E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > PS4 or Xbox1?

04-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #23
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Nope and Sony has stated they're not even sure if they will ever update the software to ever play 3D. I doubt Microsoft will ever update their software to play 3D either. I think both systems are equally garbage for not being able to play the newest and latest media. Like you said, ps3 plays it. The question is why doesn't ps4?

My thought is ps4 doesn't so people have to buy both a ps4 for the latest having and a separate bluray player for 3D movies
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #24
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
I think both systems are equally garbage for not being able to play the newest and latest media.
that statement is completely wrong, as the PS4 can support 4K output for movies and images which is becoming the "new standard" in Ultra HD displays. Also forgot to mention that sony is working on oculus rift competitor called project Morpheus, that works with the PS4 to actually give you the virtual reality experience.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ject-morpheus/

3D didn't take off how everyone expected. I used my ps3 once with the 3D for killzone. It was pretty cool but never played it again like that. And as for 3D movies I watch them from my external hard drive, but im pretty sure at one point as long as you were buying a 3D TV they were giving you the 3D blu ray player and like 6 pairs of glasses. But again I may have watched 3-4 movies in 3D.

4K I will be investing in shortly when prices drop some more and more movies/services offer 4k video.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #25
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Bumping old thread

I'm a pretty avid gamer and I'd only buy a console if it shows its worth soon as it can. It needs to have a least 3 different types of games. Multiplatform games don't count. That being said, right now I think only the PS4 is worth buying. The edge also goes out to the PS4 for pretty much all of the multiplatform games since pretty much every game runs better. Think about the value of your money. If game X costs the same between each console but is known to have more content and/or runs and/or looks better on the PS4, you get more bang for your buck getting that version.

I'm also anti gimmicks. When 3D was hitting stores, I knew this wasn't going to last. So its not suprising that now (thankfully) the 3D craze is going down, there's no need to have the PS4 and the Xbox One to support it. Now its 4K that's being pumped out and its sure to be the next "1080p". The PS3/Xbox was only given 3D support per the trend at the time.

Kinect is more of failure than anything. The tech was cool, and I admit having fun playing fruit ninja but the games mostly sucked. The fact the Xbox One now sells with the choice not to include it says everything.

Morpheus is looking good but if the games/content doesn't deliver it will be the next Kinect. I do think however it'll be more successful since, unlike Kinect, there's now the Morpheus, Occulus Rift and now Samsung Galaxy VR. Basically the same tech being made my multiple developers whereas kinect was just on the Xbox.

Side note I think the Wii U is definitley worth buying now too. Pretty much any Nintendo made game is worth buying (better if you get it used) and currently has way more exclusive games. 3rd party games is where it hurts however (better to play CoD on a PS4/Xbox than the Wii-U) though there are some exculsives also coming - Bayonetta 2.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #26
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

My son just hit me up for an Xbox1 for his bday next week. Are there any accessories I should consider?

He has the wireless antenna for the old Xbox. Anyone know if it will work on the new Xbox1?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #27
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
My son just hit me up for an Xbox1 for his bday next week. Are there any accessories I should consider?

He has the wireless antenna for the old Xbox. Anyone know if it will work on the new Xbox1?
I'm pretty sure the new one has built in wifi, so the external wireless antenna is no longer needed.

The one accessory I can think of is a good pair of headphones/headset for online gaming. There's a ton of options though and it would probably be better for him to pick out what he wants.

I'd go the safe route and go Xbox and amazon giftcard for ~$60. Then he can get an accessory or another game.

Good luck!

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #28
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
I'm pretty sure the new one has built in wifi, so the external wireless antenna is no longer needed.

The one accessory I can think of is a good pair of headphones/headset for online gaming. There's a ton of options though and it would probably be better for him to pick out what he wants.

I'd go the safe route and go Xbox and amazon giftcard for ~$60. Then he can get an accessory or another game.

Good luck!
Cool thanks! He has the old Xbox with all the accessories. I'm just not sure how compatible they are with the new unit. He has the headphones with mic piece, and a remote with a keyboard on it. I'll have to do some research.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #29
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Cool thanks! He has the old Xbox with all the accessories. I'm just not sure how compatible they are with the new unit. He has the headphones with mic piece, and a remote with a keyboard on it. I'll have to do some research.
None of the parts from the Xbox and Xbox 360 can be used on the Xbox One. This includes the headset.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #30
CMann
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 on order

If you want to watch TV while you play games, are looking for a family entertainment system or would like to put a Microsoft spy camera in your house go for the X Bone. If you're a gamer you'll want to get the PS4.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #31
Mortify
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMann View Post
If you want to watch TV while you play games, are looking for a family entertainment system or would like to put a Microsoft spy camera in your house go for the X Bone. If you're a gamer you'll want to get the PS4.
If you're a gamer, you'll want to get a PC.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #32
kingc0bra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

^ lol funny reply

Past: '10 370Z Roadster, 06 G35coupe, 02 Mustang GT, 02 Focus SVT, 96 Probe GT
Appreciate 0