E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Got Called an A-hole This Morning

07-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #111
MikeCCrutchfield
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundelman View Post
I read/hear 'asshole' and 'BMW' synonomous with one another more than any other related car brand, ie, Acura, Lexus, Audi. Except for maybe Porsche.
Why do assholes like BMW's so much? It's a great car that's getting such a bad rep from it's buyers. "There goes another a-hole BMW driver" is just too common. It's making me have doubts about buying one because I love the car, but who the hell wants that stigma posed on him? Wish there was some imperical data on this somewhere. An Asshole:BMW ratio metric maybe....
I would say it is a 1:1 ratio....1 BMW, 1 Asshole planted firmly against the drivers seat, of course that ratio holds true for ALL cars
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #112
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Ohh yea cuz its sooooooooo much more different in NorCal. We got those wanna be tough guys down here too.
nothing personal, but the farther north you go the higher your chances of running into questionable characters. I'd rather tangle with a level headed tough guy then a wacko with poor decision making skills and nothing much to lose.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #113
gobo335i
Toy Wrangler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i - GoCart on Steroids

I'd call you an asshole too. With a kid in the car?!?! Come on dude.
      07-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #114
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

If you have to carry a baseball bat around for protection then you should be the last person popping off to somebody. As a 6, 2” 220 lbs ex-marine I consider myself to be a pretty tough guy, yet every week I have my ass handed to me at the place I practice jujitsu at. There are some mean tough MF’ers out there that will snap your elbow and choke you out in a matter of seconds. Point is there are too many people out there who you know too little about to ever make playing tough guy worth it.

Next time something like this happens you should try this, step out of your car and apologize to them. Tell them you’re sorry you offended him and that you appreciate his concern. And then take it easy and slow down. I’ll bet that will throw him for a loop, and you know what, he might just apologize for calling you an asshole. And if he doesn’t, so what? If you find you can’t live with that and you have to say your piece then talk to someone about your inferiority complex. Either way it isn’t worth two probably otherwise decent people going at each others throats over it.

Everyone here is talking about their right to drive however they want, but you know that guy has a right to feel his kids and family are safe on the road. Learn to respect the fact that your rights end when they begin to trample other’s rights. It's called being mature.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #115
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I get called an A hole most mornings
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 02:25 AM   #116
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

^Oh yeah? I wonder why lol
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 03:44 AM   #117
croaker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

OK I just got the wrap up for this. I just talked to my First Shirt. After all that the called the cops and complained anyway. I did not even pass him where I thought. Apparently it was on the main road into base. He was mad because I passed three cars at an "Excessive Rate of Speed"

Let me make it clear that I'm sure that I was speeding, but we are talking a straight wide road here.

So as to what has happened to me...Nothing. The shirt told me to slow down, and that the police can't right me up or anything, but that they may set up a speed trap on the main road for a while.

However, I have taken something away here, and will continue to watch my speed.

Last edited by croaker; 07-20-2007 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #118
Mexikutioner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker View Post
OK I just got the wrap of for this. I just talked to my First Shirt. After all that the called the cops and complained anyway. I did not even pass him where I thought. Apparently it was on the main road into base. He was mad because I passed three cars at an "Excessive Rate of Speed"

Let me make it clear that I'm sure that I was speeding, but we are talking a straight wide road here.

So as to what has happened to me...Nothing. The shirt told me to slow down, and that the police can't right me up or anything, but that they may set up a speed trap on the main road for a while.

However, I have taken something away here, and will continue to watch my speed.
I had a feeling the 1st shirt would call you in(some people are f'in morons)...what base are you at and what gate was the main road?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #119
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I ask you to show us the law that says this. As far as I know, this is not legal or required in any state. Even in Germany on the Autobaum, get caught flashing the headlights will get you a ticket. The German law is that slower cars must move to the right if a faster car is approaching them if they do not then they get a ticket, assuming you have an officer around.
If you saw how bright my E92 high beams are you would pull over if I turned them on while behind you
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #120
mesier1111
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
California Vehicle Code Section 21753. Except when passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall safely move to the right-hand side of the highway in favor of the overtaking vehicle after an audible signal or a momentary flash of headlights by the overtaking vehicle, and shall not increase the speed of his or her vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle. This section does not require the driver of an overtaken vehicle to drive on the shoulder of the highway in order to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass.

Source: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21753.htm
Luv a guy who brings facts to an argument.........I mean discussion
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #121
mesier1111
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundelman View Post
I read/hear 'asshole' and 'BMW' synonomous with one another more than any other related car brand, ie, Acura, Lexus, Audi. Except for maybe Porsche.
Why do assholes like BMW's so much? It's a great car that's getting such a bad rep from it's buyers. "There goes another a-hole BMW driver" is just too common. It's making me have doubts about buying one because I love the car, but who the hell wants that stigma posed on him? Wish there was some imperical data on this somewhere. An Asshole:BMW ratio metric maybe....
This sounds like my GF's friend, first time I met her and she saw my car. My GF said nothing so I said, "I'm not an asshole, I just know I am better than you cause I own a BMW and you can't afford one". Told my GF that I don't like making liars out of people, so you call me an asshole, I become one Needless to say, that was the last time any of her friends gave me any shit. Don't judge before you know me, thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #122
Papandreo
Rep
Drives: TiAg on order

I second with Magna3

Apologies work wonders......you may get to know someone totally different.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #123
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
you're not passing cars with your kids in the car are you?
Is that wrong? I do it with my cousin(s) sometimes but just for laughs. And by "it" I mean drifting and driving fast.

Pimp Star
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #124
Zaky56
Must Stop the Fuel Pump Epidemic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
nothing personal, but the farther north you go the higher your chances of running into questionable characters. I'd rather tangle with a level headed tough guy then a wacko with poor decision making skills and nothing much to lose.
I agree with u on that one
      07-21-2007, 03:42 AM   #125
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Tell him it's a free country and feel free to stay at home.

No really, I am kidding! You do drive like an asshole. Good riddance he made you see the light but it's okay because I am an asshole too.
Appreciate 0