E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Dallas Cowboys

01-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #23
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Rape!
Hopefully we can do it again next week! I would love to beat the Eagles 3 times in 1 year!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs***** View Post
Hopefully we can do it again next week! I would love to beat the Eagles 3 times in 1 year!!
the eagles have yet to beat a playoff team. i really like our chances. besides, we can't just not win a playoff game forever. the eagles are a weak team against quality opponents; they've had a really weak schedule and that stat alone exposes their weaknesses. mcnabb's cage has been pretty well rattled, i'll be really surprised if he bounces back.

if the cowboys can shut the eagles down again, i think the NFC playoffs will become the cowboys' game. our defense is playing so lights out (doomsday defense II) that if they stay healthy, i believe our guys will be able to pester any QB in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #25
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Eagles looked real bad today. Cowboys have some positive mojo heading into the playoffs.

By the way, Wes Welker getting his knee shredded today reminded me why it is questionable to play starters in meaningless games. Yes, I am a Colts fan.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Eagles looked real bad today. Cowboys have some positive mojo heading into the playoffs.

By the way, Wes Welker getting his knee shredded today reminded me why it is questionable to play starters in meaningless games. Yes, I am a Colts fan.
wasn't new england playing for a better seed?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #27
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
wasn't new england playing for a better seed?
No, I don't believe they were. They knew that regardless of what happened today they were going to host a wild-card team next week at home. They played the remainder of the game with a backup qb and other backups, although they did re-insert Brady to see how he'd do in a non-Welker offense.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 02:36 AM   #28
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

imagine if that was Dallas Clark

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #29
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
your football knowledge/assumptions are awful. just an observation based on your football posts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-nfl-fanbases

Quote:
There is no doubt that America's Team has some of the most bandwagon fans in pro sports. When the Cowboys excel and are at the top of their game, people all over the country, most notably in California and Arizona, decide to sport T.O. and Romo jerseys.

Then, the minute the fans find out that their Cowboys aren't the Super Bowl champions, every piece of fan apparel with a star on it goes in the trash. Those people who you see wearing the giant star on their jackets will most likely be sporting Colts/Steelers jerseys the minute their Cowboys begin to lose.
I unlike you live in Dallas and listen to 105.3 The Fan on the way to work. When the boys are winning all is well, they drop a couple games and calls flood the radio from fans saying how bad they "stink" Nothing wrong with bitching about failed plays but Dallas fans take it to a new level.

Dallas in now my home and when they play anyone other than the Saints I'm cheering them on, but I'm not delusional about the fan base either.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #30
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Give me one city that does not whine when a sports team looks bad or is making strange decisions on the field, court or diamond.

We are a bit loopy about football in Texas anyway.

I am not saying squat until we win Saturday night.

It would have been nice to see the Texans in. I think they could have played a great spoiler role.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #31
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Give me one city that does not whine when a sports team looks bad or is making strange decisions on the field, court or diamond.

We are a bit loopy about football in Texas anyway.

I am not saying squat until we win Saturday night.

It would have been nice to see the Texans in. I think they could have played a great spoiler role.
No doubt about it, but never fails when the Cowboys are doing well you hear people who have NEVER said a word about them prior are suddenly a fan.

This happens in every city/team no question, but I think it's more prevalent with the Cowboys because their fan base is so broad.

I think the Boys will be fine...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #32
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
imagine if that was Dallas Clark
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #33
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Junkie View Post

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-nfl-fanbases

I unlike you live in Dallas and listen to 105.3 The Fan on the way to work. When the boys are winning all is well, they drop a couple games and calls flood the radio from fans saying how bad they "stink" Nothing wrong with bitching about failed plays but Dallas fans take it to a new level.

Dallas in now my home and when they play anyone other than the Saints I'm cheering them on, but I'm not delusional about the fan base either.
maybe i lived there for 25 years up until a month ago. i was listening to KRLD when it was still news talk (then 1080AM) and 105.3FM when it had russ martin on it (actual good talk programming instead of the FAN garbage). what makes me think you know even less about the teams you're trying to preach about is the fact your listen to the lowly FAN. any real dallas sports fan listens, and has listened, to the ticket. you know, 1310AM, the real dallas sports radio. i would even listen to ESPN (103.3 on your FM dial) radio over the FAN! maybe also, my family has been cowboys season ticket holders for 30+ years.

being that you probably fled katrina, you haven't been there for that long. i will tell you one thing about dallas cowboys fans, we haven't had a whole lot to be excited over since 1996. i hope, at least, you can understand our frustration. just making it to the playoffs is like getting to the super bowl. and when we bitch, we are bitching out of frustration. during the mid-90's, when the cowboys had their "glory days", a loss still lit up the airwaves. it's not because the fans are "fair weather", it's because people in dallas take their team seriously. do you think some article on some small time sports page, written by a wookie in a basement is going to convince me that dallas fans are fair weather? gtfo. where are you to convince me that SAINTS fans aren't fair weather? suddenly, they're all coming out of the woodwork. hmmm....

so in conclusion, my previous statement stands. don't talk about shit you don't know about.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #34
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Opening line: Dallas -3.5
Current line: Dallas -4

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #35
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Opening line: Dallas -3.5
Current line: Dallas -4

i think the line was dallas -3 for this last game and we didn't exactly come close to that. i don't think another shutout is eminent, but i don't think it will be a field goal game. nor do i think there will be 45 points scored if our defense keeps playing lights out.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #36
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yesterdays game I had Dallas -2.5.

Missing Dallas women yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #37
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yesterdays game I had Dallas -2.5.

Missing Dallas women yet?
it's different out here for sure, but i live with my girlfriend so it's in-house.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #38
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Close to the garden...good.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #39
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
maybe i lived there for 25 years up until a month ago. i was listening to KRLD when it was still news talk (then 1080AM) and 105.3FM when it had russ martin on it (actual good talk programming instead of the FAN garbage). what makes me think you know even less about the teams you're trying to preach about is the fact your listen to the lowly FAN. any real dallas sports fan listens, and has listened, to the ticket. you know, 1310AM, the real dallas sports radio. i would even listen to ESPN (103.3 on your FM dial) radio over the FAN! maybe also, my family has been cowboys season ticket holders for 30+ years.

being that you probably fled katrina, you haven't been there for that long. i will tell you one thing about dallas cowboys fans, we haven't had a whole lot to be excited over since 1996. i hope, at least, you can understand our frustration. just making it to the playoffs is like getting to the super bowl. and when we bitch, we are bitching out of frustration. during the mid-90's, when the cowboys had their "glory days", a loss still lit up the airwaves. it's not because the fans are "fair weather", it's because people in dallas take their team seriously. do you think some article on some small time sports page, written by a wookie in a basement is going to convince me that dallas fans are fair weather? gtfo. where are you to convince me that SAINTS fans aren't fair weather? suddenly, they're all coming out of the woodwork. hmmm....

so in conclusion, my previous statement stands. don't talk about shit you don't know about.
I do understand the frustration, I'm a Saints fan for Christ sake. Cowboys are "America's Team" thus have a broader fan base thus have more fair weather fans...not a jab just reality.

Why the animosity? Why the personal attacks? It's sports thread, surely someone educated can debate/comment on the topic without resorting to taking it personally??

I too am passionate about sports but seriously lighten up Francis. Maybe because my job is among the most stressful, everything else is in life child's play.

Last edited by Trauma Junkie; 01-04-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #40
singhbmw23
PUNJABI KING
India
Rep
Drives: aw e90

Hell yea lets go cowboys. No matter what happens i will be a cowboys fan forever. I know this guy who used to be a cowboys fan now he is a steelers fan lol they didnt make the playoffs this year. COWBOYS ALL THE WAY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhbmw23 View Post
Where are my Arlington/Dallas Cowboys fans at? Do you guys love them or hate them? I love them people here in dallas our so stupid that they call themselves true fans and when they see the cowboys are going to lose they start cheering for the other team i swear some people lol. 2010 super bowl champs=cowboys prob going to get flamed for this oh well. LETS GO COWBOYS.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #41
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow

All teams have their share of fair weather fans, but I do agree with Trauma that because of the Cowboys' broader fan base they do have a larger majority of fair weather fans.

I've been a Cowboys fan for over 20 years. Stuck with them through their ups and downs. But I have never lived in Dallas... or even Texas. I'm a die hard Cowboys fan, hell, I even bought tickets and flew out to see the inaugural game at Cowboys Stadium.

But who cares... LET'S FUCKING BEAT THE EAGLES!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #42
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
No, I don't believe they were. They knew that regardless of what happened today they were going to host a wild-card team next week at home. They played the remainder of the game with a backup qb and other backups, although they did re-insert Brady to see how he'd do in a non-Welker offense.
The 3rd seed was actually up for grabs between the Pats and Bengals. Doesn't seem like either of them cared about it anyway. If the Bengals would have won last night they would have had the 3rd seed.

The Colts were the 3rd seed in 2006, that's how they had the AFC Chanpionship game at home.

I guess both those teams wanted the 4th seed so they wouldn't have to play the Chargers in the divisional round OR they were happy to keep the Steelers out of the Playoffs!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #43
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

yeah buddy, rollin' like a big shot
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #44
singhbmw23
PUNJABI KING