F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N13 Codes: 130108, 120408. HELP!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-20-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
Hyko
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e60 523i

Angry N13 Codes: 130108, 120408. HELP!

Hello!

Ive been a proud owner of the most shit engine in the world now for some months. The beutiful N13. I have a 3-series 316i 2012. With about 15xxx kilometers. If you even wanna call that a bmw or some mom car it is up to you.

I have now got a problem with what seems to be the Vanos system in the car. Where i got the code 130108 about the vanos that did not tell me anything. I've tried to search online for awnsers but i got nothing from it. Except 20 diffrent solutions that could range from 5 dollar fix to rebuilding the whole engine.

The same story goes for the 120408 code. It is something about the turbo.

I have also made the misstake of calling Bmw in my area for help of some price estimate. But they where to no help, and even sounded mad that i had that problem with the car.

I have also made the brave effort of trying to make a exchange with another car. But seems to me when they hear the codes i have problem with they turn white like they saw death before them and just leave a simple nice awnser of fck no we are not trying to trade. Even with cars worth 2-3.000 dollars less than what the 316i is on the market for. Ive tried mayby 15 diffent cars.

So here I am, the first post ever in a car forum for some kind of awnser. Do someone know these codes already? Something you have been through? Or something similar. Is the best way to maybe kiss a tree 60 km/h and claim insurance or is it woth fixing? I will get rid of the car ether way if i fix it or not. Because fk that car and that engine.

Hope you can read my anger in this post. Nothing directed at the reader

Thanks beforehand!

Best wishes
Hyko
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 03:33 PM   #2
Hyko
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e60 523i

FIX

The guy i sold it to changed the vanos. The timing chain timing was wrong so he timed it and put in a update for the timing chain software? He fixed it for about 700 dollars. So do not kiss a tree in 60km/h and claim insurance.
Appreciate 0