E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > evolution racewerkes oil cooler.??

09-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Pr335bob
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black on black e92

evolution racewerkes oil cooler.??

Hey guys,
Has anyone with or without an oil cooler from factory installed this kit? How has it held up?
Do you have to eliminate the fog lights ? For those without oem oil cooler did you have problems installing the bracket for oem fitment?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr335bob View Post
Hey guys,
Has anyone with or without an oil cooler from factory installed this kit? How has it held up?
Do you have to eliminate the fog lights ? For those without oem oil cooler did you have problems installing the bracket for oem fitment?

Thanks!
Hi,
Very popular product.
Lots of really good feedback.
try searching for review thread on it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Pr335bob
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hi,
Very popular product.
Lots of really good feedback.
try searching for review thread on it.
Thanks. I did search but only a few on here and mostly all had oem oil coolers or went with the dual oil cooler setup. Looking for the guys who didn't have oil coolers. I already have the oil cooler housing I'd figure that would save me some $$. Just wanted to know if that shroud that the ER kit comes with if it needs any oem oil cooler parts to help support it? Am I just fine having the oil cooler housing or would I need to purchase any other parts myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr335bob View Post
Thanks. I did search but only a few on here and mostly all had oem oil coolers or went with the dual oil cooler setup. Looking for the guys who didn't have oil coolers. I already have the oil cooler housing I'd figure that would save me some $$. Just wanted to know if that shroud that the ER kit comes with if it needs any oem oil cooler parts to help support it? Am I just fine having the oil cooler housing or would I need to purchase any other parts myself.
Went with the retrofit housing on mine plus the standard kit. All fits in fine. It's very tight on the fog light though. They sent the wrong shroud (135i one I believe instead of 335i) to go in my bumper though so I have no shroud. Fits fine though.
      09-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
Pr335bob
Captain
Rep

Thanks! Did you have to remove the foglight bulb for it to fit? So the retrofit housing kit brought the arm that holds the oil cooler oem. How'd you make it fit? Do you have to make a hole on the bumper brace ? Or is there already a hole there to connect the oil cooler bracket arm.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr335bob
Thanks! Did you have to remove the foglight bulb for it to fit? So the retrofit housing kit brought the arm that holds the oil cooler oem. How'd you make it fit? Do you have to make a hole on the bumper brace ? Or is there already a hole there to connect the oil cooler bracket arm.
Would like to know this as well what is the part number for whatever holds up the oil cooler core inside the bumper
Appreciate 0