E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > M3 Drivers and their watch(es)?

12-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #89
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan50 View Post
Will you miss them? If you get a new watch, will you even wear the Super Avenger/Omega? Keep in mind the substantial haircut you'll take when reselling them. Personally, I'd prefer to save up to buy the next one unless I really just don't like/wear one of those watches anymore (and would sell it anyways).
True, I do wear my Omega a lot, as well as the Breitling. If Rolex wasn't so expensive, I wouldn't have this problem! I've started to look at vintage rolex GMTs, Subs and Daytona's ....not much price relief there either...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #90
nchan50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 JzB/FR e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
True, I do wear my Omega a lot, as well as the Breitling. If Rolex wasn't so expensive, I wouldn't have this problem! I've started to look at vintage rolex GMTs, Subs and Daytona's ....not much price relief there either...
Btw, have you seen the new Rolex Daytona Everose chocolate dial (116515)? Saw it in person and tried it on. I generally like Daytonas but to me that watch was above and beyond others...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #91
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Btw, have you seen the new Rolex Daytona Everose chocolate dial (116515)? Saw it in person and tried it on. I generally like Daytonas but to me that watch was above and beyond others...
I can't 100% confirm, but I do think I recall seeing it at an AD, some diplomats were drooling over it. For me, I'm a bit of a keep it simple type of guy, I'm on the younger side so I can't pull off full gold just yet. Barely two toned, but certainly the classic white daytona just feels so right on my wrist.

The GMT and now GMTIIC, has also been my grail for a long time, it could verywell end up replacing my planet ocean as my daily, if the stars align and my gf allows it
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #92
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Yes that is a pice of art ... wonder how much she costs

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #93
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
I know most auto enthusiasts are also watch fanatics. Is there a particular watch u like to wear while driving the M? Do u have a watch collection? Post some pics. For some reason I love to drive with my PAM001 on. I'll post pics later.
I have been an avid car enthusiast my entire life, but I really couldn't care less about watches. I do appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship, but I just wouldn't spend a lot of money on one. That said, if BMW made an M watch that was no more than a few hundred bucks, I'd probably pick it up, but more for the association with M rather than the watch itself. Sorry.
      12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #94
sonnyb
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Sakhir orange

To me there can only be one watch....once worn by the coolest guy in the universe....the one and only Tag Monaco....an iconic piece, only by his assocoation.
If only it were cheaper!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #95
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

I have a few watches including some vintage watches.

Ironically the most accurate watch of the bunch is one that I paid the least for. It has a radio in it that contacts and synchnizes with the NIST Atomic Clock 6 times a day. The NIST atomic clock is accurate within 1 second every 15 million years.

My favorite is a circa 1939 Girard Perregaux that was a first wedding aniversary gift from my mother to my father when they were married in 1941. My mother gave it to me when my dad passed away and although it is not extremely valuable it is irreplaceable. A few years ago Girard Perregaux intorduced a similar looking watch called the Vintage 1945 and I bought one and wear it frequently. The new model is an automatic and the true "vintage" watch has to be manually wound.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 12-06-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #96
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I have a few watches including some vintage watches.

Ironically the most accurate watch of the bunch is one that I paid the least for. It has a radio in it that contacts and synchnizes with the NIST Atomic Clock 6 times a day. The NIST atomic clock is accurate within 1 second every 15 million years.

My favorite is a circa 1939 Girard Perregaux that was a first wedding aniversary gift from my mother to my father when they were married in 1941. My mother gave it to me when my dad passed away and although it is not extremely valuable it is irreplaceable. A few years ago Girard Perregaux intorduced a similar looking watch called the Vintage 1945 and I bought one and wear it frequently. The new model is an automatic and the true "vintage" watch has to be manually wound.

CA

CA
It is ironic about the accuracy, isn't it? I really love the Breitling I wear, also a mechanical watch. However, I set it weekly (I am anal-retentive) by the clock on my PC since it calibrates to NIST regularly. Most of the watches we are discussing are jewelry first and foremost, and as a side benefit they also happen to keep time.
      12-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #97
nchan50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 JzB/FR e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Yes that is a pice of art ... wonder how much she costs
A lightly used e46
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #98
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A lightly used e46
I can believe it

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #99
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggers m3 View Post
no watch, i teach first grade!
Bet the bells in the hall keep you on time

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #100
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
The AP is my dream watch. One day..one day....
You are serious...heavy watch winder...and there is even a g shock riding in it.
      12-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #101
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

bunch of damn ballers!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #102
rye m3
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

I have plenty of watches (Swiss background) and no Rolexes. However, about 6 months ago I stopped wearing them. I saw that it was a real Gen Y thing not to wear a watch and rely on the ever present cell phone. I have found it totally liberating. I'm never late for anything and I don't stress about being late by looking at my watch all the time. I miss the nice jewelry, but enjoy the reduction in stress much more. Go without for a week, you might have the same experience.

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #103
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
You are serious...heavy watch winder...and there is even a g shock riding in it.
http://www.finestwatches.com/audemar...aph-12595.html

$300,000 baby.

That was a joke...the simple $15K one will do. And yeah, I'm very serious.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #104
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
I know most auto enthusiasts are also watch fanatics. Is there a particular watch u like to wear while driving the M? Do u have a watch collection? Post some pics. For some reason I love to drive with my PAM001 on. I'll post pics later.
timex
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #105
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
http://www.finestwatches.com/audemar...aph-12595.html

$300,000 baby.

That was a joke...the simple $15K one will do. And yeah, I'm very serious.
its too much. its like a maybach even if i could afford one i wouldnt buy it.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #106
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
its too much. its like a maybach even if i could afford one i wouldnt buy it.
I could buy 2 of my dream cars with that kinda of money..GT3RS lol. So yeah, I'd probably skip out on the watch too.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #107
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I could buy 2 of my dream cars with that kinda of money..GT3RS lol. So yeah, I'd probably skip out on the watch too.
i will just take a gt3 i dont even need the rs.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #108
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

I was at a bar with some friends a while back and two of them were wearing gold Rolex Daytonas. I mentioned that I liked that watch but but had second thoughts about spending that much on another watch. Their response was that anyone could purchase one but the real status of owning a Rolex Daytona was if you got one by winning the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona (which both of them had - one of them twice). At that point I no longer lusted after a Rolex Daytona.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #109
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I was at a bar with some friends a while back and 2 of them were wearing gold Rolex Daytonas. I mentioned that I liked that watch but but had second thoughts aboit spending that much on another watch. Their response was that anyone could purchase one nd the real status of owning a Rolex Daytona was if you got one by winning the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona (which both of them had - one of them twice). At that point I no longer lusted after a Rolex Daytona.

CA
And the awkward silence lasted how long?
      12-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #110
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
And the awkward silence lasted how long?
Not long at all since we all knew what the likelyhood of me winning the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona is.

CA

Appreciate 0