E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Sell M6 and pick up Gallardo? Opinions

09-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #89
Chrisfast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Moped

The Gallardo is on a completely different level than an M3. I don't care if you Supercharge it and then add a turbo to it too and it make 5,000 hp. It's not a Lamborghini.
Why are some of you so obsessed with quarter mile times and 0-60? That's not at all what a Lamborghini is about. And if you're that wrapped up with these kind of times, why in the hell would you even own an M3? BMW's are no more meant for drag racing than Lamborghini's. Buy a damn ZR1 and be done with it. Just make sure you get your gold chains and plenty of Drakar Noir to put on when you drive it.
To the OP. The Gallardo is a much better car than the Murci as far as maintenance. Timing Chain instead of belt is the biggest reason that you won't be spending as much money on maintenance. The car is basically an Italian Suit with German Guts. That's a very good thing in my opinion. The clutches on the Egears do get eaten up fast, because unlike the SMG transmissions they like to really slip a lot. The 6-speeds wear better, but you'll get a split decision on which one is better from a lot of owners. The attention you will get driving one is unnerving though. I live in a small town and it is way more than if you live in a big city.
Here's what I think is the best forum for Lamborghini right now. I've been a member for quite some time and find all of the help very useful.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/
Oh, last thing. To everyone that are so worried about quarter mile times. There is a fix for that too.

http://www.undergroundracing.com/vid...id=5nCPWsF4Lm4
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #90
TRY...M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfast View Post
The Gallardo is on a completely different level than an M3. I don't care if you Supercharge it and then add a turbo to it too and it make 5,000 hp. It's not a Lamborghini.
Why are some of you so obsessed with quarter mile times and 0-60? That's not at all what a Lamborghini is about. And if you're that wrapped up with these kind of times, why in the hell would you even own an M3? BMW's are no more meant for drag racing than Lamborghini's. Buy a damn ZR1 and be done with it. Just make sure you get your gold chains and plenty of Drakar Noir to put on when you drive it.
To the OP. The Gallardo is a much better car than the Murci as far as maintenance. Timing Chain instead of belt is the biggest reason that you won't be spending as much money on maintenance. The car is basically an Italian Suit with German Guts. That's a very good thing in my opinion. The clutches on the Egears do get eaten up fast, because unlike the SMG transmissions they like to really slip a lot. The 6-speeds wear better, but you'll get a split decision on which one is better from a lot of owners. The attention you will get driving one is unnerving though. I live in a small town and it is way more than if you live in a big city.
Here's what I think is the best forum for Lamborghini right now. I've been a member for quite some time and find all of the help very useful.

Oh, last thing. To everyone that are so worried about quarter mile times. There is a fix for that too.

I appreciate the support. You really know what your talking about especially with actual experience. I couldn't agree more with every thing you said! Thread closed lol! Hopefully getting the car shipped Monday
Lamborghini-Talk.com: Christian.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #91
Chrisfast
Private First Class
Rep

Congrats!!! You won't be dissapointed. PM me if you have any questions or need advise on who to talk to for parts or servicing.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #92
Chrisfast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Oh, thanks for clarifying that... we weren't aware of that.
Quote:
Get the supercharger! Seriously, it will transform your M3 into a monster. If you go with a VT1 kit (like mine) you'll get power like a stroker engine, nice, but still civilized... perfect for the track. If you go VT2 600-650... you'll open the gates of f@cking hell anytime you come near the throttle. For the first two days you'll probably experience some anal leakage.
Really? Not sure you were. Glad I could help though.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #93
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Gallardo FTW. I would do it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #94
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

The newer gallardos are just so beautiful! However i would save up a little more if I were you and get :

Porsche gt3rs or Ferrari f430 scuderia.

I saw a Red Ferrari F430 Scuderia on the freeway other day, and oh my goodness is it beautiful. Im in love with this car right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #95
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

DISCLAIMER: NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED..lol

BUY THIS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Low-m...item23142f3c62
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #96
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:

That statement said it best..

Some people just don't understand though.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #97
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
DISCLAIMER: NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED..lol

BUY THIS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Low-m...item23142f3c62
Yeah the Scuderia is one of my all time favorites. Can't wait for the "Scuderia" version of the 458.

By the way, if you hold the shift key and type 458 -> $%* which means, you have to have a lot (*) of $, and with some % of it you can buy a 458
      09-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #98
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Or you can buy a Gallardo, and add a twin-turbo to it and make it 1000hp. We have a guy here in Seattle who has one, and he tracks it. He has my respect. He once passed a car that I was sitting in passenger seat in advanced group, and in bright day light I saw flames coming out of his exhaust...
      09-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #99
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
Or you can buy a Gallardo, and add a twin-turbo to it and make it 1000hp. We have a guy here in Seattle who has one, and he tracks it. He has my respect. He once passed a car that I was sitting in passenger seat in advanced group, and in bright day light I saw flames coming out of his exhaust...

they do that normally, with or without turbo's.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #100
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

Quote:
Price is obviously a factor... I don't think anybody here would pass on the Gallardo if money was no issue.
I can afford but not kidding, even if someone straight trade gallardo for my m3 , i wont do the trade. Not a big fan of Lambo
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #101
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Oh boy ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mucie...item19c8ed5722

^ #1 car for me right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #102
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Do people seriously buy $200k+ cars off of ebay??? Man, I need a new job...
      09-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #103
Chrisfast
Private First Class
Rep

I think a lot of people use Ebay to get more attention to the car and then sell it. I have listed every car I've ever sold on Ebay, but never actually sold one on Ebay. I agree with you that most people would never actually buy a 200+k car clicking the Buy it Now button. If they did I would definitely question their judgement.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #104
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Get it!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #105
nick123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If you have the money for it and have another car to drive daily then I say at least take it for a test drive and see if you like it. Maintenance and insurance are going to be expensive on it but the car will put a smile on your face every time you start it up.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #106
Yay-Z
Shifting to Top Gear
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_m3 View Post
The Gallardo is a good looking car but it has a very weak clutch. Many people find it needs replacing after 5k to 10k. It's definitely not a car to use as a daily driver. Especially as a new clutch in the UK costs the equivalent of $5,000.
Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
      09-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #107
TRY...M3
Major
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=1cleanm3;10432954]Oh boy ;

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mucielago-Super-Veloce-/110745179938?pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #108
TRY...M3
Major
United_States
Rep

That murci is for sale at Ferrari of LI I think. Ask for Eric he'll hook you guys up!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #109
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

I know that Lamborghini has made some high performance cars over the years but I always viewed them as more image than content pretenders to the throne,

Compare the price of Lamborghinis vs. Ferraris in the collector car market.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #110
Apolonios
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

That was probably right in the past, but I don't know. These recent ones like the Aventador are putting serious numbers. And I used to hate their styling but ever since the Reventon, they look spectacular.
Appreciate 0