E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > road rage

05-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
tonee8519
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4

Talking road rage

What do you guys do when you guys get into road rage with some freak who's driving a clunker and you're driving in your new bimmer?

Some few months ago, i got into a road rage fight with this guy in his clunker that almost got my baby damaged.

To make a long story short, what happened on that day was a huge traffic jam with this guy wanting to get onto a left turning lane and with me unfortunately being the last car blocking him getting onto the turning lane..

Behind me, the guy kept honking me and i was like wtf. Even though i did move my car up for him a little, he still didn't or wouldn't have room to get onto the turning lane so in my car i pointed out my middle finger at him through my rear-view mirror as the honking was really annoying me.

Few minutes later as the cars got moving again, he was side by side with me with him being on the left turning lane now and me being on the same thru-traffic lane; things then really heated up. He came up to me and gave me the finger and i pointed a finger back at him, he got really really pissed shortly.

What the guy did then was he intentionally turned his clunker onto my lane when we were side by side. He tried to get my car clipped but thank god for my quick reflexes i dogged away from the kill. To avoid the kill, he got my car turned onto the other side of the lane but thankfully there were no on-coming cars on that lane. I quickly turned back and forth. O if it wasn't for my driving skills. lol

Being pissed myself, i did nothing but drove away like a pussy. I was so mad but i didn't know what to do as i don't wanna get my baby damaged nor could i have gotten out of my car at the time to beat him up if i had a baseball bat. That idiot left mad with me doing nothing.

So, in this situation if it was you guys what would you have done???
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I would have hoped I would have just thought "what a loser" and ignored the guy from the get-go. These are split second decisions, and I can't say for sure what I would actually do.

Things are nutty these days, and along with not knowing what the driver will do with his/her car (like really ramming you, instead of just swerving at you), you never know if some hothead with a huge chip on their shoulder will pull a gun out.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Snowman811
Black Sapphire 330i
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 330i

Get his license plate number and call 1-800-exhaust to complain. They'll send him a SMOG requirement and cost him a few bucks.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I've had a couple of situations like that. I don't want my car damaged so I try to not make eye contact or flip people off. It's hard to bite my tounge sometimes, but I try to just leave people like that in my dust.
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Trust me, you're no wuss for not getting provoked into a road rage fight that neither of you can win.

I had someone do that behind me the other day. He was honking behind me and throwing me the bird, but I had no room to move my car in a slight traffic jam.

And I DID NOTHING, I just stared at him with a look that said what in the world is making you so angry? Slience is golden. I also had a co-worker in the car with me.

He aggressively pulled around me and got in front of my car. I just stayed behind him, only because we were both going in the same direction. He kept checking his rear view mirror. Fasinated by the angle eyes no doubt.

After about 2 miles he pulled over and stopped to let me go by. I watched him just sitting there by the side of the road in my rear view mirror as I drove to my destination.

SLIENCE IS GOLDEN!

My co-worker couldn't believe what had just happened, but he's new to this sales game.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

i might of pulled out a gun under my sit, pointed at him while driving, and watch him get wet like a little girl

or

if there was alot of people around, and cars were stopped, i would get my baseball bet from my trunk and come up to his window asking "whats the problem"

BUT I would only do that if he REALLY pissed me off, a finger wouldn't make me do that, but verbal hardcore insults would be a bad news for the guy
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
gscone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo, 2017 BMW M

I use to throw old spoark plugs thru the sunroof, but this was many many years ago. Now I just say fuck it and keep it moving. Most of these scumbags are not worth my time.
      05-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

i had a guy throw a penny at my window once...so i waited till he moved up a tad bit and blessed his face with a spritz of my headlight washer! oooh! that was a great moment!
      05-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #9
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Living in LA...you have to learn to avoid those situtations when you can. People are freaking crazy with road rage. Many have nothing to lose and are looking for someone to take it out on.

Just yesterday..there was another freeway shooting here. Sad thing...it on the news for like 1 sec. It is way too common. Not worth damaging your car or losing your life for it.
      05-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Ya, I remember telling a guy to fuck off, then him saying he's going to follow me home and beat me up, so I said "Sure, keep up." I lost him a couple of times, but I slowed down and waited for him. I waived him on, then just as he got close, I took off again. That was fun.
      05-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Living in LA...you have to learn to avoid those situtations when you can. People are freaking crazy with road rage. Many have nothing to lose and are looking for someone to take it out on.

Just yesterday..there was another freeway shooting here. Sad thing...it on the news for like 1 sec. It is way too common. Not worth damaging your car or losing your life for it.

I know this is off topic, but magmd. You have the whole Empire Strikes Back movie as your signature!!!

How awesome is that. Totally cool dude! Can you tell I'm a Star Wars buff???
Appreciate 0