E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Help On Office Window Tinting...

02-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cool Help On Office Window Tinting...

my dad signed another lease of a building as his company is growing. we got a pretty good deal too. the building is a fairly new (4 years old) and we don't need it but the owner is providing us new paint, ceiling, lights, and carpet.

the point...the windows are very easy shape rectangular. instead of having the person that tinted my windows come down and lay solar guard, i was wondering if i can buy the film and do it myself with my dad. its not an irregular shape and with a ladder we can start from top and work way down or bottom to top and work across.

anybody have any advice, brands, etc? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
my dad signed another lease of a building as his company is growing. we got a pretty good deal too. the building is a fairly new (4 years old) and we don't need it but the owner is providing us new paint, ceiling, lights, and carpet.

the point...the windows are very easy shape rectangular. instead of having the person that tinted my windows come down and lay solar guard, i was wondering if i can buy the film and do it myself with my dad. its not an irregular shape and with a ladder we can start from top and work way down or bottom to top and work across.

anybody have any advice, brands, etc? thanks.
go to tintdude.com art of tint might do it but I think he does only Manhattan...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
go to tintdude.com art of tint might do it but I think he does only Manhattan...
well i always go to toms to get my windows tinted. i didn't ask for a quote yet but if i got him to come i believe it would be more then $3k being compared to car tinting prices.

i mean if i can get the film, i just apply and get rid of bubbles by smoothing. any such thing on the market?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
well i always go to toms to get my windows tinted. i didn't ask for a quote yet but if i got him to come i believe it would be more then $3k being compared to car tinting prices.

i mean if i can get the film, i just apply and get rid of bubbles by smoothing. any such thing on the market?
That's why I told u to go to tint dude. If i knew how to tint I would do it myself
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

www.huperoptik.com
Appreciate 0