E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > ED Delivery Trip .. Need help with things to do.

07-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
ED Delivery Trip .. Need help with things to do.

Hey guys I will be in Germany from 9/19 - 9/24 (Wed-Mon)to pick up my car for the Euro Delivery. Oktoberfest starts that Sat so I was planning on going to that as I thought it would be a blast. My question is as follows:

1) I want to hit up the Nurburgring for a day ... I was thinking Friday... but i noticed it says that the ring is only open to the public on Sat & Sun .. Im not planning on driving my new car on the track but wanted to book the Ring Taxi ride in the M5 ...so my question is what day would be best to do that? also how long of a drive is the ring from Munich

2) Besides the ring and Oktoberfest what else would you guys recommend doing? I will be taking my GF with me so I need to keep it PG-13/R rated at most lol. I heard Prague is fun ... anyone have insite on that?

Also Im having a hell of time finding a room in Munich as all the rooms seemed to be sold out for Oktoberfest except for $600 a night Hiltons. Anyone have alternative ideas of where to stay that we could just take the train into town for the day ?
________
Cvh Engine
________
LovelyWendie
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA
________
Live sex
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Take your GF true the Alps to Italy: Lake Como, Milan, Venice!
You will have fun to drive your new car - she will have fun to shopping there!
      07-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVKI89 View Post
Take your GF true the Alps to Italy: Lake Como, Milan, Venice!
You will have fun to drive your new car - she will have fun to shopping there!
LOL ...

Thanks for the idea ... I think I got the trip planned out thou. I really wanted to hit up the Nurburgring but it seems like its not going to happen as they are having some historical race that weekend and no "ring taxi" is available.

So it looks like Im picking up the car on wed, hanging out on thursday, then driving to Prague Thursday afternoon and wondering around in Prague Friday & Sat and driving back to Munich on Sunday for the Oktoberfest and and flying out Monday.

Anyone been to Prague ? can anyone recommend what to do there ? what about in Munich?
________
Ford wiki history
________
BABE VIDS
________
Burgman
________
Depakote lawsuit information
________
ROLL A JOINT

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
LOL ...
Anyone been to Prague ? can anyone recommend what to do there ? what about in Munich?
I was in Prague (Praha, as locals like to call themselves) three (3) years ago during New Year Celebrations. Here is a list of toursit attractions:
  • The famous Charles bridge in MI;
  • Old town square;
  • Prague Castle;
  • Estate Theatre (opera, ballet, musical, play, or other performances);
  • National Museum.
Here is the web site that can also help:
http://www.pragueexperience.com/sigh...ttractions.asp
      07-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

1. I have not been to the Ring but I think Saturday would be best for you. I planned to visit it on my last ED and recalled the drive to be quite far from Munich. It's about 332 miles from Munich to the Nurburgring. So depending on the traffic and the speed limits (or lack of it) you're looking at about 5 hours on average.

2. If you arrive in the morning or afternoon you could go to the Marienplatz and take a tour of the city. Or you can visit it at night and just walk around to see what the night life is like there. They have a lot of restaurants around the area so you can also have dinner there.

Here are my opinion and tips based on my last trip.

You actually only have 4 full days in to do whatever you want since you will most likely arrive either in the late morning/afternoon/or evening time and will probably be tired from the trip. So if you arrive in the morning, you can take a quick nap - DO NOT FALL ASLEEP!!!!! and just take the tour at Marienplatz and walk around the city (or take the subway or your car if you've already picked it up). For night time I'd still go to Marienplatz- it's a beautiful plaza and have dinner there.

You should go to Fussen and visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. If you do this make sure you leave around 8 (or before) in the morning. You should be able to tour the castle and have lunch there and be done around 12 (or before). Then drive another 2 hours or so to Lindau and spend the afternoon/evening there. You can spend the night there for make the 3-4 hour drive back to Munich.

Salzburg and Innbruck are also great choices for a one-day trip.

You can visit Rothenburg (a few hours away from Munich) and spend the day there.

Since you're gonna be in Germany, you should make plan to visit Dachau as well. You could probably visit Dachau in the morning and then make the drive to Rothenburg and spend the rest of the day there. Keep in mind that they're not open on Mondays.

Berlin is also a cool place to visit. If you choose this route you should plan to spend a night there. There are a lot to see and do just around Germany alone. You should spend time getting to know the surroundings. Dont worry about visiting other countries and such because it will drive you crazy. YOu wont have any time to actually enjoy the trip. So basically, just plan for 3 days instead of 4. This way you have an extra day to react if anything were to happen.

Last thought- most shops are closed on Sundays so if you're planning to buy souvenirs, you should plan to do it at the earliest opportunity. I think there are less shops opened during the weekend but almost everything is closed on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
I was in Prague (Praha, as locals like to call themselves) three (3) years ago during New Year Celebrations. Here is a list of toursit attractions:
  • Old town square;
  • Prague Castle;
  • National Museum.

Nice! Thanks for the link ...

Can you recommend and places for night life? Im sure we will be down to go out to some clubs. I was told that the club in the opening scene in the cheezy movie XXX (with Vin Diesel) was in Prague ... I want to go to some cool ass club like that if there is in fact one like that there.
________
Electronic Cigarettes
________
Depakote death
________
Addison'S Disease Forums
________
Soldering Iron Vape
________
Avandia lawsuit

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
1. I have not been to the Ring but I think Saturday would be best for you. I planned to visit it on my last ED and recalled the drive to be quite far from Munich. It's about 332 miles from Munich to the Nurburgring. So depending on the traffic and the speed limits (or lack of it) you're looking at about 5 hours on average.

2. If you arrive in the morning or afternoon you could go to the Marienplatz and take a tour of the city. Or you can visit it at night and just walk around to see what the night life is like there. They have a lot of restaurants around the area so you can also have dinner there.

Here are my opinion and tips based on my last trip.

You actually only have 4 full days in to do whatever you want since you will most likely arrive either in the late morning/afternoon/or evening time and will probably be tired from the trip. So if you arrive in the morning, you can take a quick nap - DO NOT FALL ASLEEP!!!!! and just take the tour at Marienplatz and walk around the city (or take the subway or your car if you've already picked it up). For night time I'd still go to Marienplatz- it's a beautiful plaza and have dinner there.

You should go to Fussen and visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. If you do this make sure you leave around 8 (or before) in the morning. You should be able to tour the castle and have lunch there and be done around 12 (or before). Then drive another 2 hours or so to Lindau and spend the afternoon/evening there. You can spend the night there for make the 3-4 hour drive back to Munich.

Salzburg and Innbruck are also great choices for a one-day trip.

You can visit Rothenburg (a few hours away from Munich) and spend the day there.

Since you're gonna be in Germany, you should make plan to visit Dachau as well. You could probably visit Dachau in the morning and then make the drive to Rothenburg and spend the rest of the day there. Keep in mind that they're not open on Mondays.

Berlin is also a cool place to visit. If you choose this route you should plan to spend a night there. There are a lot to see and do just around Germany alone. You should spend time getting to know the surroundings. Dont worry about visiting other countries and such because it will drive you crazy. YOu wont have any time to actually enjoy the trip. So basically, just plan for 3 days instead of 4. This way you have an extra day to react if anything were to happen.

Last thought- most shops are closed on Sundays so if you're planning to buy souvenirs, you should plan to do it at the earliest opportunity. I think there are less shops opened during the weekend but almost everything is closed on Sunday.
Thanks for all the great ideas ... I agree with you that Im not going to have time to do everything so I narrowed it down for now to this:

Wed - Land in Munich / Pick up Car / Check In hotel / take it easy
Thursday - Tour around Munich / Drive in the late afternoon to Prague
Friday & Sat - In Prague
Sunday - Get up early drive back to Munich / check in hotel /and celebrate Oktoberfest
Monday - Check out / Fly back to LA / Fly Back to Vegas

What would you recommend doing in Munich on Thursday ?
________
VOLCANO DIGITAL VAPORIZER
________
Michigan dispensaries
________
Vermont Marijuana Dispensaries
________
Krystal19
________
Web shows

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

prague is awesome. go visit the charles bridge to get some unique one off items. also visit the castle ( i cant think of the name). Also they have some great clubs in downtown and beer is literally 50 cents for this huge ass glass! I would recommend staying at the hilton, its very nice and very inexpensive.

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

take a look at my link below to my euro delivery. The Alps are a great drive and superb views. Mittenwald was awesome and we took a tram to the top of a mountain, incredible view, very memorable. Innsbruck Austria is also a good day trip. The river cruises on the Rhine are also wonderful.

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Thanks for all the great ideas ... I agree with you that Im not going to have time to do everything so I narrowed it down for now to this:

Friday & Sat - In Prague
Sunday - Get up early drive back to Munich / check in hotel /and celebrate Oktoberfest

Plan looks great!

You could take a tour of the city early in the morning and then either go to Dachau (concentration camp) or drive to Rothenburg and spend the day there. At night you can go back to Marienplatz and see it at night (all the lights make it look awesome!!). Oh in Marienplatz there is a clock tower that you could climb to the top and have a good view of the city.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 11:12 PM   #11
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:

Friday & Sat - In Prague

NO FACTORY TOUR????
      07-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #12
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Remember to sleep.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #13
bemmin335
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
  • Old town square;
  • Prague Castle;
  • National Museum.
Ok...if you are going to Prague and want to score major points with the GF...get yourself a nice bottle of wine (make sure you have an opener too), buy a couple nice wine glasses (ones that you like and can keep for a nice souviner) and stow them away in a bag/backpack. Then enjoy the city of Prague for the day, have a nice dinner, visit some of the local shops, and when the time is right (sometime after dark) take your girl out on the Charles Bridge find a place with a good view and bust out the wine and glasses. "Wine on the Charles Bridge in Praque...Priceless!" Trust me it works.
Attached Images

"The Ring"
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #14
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

http://www.hofbrauhaus.com/index.htm...c623e01614fab6

Just go to the Hofbrau House and enjoy yourself. Prague is great, you could spend SO much time there.

I would go to Geneva, it's amazing and you would get to do some good driving too, that's just me though.

Have fun and enjoy, the weather should be good, and who knows you might see me at Oktoberfest (but you would never know it...lol)
      07-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #15
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M

I've got a full report on my (albeit brief) ED trip this Spring...might give you some ideas...

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/travel.html

Look under item 8.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #16
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Nice! Thanks for the link ...

Can you recommend and places for night life? Im sure we will be down to go out to some clubs. I was told that the club in the opening scene in the cheezy movie XXX (with Vin Diesel) was in Prague ... I want to go to some cool ass club like that if there is in fact one like that there.
My wife and I went to the Raduta Jazz Club (near the Old Town Square) three (3) times because it was so good!

We did the NY Celebrations on the Old Town Square and got showered with champagn.
      07-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #17
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVKI89 View Post
NO FACTORY TOUR????
Do you have a link to info on the factory tour? How would I book that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335viaSTi
http://www.hofbrauhaus.com/index.htm...23e01614f ab6

Just go to the Hofbrau House and enjoy yourself. Prague is great, you could spend SO much time there.

I would go to Geneva, it's amazing and you would get to do some good driving too, that's just me though.

Have fun and enjoy, the weather should be good, and who knows you might see me at Oktoberfest (but you would never know it...lol)
I'll have to lookin to the Geneva ride ... Also I was looking at the Tents for Sunday and most seemed to be booked up ... I was also looking at the reservation forms and they say that they are for parties of 6 or more ... do you think since it will be me and my girl we can just walk up and get seated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmin335
Ok...if you are going to Prague and want to score major points with the GF...get yourself a nice bottle of wine (make sure you have an opener too), buy a couple nice wine glasses (ones that you like and can keep for a nice souviner) and stow them away in a bag/backpack. Then enjoy the city of Prague for the day, have a nice dinner, visit some of the local shops, and when the time is right (sometime after dark) take your girl out on the Charles Bridge find a place with a good view and bust out the wine and glasses. "Wine on the Charles Bridge in Praque...Priceless!" Trust me it works.
I'll do that for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien
My wife and I went to the Raduta Jazz Club (near the Old Town Square) three (3) times because it was so good!

We did the NY Celebrations on the Old Town Square and got showered with champagn.
I'll check that out for sure ... thanks for the idea
________
Full Melt Hash
________
7Y
________
Herbal store
________
Harriet
________
Lulutrans

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0