got killed due to faulty fuel pump). The Commodore SS-V (G8) has been pretty much a very reliable muscle car here and i would say its going to be better for you guys in the states because your getting the G8 a year late.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #25
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

Wasn't the GTO out over there for a couple years as the Holden Monaro prior to coming to the states? The GTO's seem to have a plethora of little issues...nothing major but irrititating things. As for the 335's issues...they aren't unexpected, I own an 03 M3 as well and they have been haunted by the infamous over-hyped rod bearing issue. My M3 and my 335 have been trouble free...my M3 had the rod bearings replaced under the voluntary recall that BMW did but I have my rod bearings and they are flawless...no signs of wear at all. I'm not expecting new cars to be trouble free I'm just saying that the 'Big 3' here in the states are all having some issues and any little thing can have a big impact right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #26
gtb75
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06

I know that my 2004 GTO has been trouble free... I owned it for a year (replaced it with my Z06) and then sold it to a friend who still owns it. Neither of us have had any issues with it. As others have stated, the car will have been around for over a year (as the Holden Commodore) before we see it in the states, so I'm guessing it'll be fine. I wouldn't have any more reservations about buying a G8 than I would an E90 M3 (which I'm strongly considering)...

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon
Brilliant Silver / Tweed M5 - 229AWHP / 260AWTQ
Appreciate 0