E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Using two dealers to get the best deal? Help!

04-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Using two dealers to get the best deal? Help!

Sorry I never push two different dealers before for the best price.
Normally I just hammer the one.

OK, I place a deposit with Dealer A and I am paying MSRP. In the mean time I contacted Dealer B and C. Now Dealer B has come back with $500 off MSRP.

Now what is my next step?

I keep telling myself the CA is NOT MY FRIEND!!!
      04-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
natedog_1959
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 SVT Focus

Come up with some elegant negotiables. No dealership is going to lose money on you just so they can have you as a customer. Let them know that you will keep all of your scheduled and unscheduled maintenance at their facility if they work with you on price. Or tell them that if they can hit your price, you will spring for the 6yr/100k mile extended warranty, etc. You need to make them feel like they are getting something out of the negotiations besides fucked in the ass. Nate
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Push the 500 on dealer C, then push that deal on dealer D and make your way back to dealer A.

I started at over MSRP and ended at 500 over invoice. Thats over 3k off after taxes and fees and my car hardly has any options. I have over half a dozen dealers at 500-700 over invoice right now. At this point allocation date takes priority since they all pretty much equal out on price.
Appreciate 0