E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > The Best Luxury Car Buys Of The Year by FORBES

10-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #23
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

The Acura MDX is probably the best all around SUV available in the US and if you don't think so then I'm guessing you haven't owned or driven one. They're comfortable, quiet, ultra reliable and are extremely safe (07+). I have an 07 w/ Sport/Entertainment and it handles well for what it is and the motor has plenty of grunt...only complaint is the poor mpg. Mine has 120K miles and has never been in for anything but regular services and my 01 MDX has over 300K but it required a tranny rebuild around 220K. I'm not a fan of the headlights on the new ones but they're very nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #24
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryck
The Acura MDX is probably the best all around SUV available in the US and if you don't think so then I'm guessing you haven't owned or driven one. They're comfortable, quiet, ultra reliable and are extremely safe (07+). I have an 07 w/ Sport/Entertainment and it handles well for what it is and the motor has plenty of grunt...only complaint is the poor mpg. Mine has 120K miles and has never been in for anything but regular services and my 01 MDX has over 300K but it required a tranny rebuild around 220K. I'm not a fan of the headlights on the new ones but they're very nice.
I always liked the MDX as well. I had an 02 and drove it till 09. Solid car, nice features, I did a few small mods to it like all of the cars I've had over the years so mine kinda had an individual look to it inside and out.

Very reliable and easy to maintain. Comfortable and welcoming cabin and she handled the corners surprisingly well with the wide tires and stance I hooked her up with. If I can dig ip some old pics, I will put some up later. Ah, memory lane...lol

I only gave her up because when I found out about the X6... well love at first sight kicked in so marched into BMW dealership, built an 09 X6, and I started saving my pennies in 08 and then sold the MDX to a good friend in order to pick up my new toy after about a three month wait.