E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Job seeking problem....

03-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Job seeking problem....

I think I am going to start looking for a new job but there is a problem. Currently my department is looking for two new people to come in because we are going through a merger. We have a HR rep who is scanning with LinkedIn, Monster, etc.. looking at candidates who have not necessarily applied through the company website. Now if I put my resume open to the public, I know he will see it since my resume is pretty much the criteria he is looking for and he will tell my boss. I like having it open so I can get calls from recruiters and jobs who scan through resumes through the different sites even if you haven't applied. I know if my boss finds out, he will hold a grudge. A girl in my department was applying to other positions within the company and he found out about that either through the HR rep or the manager looking for someone. This is kind of handicapping my search because of this. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: caprice wagon

lighten up. they cant fire you for looking for another job. and if they do, cry to their EPLI carrier.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

No they cant, but they can make your work life miserable to try and push you out faster...... Try proving that case and point. I have done this to many disgruntled employees. My thought process is; "Get the fuck out you are polluting the culture if you don like our koolaid flavor" ;-)
      03-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Undertow
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Use a recruiter. They wont post your resume to any job site and will deal directly with prospective employers.
      03-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3inwaiting View Post
Use a recruiter. They wont post your resume to any job site and will deal directly with prospective employers.
The only problem with recruiters is they throw as much shit at a wall as they can and hope something sticks.Some times it works out sometimes it does not. I find it based on luck. But I'm sure there are some recruiters that actually do their respective jobs and vent people for specific positions and place people into a good role that matches the specified skill set required. My 2 cents about recruiters.
      03-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Some recruiters are better than others that is for sure. You also have to be senior enough that the company doesn't mind paying the fees the recruiter needs.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I would have a problem working for a company/boss that doesn't want me to grow. If applying for another job within the company will piss them off then perhaps you should rethink whether or not you really want to work for them. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

take it off open resume searches in LinkedIn. That's just a lazy way of searching for a job. Go out there and find one by yourself, or seek a recruiter.

btw, sounds like a pretty toxic work place you're in, I would gtfo asap.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

on the bright side, there's always unemployment, food stamps, and if you say you're depressed or something you can also get disability checks.

should make for an exciting staycation. why'd you leave your last job? claim racism.

Appreciate 0