E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf ADV.1 SR Auto SLR wtf

05-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #23
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Don't really care, it's an opinion... A lot of people on these forums like basic looking wheels but I have seen the same basic set of no lip, concave plastic looking wheels on exotic after exotic... There is no detail and it has become boring... Its cool that they they are light but it would be nice to see the difference in performance just from a set of wheels...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Holy jesus your friend ruined a perfectly good car.

Not to mention his fitment sucks.
Its the photo if it was shot with a real camera or at a different angle it would be a different outcome here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
You are implying basic wheels are bad. ADV makes classy wheels that compliment the car. What you posted is an example of generic 3 piece wheels made for an Escalade that are aesthetically disgusting. (IMO)
I think it fits the SLR nice....
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by NewYearsBoy; 05-13-2011 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #25
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Don't really care, it's an opinion... A lot of people on these forums like basic looking wheels but I have seen the same basic set of no lip, concave plastic looking wheels on exotic after exotic... There is no detail and it has become boring... Its cool that they they are light but it would be nice to see the difference in performance just from a set of wheels...
Being visually interesting is different than being grotesque and overdone. Those wheels distract your eyes from the car itself. They should compliment it instead.

I prefer a good mix of traditional wheel design mixed with modern trendy attributes like heavy concavity and a deep lip. Google 360Forged to see what should be going on an SLR (imo).
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Being visually interesting is different than being grotesque and overdone. Those wheels distract your eyes from the car itself. They should compliment it instead.

I prefer a good mix of traditional wheel design mixed with modern trendy attributes like heavy concavity and a deep lip. Google 360Forged to see what should be going on an SLR (imo).
I googled it and I like those wheels.. I really like GFG...

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
scott@bmwhn
Major
Rep
Drives: Msport X3

I like these wheels more on the SLR than the other vehicles I've seen them on.

Quote:
Its cool that they they are light but it would be nice to see the difference in performance just from a set of wheels...
I apologize if I misread but...wheels are unsprung weight and reducing 1lb of unsprung weight can be equivalent to up to 6lbs of sprung weight. Reduce your wheels weight by 5lbs a piece and you could save an equivalent of 120lbs. Not to mention improvements in braking, acceleration, and steering feel (as unoticable as they maybe).

-Scott

Previous: 20' X3 M40i, 19' 740i Msport, 17' 430i GC, 15' Msport X3 28i, 15' Sportline X1 28i, 13' Msport 328i, 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i

Last edited by scott@bmwhn; 05-18-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #28
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
I like these wheels more on the SLR than the other vehicles I've seen them on.

Quote:
Its cool that they they are light but it would be nice to see the difference in performance just from a set of wheels...
I apologize if I misread but...wheels are unsprung weight and reducing 1lb of unsprung weight can be equivalent to up to 6lbs of sprung weight. Reduce your wheels weight by 5lbs a piece and you could save an equivalent of 120lbs. Not to mention improvements in braking, acceleration, and steering feel (as unoticable as they maybe).

-Scott

back on topic..I like these wheels on the SLR better than the other vehicles I've seen them on.
That's what I wanted to know.. Hey your photo shoots look great..

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #29
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Quote:
Hey I just wanted to show a pic of my friends SLR... The pic was from my old phone.. But ADV.1 you guys make some really basic wheels... You throw them on some nice cars but those wheels look like they belong on a tricycle... Just my opinion..

Serious? ADV wheels FTW. You homie's ride needs to be lowered first. His car looks like it came out from a rap video.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #30
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapesta206 View Post
Quote:
Hey I just wanted to show a pic of my friends SLR... The pic was from my old phone.. But ADV.1 you guys make some really basic wheels... You throw them on some nice cars but those wheels look like they belong on a tricycle... Just my opinion..

Serious? ADV wheels FTW. You homie's ride needs to be lowered first. His car looks like it came out from a rap video.
Haha.. Ok when you buy a SLR u can lower it... I have seen ghetto cars but this SLR is flashy..

I find it funny that you are saying his car came out of a rap video.. When u are calling someone a "homie"...

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 01:54 AM   #31
Evan_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

[QUOTE=ADV.1 Matt;9583820]no words, just win.

Less is more, beautiful
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #32
Evan_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
no words, just win.

Less is more, beautiful