E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Got Called an A-hole This Morning

07-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #67
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
in cali, flash ur high beam and they must move to the right.
I ask you to show us the law that says this. As far as I know, this is not legal or required in any state. Even in Germany on the Autobaum, get caught flashing the headlights will get you a ticket. The German law is that slower cars must move to the right if a faster car is approaching them if they do not then they get a ticket, assuming you have an officer around.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-19-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #68
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 View Post
The guy insulted you. It is a road rage. Right or wrong you can't tell another person how to drive. It is job for police.
We have plenty of a-holes here in Canada driving at or below speed limit in the left lane. I have strong desire to pass them on the right (which I do) and test brake them or stop and call them names, but I don't do that because I have no right to teach other people how to drive.
The guy is an a-hole himself and was looking for a fight, otherwise he would just call to police.
aint that the truth... everytime i drive there's some f@ckign idiot in the left lane going below speed limit, it drives me INSANE.. how hard is it to move f#@cking over to the right lane and let people pass!!! i swear it bugs me so much I just wanna run them off the road... when I pass them they give me this look like i'm doing something wrong, MOVE OVER B!TCH !!!!!!! arggg

ok i feel better now
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #69
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong View Post
We've all hit 90 without even knowing it. Street racing on the other hand is a whole other story, and should never be tolerated.
To me street racing on a divided highway up to the speed limit and then shutting it off is much safer than doing 90mph and passing people on a rural road. Not advocating it, just saying that either of them depend on the situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #70
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I swear, one day when some a$$hole doesnt move to the right from the far left lane, I will do something really bad to him/her, so I can be in the news, and all other shitheads can see what will happen to them if they do not move to the right when clearly they are not the fastest on the road.
Just typoing this makes me mad, and you can call me phyco or whatever you want, but one day my nerves will snap, and I will brake someone's head, especially if he/she steps on the brakes when I am trying to pass in the far left lane....ughhhhh ughhhhh\

Sorry but I had to VENT
      07-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #71
Zaky56
Must Stop the Fuel Pump Epidemic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

The only reason why it gets so personal is that there are kids involved. . as you can see. None of these guys know of the roads that ur driving on you obviously do this drive on a daily basis so u know them like the back of your hand (hopefully). As long as you know what ur doing and not pushing the limits then ur fine, but dont get kids involved its not worth it and if something were to happen i dont think anyone would be able to live with that guilt. So in the end drive safe with the kid and have fun without. Just be safe and make sure u really know what ur doing.

As for the real asshole he cant do anything as reporting you to the cops or anything. The officer has to see it for himself for him to charge you with anything. It does not matter if he gives them ur plates. At worst case the will set up a speed trap or something if they get enough complaints. As of right now ur ok and that guy cant do crap besides be sad at life. lol. But that doesn't stop anything from the future.. Best of luck to ya man and Goodluck.
      07-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #72
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

The real question is are you really an asshole? If so, welcome to the world of self-realization, hope you enjoy the trip. If not, then get over it.

As a matter of fact, either way get over it and if you're acting like an asshole then stop it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #73
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
The real question is are you really an asshole? If so, welcome to the world of self-realization, hope you enjoy the trip. If not, then get over it.

As a matter of fact, either way get over it and if you're acting like an asshole then stop it.
+1 well said sir.

I get yelled at all the time and I honestly dont drive like an ass. Some people just get sad for getting passed. They think they own the road or something. They never share HAHAHA
      07-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #74
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

In California, do they teach you proper driving etiquette in driving school? or do they raffle driver licenses to kids like you?

Quote:
in cali, flash ur high beam and they must move to the right.
if they don't, then i usually move couple lanes over to pass
Quote:
lol, i'm usually chill on the road. i let my car hang around 75 on the fast lane and if someone comes to close and tries to cut me off, i usually don't let them
      07-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #75
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

Quote:
hope u do know that the fast lane doesn't mean it has no speed limit. 65mph is the speedlimit on most highways here in bay area. goin 75 is well speeding.
And I hope you realize what the law is in your state. In most states (including California) the law is that if you are not keeping up with traffic, you are required to move the right lane. That means if the speed limit is 65 and normal traffic is moving at 75, you can get a ticket for going 65 in the left lane and forcing people to pass you on the right. In a handful of states, it is illegal to be in the left at all unless you are passing someone. Bottom line, get out of the left lane unless you are passing someone, and whatever you do, don't be a complete asshat and speed up when someone goes to pass you.
      07-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #76
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker View Post
So I was dropping my kid off this morning and as I’m getting ready to leave some guy walks up to my window looking like he wants to talk to me. I roll down my window and he launches into me by saying that if I ever pass him again like I did this morning he is going to call the cops. He said I’ve done it twice on this narrow road, and he is tired of seeing me do 90 mph on it, and that I drive like an asshole.

Now I’m pretty taken back by this whole thing, and pretty much utter a “yeah whatever man” and he again tells me that I drive like an asshole and that people have died on that road and he has my plate number and will turn me in if I pass him again.

So at this point I have had enough and I tell him to do what ever he wants or something along those lines, and he walks away. Not the best of comebacks on my part I’m sad to say. Now I’m sitting here thinking about this whole deal and I’m of two minds.

On the one hand the guy is probably right. It is a narrow twisty road, and I do pass a lot of people on my way to work on it. Many times at a very high rate of speed. Maybe even 90. You are allowed to pass on most of it, but I do drive too fast. I let my impatience get in the way, and my car does give me a sense of overconfidence. However, I do only pass when I can see that the road is clear of oncoming traffic. Since it is narrow; you get fairly close to other cars when you pass them, and I can see how this might scare or piss off people. So in that regard the guy has a good point. I’m driving too aggressively and need to back off and slow down.

On the other hand I’m thinking, who the hell is this guy to get in my face? To walk up to me and talk to me as though he has some moral superiority. Granted the guy is probably some GS type that always feels that way about everyone, but still WTF? Not to mention the guy called me an asshole not once but twice. That is not the way you talk to someone and I do not respond to that well. That only makes me want to pass him going so fast that his car lurches.

Anyway, I’m not sure what the whole point of this thread is. Other than maybe to discover if I truly turned into a dreaded Bimmer asshole…or maybe have been one all along.

Thoughts?

he has ur plate but doesnt have ur name..how can he prove it's you that's driving? either way....screw him
      07-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #77
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
In California, do they teach you proper driving etiquette in driving school? or do they raffle driver licenses to kids like you?
I heard they put names in barrel and spin it. Then they pick 30 names a day and just send them a license. No purchase necessary just fill out an entry card and mail it in.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #78
MikeCCrutchfield
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucas730 View Post
And I hope you realize what the law is in your state. In most states (including California) the law is that if you are not keeping up with traffic, you are required to move the right lane. That means if the speed limit is 65 and normal traffic is moving at 75, you can get a ticket for going 65 in the left lane and forcing people to pass you on the right. In a handful of states, it is illegal to be in the left at all unless you are passing someone. Bottom line, get out of the left lane unless you are passing someone, and whatever you do, don't be a complete asshat and speed up when someone goes to pass you.
That would be a case of the criminals (aka -The Speeders) making the law. By your justification, if I am pissed at someone, I could just make it look like they are impeding traffic (because if one person speeds, more will) and then they get a ticket for impeding traffic but I get off scott free. Umm...no, that's BS AND there is precedent in MD.

When the speed limit was 55 in I-95 in MD, 4 people got together and drove 55mph in each lane right next to each other. When they went to court, the Judge ruled that they COULDN'T be impeding traffic because they were all driving LEGALLY. If they went faster than 55, they would have been speeding, since they were all going 55 and happened to all be next to each other, well, none could successfully pass the other, BUT there is no law saying that you have to slow down and get behind the person you are "Passing"

In the next year or so, the speed limit was raised to 65
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #79
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
They hand em out like candy... Easily the worst drivers in the world.

And if u high beam someone in LA, you will find an occasional person here and there (rare) that will get outta the way. But MOST of the time they stay right there in the way for no reason.

I dont even bother signaling anymore cuz these bastards speed up to block you when they see that.

LOS ANGELES HAS THE WORST DRIVERS!! Shelfish, greedy bastards that dont want anyone in front of them and drive UNDER the speed limits in the fast lanes..

Sorry for the rant but I battle with these guys on a daily basis.
      07-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #80
MikeCCrutchfield
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I cant believe this happened in Germany....When I initially read the post, I thought that it is in USA.
MAYBE you thought that because *gasp* AMERICANS living in Germany (Imagine that) were involved. Germans have no qualms about giving you a tung lashing though, if you are doing something wrong, but they can't flick you off because that is illegal.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #81
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
If he called me a asshole then ill act like one, by laughing then rolling up my windows and peeling off.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #82
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
If he called me a asshole then ill act like one, by laughing then rolling up my windows and peeling off.
I do the laughing and wave thing its soo great. . It pisses them off sooooo much more!
      07-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #83
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

What’s the rush? Is there a reason you have to pass people up on this road. I could understand if you find grandpa in front of you going 20 below the limit, but if your passing for shits and grins, then ya you might be acting like an a-hole.

I see there are a lot of tough guys on this forum, one word of advice, when a person feels that you are in any way shape or form endangering their kids be cautious, very cautious about how you handle the situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #84
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
I do the laughing and wave thing its soo great. . It pisses them off sooooo much more!
You must be picturing some little old man in your scenario. Up here in norcal, that sort of behavior might just get you your ass handed to ya.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #85
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Crutch 325i View Post
That would be a case of the criminals (aka -The Speeders) making the law. By your justification, if I am pissed at someone, I could just make it look like they are impeding traffic (because if one person speeds, more will) and then they get a ticket for impeding traffic but I get off scott free. Umm...no, that's BS AND there is precedent in MD.

When the speed limit was 55 in I-95 in MD, 4 people got together and drove 55mph in each lane right next to each other. When they went to court, the Judge ruled that they COULDN'T be impeding traffic because they were all driving LEGALLY. If they went faster than 55, they would have been speeding, since they were all going 55 and happened to all be next to each other, well, none could successfully pass the other, BUT there is no law saying that you have to slow down and get behind the person you are "Passing"

In the next year or so, the speed limit was raised to 65
Do you have a reference for your supposed story because quite frankly, I doubt it. The law IS, in no uncertain terms, that you need to stay to the right if you are not keeping up with the normal speed of traffic. Period. This is precisely to cut down on left lane vigilantes, a form of road rage.

There was a video floating around a while back of a group driving side by side holding up traffic around Atlanta, but no one was ever charged in that incident.
      07-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #86
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
What’s the rush? Is there a reason you have to pass people up on this road. I could understand if you find grandpa in front of you going 20 below the limit, but if your passing for shits and grins, then ya you might be acting like an a-hole.

I see there are a lot of tough guys on this forum, one word of advice, when a person feels that you are in any way shape or form endangering their kids be cautious, very cautious about how you handle the situation.
Sell ur car then and get a hybrid. .

I doubt anyone is trying to be a tough guy we are just enjoying our toys. It the thrill of driving. I dont get on the road and like "i am going to drive like an ass" Its those greedy bastards that think they own the road. . If ur drving slow and with traffic get ur ass to the side or get outta the way. Why do u have to be the kill joy for others that are having fun with there cars?? Driving is not just a task or a thing we have to do. I LOVE DRIVING!
      07-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #87
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
You must be picturing some little old man in your scenario. Up here in norcal, that sort of behavior might just get you your ass handed to ya.
Thats why i keep a baseball bat in my car...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #88
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.
Canada
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / Past: F10,E92, E46

it's a good sign you admit some of your aggressiveness. you should listen to him (and yourself), and slow down. no matter how good you think you are.. you're not. no one is. especially with children in the backseat.. take it easy. It's better to be 1 minute late vs the alternative of being seriously hurt.
Appreciate 0