E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who ride their bicycle to work?

04-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i bike to school.... everyday.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #24
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Hey, I got my first flat last week on the front tire. lucky it was a very slow leak and the tire did not go flat completely until 4 hours after I finish riding.

My option was to have the tire repair or buy a new inner tube. Decided to buy the new inner tube and I kept the old tube so I can patch/repair it. The shop shows me how easy it was to replace the inner tube on a moutain bike tire.

I also learned another tip for those who carry a tire repair kit when riding, make sure you have a pair of latex gloves. Working on the rear tire can get greasy and you don't want all that grease on your hands and then on your handle bar.

I also find this DYI repair tutorial very useful at park tool as well:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/

Thanks for the info..

Been riding in a lot, I like it a lot so far. Today was the perfect day to ride in, but I played a hard game of hockey this morning and my legs are like jello.. I didn't think I would make it in on the bike..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #25
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

I live in L.A. Riding a bike anywhere here is more or less impossible

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Thanks for the info..

Been riding in a lot, I like it a lot so far. Today was the perfect day to ride in, but I played a hard game of hockey this morning and my legs are like jello.. I didn't think I would make it in on the bike..
So that is how you get all your frustrations out of your system in the morning, beating up the puck.

You make me so jealous since I cannot ride to work. Maybe I can find a park & ride half way and park my car at the park & ride and take the bike to work half the distance and don't have to pay for the parking at the office.
      04-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #27
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
So that is how you get all your frustrations out of your system in the morning, beating up the puck.

The coffee pot league is hard. I wasn't going to skate it again this season, but they needed one more guy and it's a really good skate - so I said yes. Physically I was fully geared up on the ice by 6:15 this morning. Mentally, I was on the ice maybe halfway through the second period or so..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #28
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

So I decided to take photos since I don't have a scanner. This is old so not sure if it is still legit. Sorry for the poor quality photos.
Attached Images

05-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

I rode a full suspension to/from work everyday including weekends when i was out in Washington state. Now I have zero commute since I work from my laptop. On my road bike, I always carry a patch kit, spare tube, and CO2 canister so i don't have to use a shitty portable bike pump. Definately ride with a helmet. Sometimes no matter what you carry you'll break something so have a cell phone so you can still call a taxi.(i snapped my chain 3 times, luckily someone had a chain tool with them)
      05-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #30
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Josh49- i know how it feels to play hockey in the morning. I used to skate before school, at the rink by 450am every morning.