E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Beautiful San Diego!

04-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #45
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
First of all...Chula vista, bonita, etc...has ALWAYS been ghetto!! Where have you been?? Its just that the middle class in the past, did not need to move so far south because they could afford real estate further north. But now...they need to expand into the DEVELOPED areas due to market values of homes...and all of a sudden the area looks ghetto to the middle class...c'on, give me a break.

Second...yeah there are a lot a Mexicans...many legal and many illegal. Why do you see so many...cuz its right across the freaking border to mexico. If you were on the east coast..you would say..lots of Cubas, Puerto Ricans, etc. What I do not get is....everyone says..this is AMERICA, learn english...or go back to mexico. WTF??? CALIFORNIA WAS MEXICO before the US took over the land and started shipping people back to mexico on trains. Ever wonder why all of the names cities in this state are in SPANISH (yes, I know Spain was involved there, but it was established as Mexico)...geez.

Lastly...yes, many of the Latinos in SD are poor. Many are able to utilize some public services. But trust me...they do not suck as much money out of the system as you would like to believe. Many work way below minimum wage, for hours that only existed back during the Depression, at multiple jobs! When was the last time you saw a Mexican sitting next to a freeway entrance with a sign saying "homeless/veteran/ whatever...please give me money cuz I am too lazy to clean houses/pick oranges, sell fruit or flowers."

Open your eyes please.
Miguel- i agree with ur last statement bout mexicans being hard workers, hell ya they are. You def dont see em holding a sign on the side of the road saying "will work for beer". And yes america wasnt english, it was conquered..yadda yadda, but it just seems as if the mexican govt is hypocritcal. My dad was watching CNN the other day and they were talkin bout how The mexican govt is treating illegals like dirt. Basically they wont give them any kind of help nor medical..but when the illegals come here they want this and that and demand equality.
      04-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #46
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Imperial - I live at Mirada, next to the Mormon Temple. Before Mirada, I lived at La Regencia - a couple cars got stolen there (they installed new cameras and had night patrols as a result from complaints). Before that, I lived at Costa Verde - the huge, multifloored complexes with huge, underground garages. About a car a month was stolen. So many people got their cars stolen they actually formed a group to file a class action suit against CV. Then CV installed remote-controlled gates. Cars were still stolen. My friend got her Ford Explorer stolen and my friend got his car stereo/woofer/amp stolen TWICE. My g/f got her Prelude stereo jacked and they tried to steal the car TWICE. They couldn't, because I knew about this precarious environment ahead of time and took out a few fuses under the hood so that the starter won't even work.

Also at CV, my place was burglarized - some thieves broke into a window and stole a bunch of stuff from both my roomates (I was actually asleep, locked in my own room the whole time).

Even La Jolla is slowly succumbing to excessive crime.
      04-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #47
Imperial
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Costa Verde garages were CRAP. The gates were never locked let alone closed!. My close friend lived there for a while and I could easily get in and out with no problem, which always unsettled me. The doors were practically paper, too. The locks were JOKES. I was like "that's your front door? and THAT'S the lock?" No bueno. I used to live in Valentia over in Renaissance, which is where that guy I know had his car stolen. Twice we got locked out and both times we broke in with little to no difficulty. That made us feel awesome about our place, too...

are you a UCSD student?
      04-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #48
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

heres an interesting letter i found on a different forum. raised lots of heated debate over there. its interesting, if not entertaining. but id like to play my swtiz. card and stay neutral. i agree theres a problem with illegal immigration and something need to be done. but its finding the common, middle-ground thats the hard part. sorry if this is a bit off topic. but since bella started this...

Quote:
I received this from a friend in the Diplomatic Corps.......funny, but poignant.

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a long trip with my family and extended family,
and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across
the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few
arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,
immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the
same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that
I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting
the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might
need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the
flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and
lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any
effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the
memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all
police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals
on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not
want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,
and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice
and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might
place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these
things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am
sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him
nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail
hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

Jim Foster
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #49
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Graduated a couple years ago from UCSD. Nice school, I liked it. Working in LJ (Pfizer). You graduated as well? See that you live Del Mar and thinking that's a bit too far to be commuting to UCSD.

Hahah, funny you guys broke in your own place and nobody called the cops.

This place is so ghetto - a few weeks ago a girl (UCSD med student) got raped/burglarized in her own apartment (in Mirada, my same complex) at around 2:30 AM. Some Asian kid busted open the screen door in her patio and since she had her patio door left open, he raped her. The worst thing of all was that this girl was screaming and yelling the whole time but not a single soul called the cops because her neighbors above (awake at the time) thought she was just arguing with a b/f.

Turns out this rapist raped once already, having his first victim 9 months ago near Doyle Park, according to DNA tests.
      04-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #50
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

i lived in valenica for a year then to costa verde... the problem with these apts. is the location. the area's too expensive and there are too many nice cars sitting in garages. if you were a car thief its like a kid in a candy store. too easy. and security is a joke there anyways. plus being so close to the boarder doesnt help either. the situation sucks but theres only so much people can do. its like the worst feeling in the world being robbed. you feel so violated. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #51
Imperial
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Graduated a couple years ago from UCSD. Nice school, I liked it. Working in LJ (Pfizer). You graduated as well? See that you live Del Mar and thinking that's a bit too far to be commuting to UCSD.

Hahah, funny you guys broke in your own place and nobody called the cops.

This place is so ghetto - a few weeks ago a girl (UCSD med student) got raped/burglarized in her own apartment (in Mirada, my same complex) at around 2:30 AM. Some Asian kid busted open the screen door in her patio and since she had her patio door left open, he raped her. The worst thing of all was that this girl was screaming and yelling the whole time but not a single soul called the cops because her neighbors above (awake at the time) thought she was just arguing with a b/f.

Turns out this rapist raped once already, having his first victim 9 months ago near Doyle Park, according to DNA tests.

that's a loooovely story. I never heard anything terrible like that happen (except some art student killed herself by jumping off Pac Hall. She landed on a trash can so yo ucan imagine the mess there)

yeah, we were surprised by not hearing anything about us breakign into our own places, too. Hooray for security, like biggieJ said.
      04-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #52
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Basically they wont give them any kind of help nor medical..but when the illegals come here they want this and that and demand equality.
Yes, the Mexican government is shady. There is no middle class in mexico. Only extremely wealthy, and extremely poor. People come to the US in search of a better life. That has been true since this country was established...that is not in question. They come here wanting to make more money, provide opportunities to their children, and have a better life. Why? because they cannot get this in Mexico. There is no way to go from lower class to upper class. It does not help that the US makes treaties like NAFTA that are supposed to help the economy of both countries, but end up really only benefiting the leaders of the industries. The common people see no real improvement of life. And rather...the poor get more poor, and work environments worsen.

When they come here...yes, some are illegal. Some are fortunate enough to get a green card and obtain some limited legal status. Many have children that are born here. They end up paying state taxes, they pay federal taxes on legal social security numbers and even on fake social security numbers. But nonetheless...they pay. They get sick, their kids get sick...what do you want to happen?? Just ingore it? This poses a huge public health risk. Illness does not know your legal status. There should be some way to provide health care to these people. They obviously do not have health insurance..so how can they pay out of pocket for treatment?? I am not saying that we should have easy access for people to come into the US...rather there needs to be a realistic means of allowing people to come to the US...especially when the US is setting up industries in their native countries and indirectly dictating foreign trends and policies. Once americans use these people as a workforce...they should be given some priveledges. No one is going after the Americans that pay the illegals...we only complain of the illegals being here. They would not be here is there was no jobs available to them.

The solution is not complaining about them being here, and denying them basic services. The solution lies in figuring out how to take care of the ones that are here for the sake of the communities in which they reside...and how to regulate future influx in a humanly manner.
      04-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #53
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Miguel..

Im all about learning and understanding other people's perspectives. It what makes you grow as an adult.. :rocks:
      04-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #54
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Im all about learning and understanding other people's perspectives. It what makes you grow as an adult.. :rocks:
Yes...that is all one can do, to truly understand the problems we are faced with these days. And do not believe everything you see or hear in American media...its very slanted.

04-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #55
Imperial
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Yes...that is all one can do, to truly understand the problems we are faced with these days. And do not believe everything you see or hear in American media...its very slanted.

to that end, I bring you - news.bbc.co.uk

imo, it's _the_ best news source on the planet. I get probably 90% of my news here and the rest from various American news networks. Honestly, you can't beat the BBC, you really can't.

and for kicks, I've lately been perusing www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese
      04-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #56
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

I dont' think Bella is meaning bad about the Mexicans. I can understand what she's trying to say though. Latins, in general (including Italians Bella ), as well as many people from the Middle East and South Asia have this "machismo" attitude. A lot of it is really dispicable (esp. if it leads to fondling/sexual harrassment), but I think it has to do with their society. In the Latin world, Catholicism is dominant, and it is, obviously very conservative (i.e. schools of separate gender, no pre-marital sex, highly scrutinized if any dating, etc.). You find the same in the Islamic world, and in parts of Asia. This conservatism can lead to a lot of perversions though (Catholic priests molesting, woman looked upon as sex objects, etc. because they are not as empowered as people in the Western Anglo-Saxon world).

But one example is pay scales. I think it was Norway had the most equitable (between men and women) pay scales. I have friends that live in Norway, and it is also common for WOMEN to pick up men there. There are no sexual inhibitions (or very less i should say). You'd be hard pressed to find that society in any Latin, Middle Eastern, or Asian nation.

Squaks: if you are sick of Cali, but like natural beauty, consider Vancouver. I've been there before and its a VERY beautiful city. The people are cool, and the women are pretty good looking too. Also, i guess its cheaper because its in Canada.
Appreciate 0