Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

12-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #23
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Cool!

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for my redelivery at the Performance Center after ED. Car is landing in 2 days!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #24
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Brings back memories from my PCD in 2012. Loved the lunch funny enough, felt like I could have eaten everything there twice. Thanks for posting, great write-up.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Congratulations. It seems so strange to me to have two of the same car in the household. Did one of you consider an M4?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #26
audihere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and Clown Shoe

You guys should get license plate frames that say "MY OTHER CAR IS AN M3 TOO."

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #27
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

great post and vids. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
EzequielR
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: E92 08 328xi

This is really cool, I hope my wife will agree to something like this when I get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
The lack of love won't come from the fact that it's not on a race track but rather that it is on the ground and, in fact, ruined.
my 2 feets are currently on the ground, are they ruined? haha
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #29
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Different Ones

This is awesome!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #30
inagua
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

Very cool experience looks like.
Add one to my bucket list.
Thank you for sharing
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #31
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Now, that's a story.
      12-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #32
cctm4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Very cool write up. Thanks for the thorough rundown and pictures. My gf read it with me and now she wants an m4 and a ED and PCD. FML!
      12-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
ewohar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I Dinan Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Nice pics and story. Dont be so close minded. Both are great transmissions. Youre starting to seem insecure about your tranny lol
I'm so stuck in my ways

Believe me, I'm already planning on sitting my curmudgeon-old-ass on my front porch with beer in hand yelling at kids to get off my damn lawn.

But, even though I'm not a fan of the DCT (keeping in mind my allegiance to manuals), it was far and away better than a run-of-the-mill auto trans. I would say anyone who likes an auto would be very pleased. That's assuming they don't upshift with the wiper stalk (I can't tell you how many times I did that )
I did the PCD in Spartansburg with European delivery today too. Did this with my 18 year old son. He had a blast. Mineral grey m235 with red interior. Laying up in Asheville tonight and will drive back to MD tomorrow morning. Have over 1k miles on the car already from cruising in Germany and Italy. I'd say by the time we get home the break in period will be over and let the fun begin.

Best part of the experience today was the track time in my opinion. You can really wind these cars up and get some speed around the corners. Very solid machines if you push them hard.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #34
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Awesome I am doing the same re-delivery of my M5 from my Euro-delivery!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #35
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
SO on SO is a win!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #36
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Thanks for sharing... again!

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #37
ciressiws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Smile Just at the right time

Great to read this,
We will fly down to pick up my F80 tomorrow, to take delivery on Friday.
We had our ED on Sept. 19th and since we are originally from Switzerland we took 4 1/2 weeks off to hike the mountains and ride great roads in Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.
I can't wait to be back in this car again.
A good thing is, the roads are wider than over in Europe, you had to concentrate on some of these mountain roads, the car is using a lot of road.
After delivery, we plan to ride the tail of the dragon first and after that drive the blue ridge highway northward as much as possible, as long as the weather will allow.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #38
mj41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 GC '16 X3

Love the write up, especially about coming from and married into anxiety.

Quick question, I've done ED with my E92, and am going to take the wife and 1 yr old with us to do PCD with the new M3. Do you think any issues/ logistics with taking the kid with us. Obviously he won't be in the car during the track time, but just wanted your thoughts
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #39
ScoopsLR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Nice
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #40
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Haha, I was also at the Performance Center for redelivery that day! Congrats to you both on some nice rides!
      12-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #41
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Thanks for reading, guys and gals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfanatik View Post
Cool write up. Did you notice any difference in response and acceleration between the 6MT and the DCT? E9X has a noticable difference.
Honestly...I think I would need more seat time with both transmissions to form an opinion. I didn't have many chances to really romp on the DCT at PCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Congratulations. It seems so strange to me to have two of the same car in the household. Did one of you consider an M4?
I have received this question a lot. The M3 was a perfect fit for my wife. No question about that. In my case, the more I read about the F8X Ms the less I cared about any other options. I guess I could have looked at the Stingray or the Cayman (though after I bought mine the ATSV was announced) but those just didn't do much for me. I chose the M3 over the M4 mostly because I preferred the look. Plus my wife had a miscarriage (from an unplanned pregnancy) recently and because of that experience now has the itch for a kid...so I want to be prepared with my 4 doors. Lastly, I would say that I was pushing for ED for her car and with me getting one too the urge for a once-in-a-lifetime dual ED just took over. I'm very happy with my decision though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audihere View Post
You guys should get license plate frames that say "MY OTHER CAR IS AN M3 TOO."

Chris
Now THAT is a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzequielR View Post
This is really cool, I hope my wife will agree to something like this when I get married.
Believe me, there was a lot of convincing I had to do. And even now that the cars are here I get the agreement held over my head a bit

But she loves her car...in time she will forget I had to convince her

Quote:
Originally Posted by inagua View Post
Very cool experience looks like.
Add one to my bucket list.
Thank you for sharing
PCD is cool but it pales in comparison to European Delivery. I highly recommend adding that to your bucket list. Especially the Nurburgring. That's got to be the #1 bucket list for petrolheads. I could die a happy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cct3me View Post
Very cool write up. Thanks for the thorough rundown and pictures. My gf read it with me and now she wants an m4 and a ED and PCD. FML!
Sorry about that! I'm responsible for many friends selling their cars to buy new ones. I tell them I'm the "automotive Sandman"... sewing the seeds of automotive change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewohar View Post
I did the PCD in Spartansburg with European delivery today too. Did this with my 18 year old son. He had a blast. Mineral grey m235 with red interior. Laying up in Asheville tonight and will drive back to MD tomorrow morning. Have over 1k miles on the car already from cruising in Germany and Italy. I'd say by the time we get home the break in period will be over and let the fun begin.

Best part of the experience today was the track time in my opinion. You can really wind these cars up and get some speed around the corners. Very solid machines if you push them hard.
I agree, best part. But not nearly enough time out there! I was behind my wife and did not get to push the car as much as I would've liked. I think the M school might be in order...big money though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressiws View Post
Great to read this,
We will fly down to pick up my F80 tomorrow, to take delivery on Friday.
We had our ED on Sept. 19th and since we are originally from Switzerland we took 4 1/2 weeks off to hike the mountains and ride great roads in Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.
I can't wait to be back in this car again.
A good thing is, the roads are wider than over in Europe, you had to concentrate on some of these mountain roads, the car is using a lot of road.
After delivery, we plan to ride the tail of the dragon first and after that drive the blue ridge highway northward as much as possible, as long as the weather will allow.
The dragon is amazing! My opinion is that it is nothing like european mountain passes. It has its own brand of curves. Have you driven it before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41 View Post
Love the write up, especially about coming from and married into anxiety.

Quick question, I've done ED with my E92, and am going to take the wife and 1 yr old with us to do PCD with the new M3. Do you think any issues/ logistics with taking the kid with us. Obviously he won't be in the car during the track time, but just wanted your thoughts
I swear I'm a victim of nurtured anxiety! I now take meds for it and they don't even work. As far as bringing your kid to the PCD they are VERY strict about the 1 guest limit. Also they have a policy that if the kid (being your 1 guest) is not of a certain age, you have to sit out the driving events and tour I believe. They'll send you a big email about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post
Haha, I was also at the Performance Center for redelivery that day! Congrats to you both on some nice rides!
Awesome! Were you in our group with the M3s and X and the first tour?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #42
ciressiws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Smile Driving the dragon

I have never driven the dragon but many of my Motorcycle friends have.
I have to agree, the roads in the alps are great.
This was our third ED. (2002 330I and 2013 328I for my wife and the M3 for myself).
We might like the Blue Ridge Parkway more and hope to drive as much as possible on it. We plan some hiking in the fall on the Appalachian trail.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #43
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Awesome! Were you in our group with the M3s and X and the first tour?
We were the very first group of cars that left out after the intro in the little room, I was in the 235. I ended up taking delivery and heading out after the M5 hotlap, had an 8 hour drive back home on the day before Thanksgiving, so wanted a head start. This was also my 3rd PCD, so skipping the factory tour and off-road course wasn't too disappointing.

I think I remember you guys from the shuttle over from the hotel in the morning because I recall the driver saying your names twice when he took role. My friend and I were sitting to your left on the shuttle I believe.
      12-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #44
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post
We were the very first group of cars that left out after the intro in the little room, I was in the 235. I ended up taking delivery and heading out after the M5 hotlap, had an 8 hour drive back home on the day before Thanksgiving, so wanted a head start. This was also my 3rd PCD, so skipping the factory tour and off-road course wasn't too disappointing.

I think I remember you guys from the shuttle over from the hotel in the morning because I recall the driver saying your names twice when he took role. My friend and I were sitting to your left on the shuttle I believe.
Ah, yes! I remember seeing you guys. Yeah, we were the "times two" folks in the roll call

Wow! 3 PCDs? I agree...not much point to the tour and off-road portion in your case.
Appreciate 0