E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > A 1000+ hp Taycan to be introduced soon.

10-27-2022, 08:33 PM   #45
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Guys guys. Don't waste your breathe. Haven't you learned yet. The Corvette/Tesla nut juggler has an answer for any question or fact you can type. The best ICE is a Vette. The best EV is the Tesla. Don't
You dare try to say the opposite. Lol. Every forum has and needs 1 of these guys. It's constant entertainment. He will always 1 up you in some way. I said it before. If you fell 30 feet and lived , he fell 40 and lived.
Sometimes I forget that it isn't worth it to take people seriously. This is the internet afterall. You were right on the money
      10-28-2022, 05:33 AM   #46
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I'm not hating on EV's. I just think a "performance EV" needs to do more than just be silly fast in a straight line.
Again, as battery technology improves, weight will improve which will make these performance or hyper ev feel more “sporty”.

They already got the straight line performance down.

Still don’t know why people won’t accept that this is the inevitable. Find your favorite ICE car and hold onto it. The silent missiles will flood the streets in about a decade.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 06:00 AM   #47
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Again, as battery technology improves, weight will improve which will make these performance or hyper ev feel more “sporty”.

Still don’t know why people won’t accept that this is the inevitable. Find your favorite ICE car and hold onto it. The silent missiles will flood the streets in about a decade.
You don't have to sell me on an EV. I was very close to buying an E-tron GT just a little while ago. I know they are only going to get better and better, so I'm just enjoying a few more ICE vehicles while I still can. But I know what the obvious direction is and while it makes me sad, I know there will be good, sporty options.
      10-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #48
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Every Tesla owner probably
/S
Let me fix that for you:

“It don’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile, if I lost I’ll come up with an excuse for it.”
Appreciate 1
kyriian883.50
      10-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #49
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
You don't have to sell me on an EV. I was very close to buying an E-tron GT just a little while ago. I know they are only going to get better and better, so I'm just enjoying a few more ICE vehicles while I still can. But I know what the obvious direction is and while it makes me sad, I know there will be good, sporty options.
I am not trying to sell anyone anything. I couldn’t give 2 shits if you never buy an ev.

The demise of ice will eventually “force” people into buying ev unless you continue to drive your aging ice when they raise gas to 10+ dollars per gallon.

Ev purchases are increasing every year . Pair that with car makers making ev’s is only going to accelerate this.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 09:09 AM   #50
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
And then we have Porsche, doing it today.

Quote:

Quote:
But that's the thing, people aren't failing to accept they are inevitable. They are saying most of what you can get today kinda sucks as a driver, along with some of the other logistics that goes with them.

I think most of us are still waiting for a good one to come out that also doesn't suck on that logistics angle too.

Until then? Most of us will stick with ICE's. If Tesla made a better car, I'd have bought one already. That's got nothing to do with EV hate, or denial of the future.
Appreciate 1
kyriian883.50
      10-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #51
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
When people are buying these hyper ev’s, they don’t buy them for track times.

Of course the Porsche interior is nicer, that’s where the higher premium comes into play.

In terms of usage, network, and insane acceleration, the plaid’s are still undefeated.

Don’t worry, car makers will catch up. But it’ll take about a decade.
Well on track some Plaid guy on youtube recently crashed his Plaid on youtube nearly died so some knucklehead are.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:45 AM   #52
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Well on track some Plaid guy on youtube recently crashed his Plaid on youtube nearly died so some knucklehead are.
I’ve seen videos of people crashing Miata’s with 130ft lbs of torque.

So not sure what the issue here is. Are people picking on Tesla or ev in general? Sometimes you guys are jumping arguments for no reason lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 02:19 PM   #53
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

So not sure what the issue here is.
Nobody thinks people will never track their Miatas, nor that When people are buying Miatas, they don’t buy them for track performance.

Miatas perform well in corners, especially from a "bang for your buck" standard previously proposed in this topic.

Teslas?

There's a reason there is a Miata race series, but not a Tesla race series.

Well I guess that's not true, it was briefly tried :

https://www.theverge.com/22751453/el...s-ev-ambitions
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 02:47 PM   #54
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Exactly. So why are people bringing up track times? Just because Tesla put their plaid at the ring?

I’m a broken record. When battery technology improves, everything surrounding it will, including weight.

People who buy these performance ev’s are trying to go fast straight. No one is wishing when they get their plaid they’re heading straight to VIR lmaoooo
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #55
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. So why are people bringing up track times? Just because Tesla put their plaid at the ring?
Because there is more to a car than it's status in the 0-60.

Quote:
I’m a broken record. When battery technology improves, everything surrounding it will, including weight.
Untill then, enter the new 1000+ HP Taycan.

Quote:
People who buy these performance ev’s are trying to go fast straight.
Source?

Look at the Taycan sales numbers I posted on the first page:

In 2021:

Porsche sold 9414 taycans

Tesla sold 11,555 model S

Given the price delta between the two, that's some pretty close competition.

If a Taycan is so slow in a straight line and cost more than a Tesla, why is Porsche selling any at all?

Quote:
No one is wishing when they get their plaid they’re heading straight to VIR lmaoooo
Who does that with any car?
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #56
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. So why are people bringing up track times?
Search the whole topic, you find "track times" first mentioned in post #13

That was you my friend
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #57
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Search the whole topic, you find "track times" first mentioned in post #13

That was you my friend

The thread original post is of a taycan at the ring.

I said who buys ev’s for track times.

Where am I talking about tracking ev’s?

People stray away from a topic when they’re losing an argument. Similar to what you’re doing.

It’s ok. Car makers will catch up.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #58
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Because there is more to a car than it's status in the 0-60.

Untill then, enter the new 1000+ HP Taycan.

Source?

Look at the Taycan sales numbers I posted on the first page:

In 2021:

Porsche sold 9414 taycans

Tesla sold 11,555 model S

Given the price delta between the two, that's some pretty close competition.

If a Taycan is so slow in a straight line and cost more than a Tesla, why is Porsche selling any at all?

Who does that with any car?
Taycan turbo s is more expensive and slower than a plaid. Can’t argue those facts.

The model s isn’t teslas number one seller, it’s the model 3 and model y.

When this super ev taycan goes on sale, sure it’ll sell but that’ll just force more buyers in buying the plaid instead. Faster, cheaper and a better network.

Don’t worry, car makers will catch up.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 03:44 PM   #59
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The thread original post is of a taycan at the ring.
The OP said :

The prototype has recently been sighted on the Nurburgring. The top Taycan will be directly competing with Model S Plaid and Lucid Air Sapphire.

The Nurburgring is a testing ground, Tesla has been using it for years too.

Quote:
I said who buys ev’s for track times.

Quote:
Where am I talking about tracking ev’s?
^is this some sort of circle-Jerk question?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #60
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
I think you're lost in your own argument dude lol

I guess it doesn't even make sense to entertain the off topic stuff you're trying to make me reply on so i won't. Usually people do that when they're stuck on something or trying to defuse a discussion they have difficulty participating in.

Fact of the matter is right now no EV is a "track car". The plaid shows it can do it. Porsche shows they can do it as well.

Problem is, in the REAL WORLD, where 99% of people buy their performance cars, the plaid shits on the taycan everywhere. And that doesn't include the plaid being cheaper with a better network.

However you want to slice that to make it help your argument go right ahead. You tried already going off topic but i shot that shit down.

So until porsche builds something that tops the model s plaid in every category, not just it being 2 seconds faster at the ring, then we have a real discussion.

Until then, my original point stands. Tesla is still the front runner in this technology and car makers are still playing catchup.

And AGAIN, it's ok, car makers will catch up i'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 04:59 PM   #61
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:

I guess it doesn't even make sense to entertain the off topic stuff you're trying to make me reply on so i won't. Usually people do that when they're stuck on something or trying to defuse a discussion they have difficulty participating in.

Fact of the matter is right now no EV is a "track car". The plaid shows it can do it. Porsche shows they can do it as well.

Problem is, in the REAL WORLD, where 99% of people buy their performance cars, the plaid shits on the taycan everywhere. And that doesn't include the plaid being cheaper with a better network.

However you want to slice that to make it help your argument go right ahead. You tried already going off topic but i shot that shit down.

So until porsche builds something that tops the model s plaid in every category, not just it being 2 seconds faster at the ring, then we have a real discussion.

Until then, my original point stands. Tesla is still the front runner in this technology and car makers are still playing catchup.

And AGAIN, it's ok, car makers will catch up i'm sure.
Copy paste submit
Yawn
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 05:07 PM   #62
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, your 4D chess skills are clearly better than mine. You can start a side argument, debate it, then ask why we are debating it like it's someone else's idea that we are even talking about it. Very clever.

Quote:
Porsche shows they can do it better, even with 25% less power. Now they are upping that power 25% into the range of the Plaid. How much better will that be then? It seems we will find out soon.

Quote:

You mean like interior quality and design, exterior quality and design, reliability, build quality and rating, driving experience and feel, dealer/manufacturer customer service support model ? you know, stuff people care about, in the real world...
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #63
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, your 4D chess skills are clearly better than mine. You can start a side argument, debate it, then ask why we are debating it like it's someone else's idea that we are even talking about it. Very clever.

Quote:
Porsche shows they can do it better, even with 25% less power. Now they are upping that power 25% into the range of the Plaid. How much better will that be then? It seems we will find out soon.

Quote:

You mean like interior quality and design, exterior quality and design, reliability, build quality and rating, driving experience and feel, dealer/manufacturer customer service support model ? you know, stuff people care about, in the real world...
Your a gluten for punishment homje😂. Just run as fast as you can into a brick wall. Save yourself some aggravation. Lol
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
      10-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #64
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
If people cared so much about interior, no teslas would be sold according to people shitting on it.

It's not the best interior but in terms of their approach, they couldn't have done it better. Simplicity at it's best. With the BEST interface in that gigantic IPAD style screen.

The issue with your style of posts is that if you actually take the time to go back to your posts in these types of discussions, you post with no direction of actually getting to your point. You just post out of emotion and hope others (because you know they will) will chime in because everyone is against EV.

Actually wait, idk if that's true anymore. First everyone in an different thread was all about shitting on EV. Now this thread comes around and everyone is like yeah!!! Go porsche!! 1000hp EV let's do it!!!

LOL so it's teslas you guys hate.

Which one is it? Tesla or EV?

Both are going to be the clear winner when it's all said and done. Not you and not me. Well kinda me since i'm all for EV.

So i guess i win at the end
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 05:31 PM   #65
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If people cared so much about interior, no teslas would be sold according to people shitting on it.
If people cared so much about 0-60 or 60-130, no Taycans or Lucid Airs would be sold. Follow your own logic to conclusion.

Quote:
The issue with your style of posts is that if you actually take the time to go back to your posts in these types of discussions, you post with no direction of actually getting to your point. You just post out of emotion and hope others (because you know they will) will chime in because everyone is against EV.
Ad hominem is usually an act of desperation, just saying. Stay on topic and take a lesson from captain logic owl: https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-a...es-ad-hominem/

Quote:
Actually wait, idk if that's true anymore. First everyone in an different thread was all about shitting on EV. Now this thread comes around and everyone is like yeah!!! Go porsche!! 1000hp EV let's do it!!!

LOL so it's teslas you guys hate.

Which one is it? Tesla or EV?
Glad you asked, to me its two-fold. People are against:
  1. Shitty EV's. Even the ones that are really fast at 0-60.
  2. forced adoption of tech that is half baked and is dependent on un-invented solutions to real problems we already have.

Quote:
So i guess i win at the end
How many times do you have to claim a victory for it to be true in your own mind? I stopped counting after a few.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-28-2022, 05:46 PM   #66
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
And the EV hummer is sold out and so is the EV lightning. And are people going to be racing those? Or actually use them for what those cars in ICE form were used for?

At least make those comparison to conclusion.

People buy EV's for it's simplicity. The perks are instant acceleration, quieter ride, charging at home. Tesla does well in all that, plus their network is great. And at a great price point when you consider all that. When you look at other EV's that are competing with tesla, they fall short in almost everything.

You constantly go off topic when you have no where to go in your argument dude lol.

It seems that your argument is about anti-tesla. And if so, then there's nothing more to discuss. But if you're not anti-ev, idk why you like to get buried each time you talk about EV. You're not winning these arguments. The only time you get a false reassurance that you are making valid points, is when you see your buddies "like" your posts.

In the end, who is really going to come out on top?

I'll give you a hint. Silent missiles.
Appreciate 0