E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Schumacher Suffers Head Injury In Skiing Accident

04-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #111
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

МS out of coma !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #112
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenya B View Post
МS out of coma !!!
I truly hope so! But, what is your source? Be careful there have been a lot of rumors floating around. Right now, it appears the rumor is quoting RTL.De but there is nothing on their F1 site: http://www.rtl.de/cms/sport/formel-1/rtl-tv.html

Here is RT news feed:
http://rt.com/search/shortnews/term/schumacher/
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #113
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
МS out of coma !!!
Source?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #114
RingBredE90
DTMRacer
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

It could have been the good news of the month, if not even the entire year, but unfortunately the reports saying that Michael Schumacher has come out of coma and is recognizing his wife are apparently bogus.

A coupe of hours ago, the Spanish version of Russia Today reported for some reason that Sabin Kehm, Schumi's manager, has told a German RTL TV channel reporter that Michael Schumacher has come out of coma and is able to recognize his wife.

The hundreds of thousand of Schumacher fans around the world probably rejoiced when hearing/reading this, including most automotive media outlets who jumped at the unconfirmed news and filled the Internet with similar reports.

We have no idea what was the original source for the bogus report, albeit the Spanish version of RT is the most quoted, but according to Bild journalist Nicola Pohl, it is all a lie.

“Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL.” Nicola Pohl said on Twitter, and we tend to believe her.

As usual, any information concerning the current state of Michael Schumacher should be taken with a grain of salt if it isn't coming from official sources, in this case a press release from Sabine Kehm.

The last official report about the septuple Formula 1 champion arrived about two weeks ago, when Sabine Kehm informed the media that “There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress,” when asked about his health.

As you surely already know, Schumi has been in a medically-induced coma for almost four months, following a skiing accident which caused him to hit his head on a rock on December 29. We will keep you informed if anything new related to his condition happens.
      04-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #115
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingBredE90 View Post
It could have been the good news of the month, if not even the entire year, but unfortunately the reports saying that Michael Schumacher has come out of coma and is recognizing his wife are apparently bogus.

A coupe of hours ago, the Spanish version of Russia Today reported for some reason that Sabin Kehm, Schumi's manager, has told a German RTL TV channel reporter that Michael Schumacher has come out of coma and is able to recognize his wife.

The hundreds of thousand of Schumacher fans around the world probably rejoiced when hearing/reading this, including most automotive media outlets who jumped at the unconfirmed news and filled the Internet with similar reports.

We have no idea what was the original source for the bogus report, albeit the Spanish version of RT is the most quoted, but according to Bild journalist Nicola Pohl, it is all a lie.

“Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL.” Nicola Pohl said on Twitter, and we tend to believe her.

As usual, any information concerning the current state of Michael Schumacher should be taken with a grain of salt if it isn't coming from official sources, in this case a press release from Sabine Kehm.

The last official report about the septuple Formula 1 champion arrived about two weeks ago, when Sabine Kehm informed the media that “There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress,” when asked about his health.

As you surely already know, Schumi has been in a medically-induced coma for almost four months, following a skiing accident which caused him to hit his head on a rock on December 29. We will keep you informed if anything new related to his condition happens.
Keep me posted. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #116
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
МS out of coma !!!
2ND ATTEMPT

HE IS OFFICIALLY OUT OF COMA

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6634.bild.html
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #117
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
2ND ATTEMPT

HE IS OFFICIALLY OUT OF COMA

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6634.bild.html
Haha I like how you followed up. I'm more inclined to believe it this time around.
Here is another article

http://www.motortorque.com/news/f1-l...-of-coma-25588

And another:
http://jalopnik.com/f1-champ-michael...ium=socialflow

His recovery is far from over. So, keep fighting, Michael
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #118
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

It's great that he's out of the coma, but I caution folks to not get your hopes up. "Clinically awake" means he could still be in a persistent vegetative state. I'll celebrate when I see Michael give an interview.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #119
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/good-news/
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #120
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

^^^This is what I'm sayin'. Some media outlets are casting this in way too bright a light.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #121
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

thoughts are with u and hope to hear from u soon
FORZA MICHAEL
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #122
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Damn hope he progresses.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #123
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Great News!!!!
We've all been waiting for this for a long time!!!
      06-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #124
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Being out of his Medically Induced Coma is one thing; being Awake, Alert and Responsive is totally different. The family are being extremely close lipped and nuanced in their statements about his current condition. I'm not trying to be negative here and I hope that he truly is progressing back to normal mentation, but just turning off the Propofol drip or whatever his MD's were using to burst suppress him, doesn't mean much re: recovery.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #125
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Good news. Hopefully he comes back strong very soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #126
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Schumacher returns home to continue recovery

Another great news towards his long journey of recovery!

Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Switzerland and returned to his family home to continue his recovery from the extensive head injuries he suffered in a skiing accident eight months ago.

However, the seven-time world champion still faces a "long and difficult road" to recovery, according to his manager Sabine Kehm.

"Henceforth, Michael's rehabilitation will take place at his home," said Kehm. Considering the severe injuries he suffered, progress has been made in the past weeks and months. There is still, however, a long and difficult road ahead."

Schumacher suffered severe brain injuries when he hit his head on a rock at a French ski resort in December. He underwent two operations to remove haematomas from the brain and reduce swelling at the Grenoble University Hospital before he was transferred to the CHUV Hospital in Lausanne.

"We would like extend our gratitude to the entire team at CHUV Lausanne for their thorough and competent work," Kehm's statement added. "We ask that the privacy of Michael's family continue to be respected, and that speculations about his state of health are avoided."

It was announced by Schumacher's family in June that he was no longer in a medically induced coma.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/s...QUpiAcYCufc.99
      09-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #127
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

I was reading about this in a Brit paper last week. They claimed it was "the miracle Schumacher fans have been praying for," although his status is essentially unchanged from a month or two ago. He is still unresponsive and immobile and only occasionally flutters his eyelids, according to that same article. Basically they set him up in a home-based nursing facility. I'm still hoping for the best, but I think after all this time the chances of him getting back to anything close his old self are slim indeed.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #128
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Jean Todt's reporting today that while he'll never race again Shu's expected to recover and live a near normal life
      10-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #129
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Jean Todt's reporting today that while he'll never race again Shu's expected to recover and live a near normal life
That would almost be considered miraculous, if true! Source?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #130
Shifteck
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...er-can-4395046
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #131
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Motorsport.com. Search google news.
      10-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #132
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Still immobile and unable to speak. I'd love to see him "living a near normal life" again, but I'll believe it when I see it.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0