E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need help where to buy concert tickets safely (after a rant)

07-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Need help where to buy concert tickets safely (after a rant)

Hi gang. Have to do something I promised to myself never to do, but I'm going to make an exception only because it's for my daughter. I'm talking about never buying tickets from f*&#ing ticketmaster. Well, now I hate them even more. Promised my daughter to take her to a Gaga concert, and my wife was glued the moment tickets were supposed to be available. NOTHING. To make a long story short, the first hour was off limits to the public. The second that tickets were made available to the public, NOTHING was left, except the crappiest tickets at the very top. Found out the a**holes sell the tickets to scalpers (including one they reportedly own) during that hour. My daughter told me tickets were available on such sites WEEKS before tickets became available. WTF? Going to concerts, games, and races are one of the few things many Americans can do, and these freaking creeps take that away from us . I can't believe nobody has done anything about it. Another great American story: making a fortune without doing anything, and getting away with it. Geez.

Anyway, now not only I have to buy (indirectly) from those pigs, but at double the price. I gave up an Indy 500 race because of that, but won't break my daughter's heart, so will buy the tickets. After doing some research, there're horror stories from all sites I could find, so need some guidance from the experts PLEASE .

Concert is in Phoenix on the 31st. I have a hotel room secured already, and will leave El Paso, TX early Saturday morning to allow plenty of time (Oh, and if somebody has traveled thru hwy 70/60 from Lordsburg, NM to Phoenix, rather than I-10 all the way, please comment on that choice). Most sites say on thier fine print they don't have the tickets, might never get them, no refunds, all sales final, etc, so paying for 'expedited' shipping is simply a waste of money. And on comments read that folks received PAPER tickets when they were expecting the real thing, and some were fake. I want to buy REAL tickets to avoid a disaster, if possible. Thanks in advance for your help gang.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-14-2010 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

yes
      07-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

#1. http://www.stubhub.com/concert-tickets/

#2 I have made the drive on my way to Tucson, where I go to college several times. Go 60/70 through the Globe area, your BMW will love you. Some of the most scenic, twisty and beautiful roads in Arizona.

Oh, and i feel sorry for you. 7 hours for Lady gaga.

07-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
I have made the drive on my way to Tucson, where I go to college several times. Go 60/70 through the Globe area, your BMW will love you. Some of the most scenic, twisty and beautiful roads in Arizona.
Thanks a lot man. May I ask you if those roads (and approx how much) are 4-lane highways? Are they in good shape? And how about if you save any time over the weekend? Going I-10 is 437 miles, and thru Globe exactly 400. And last but not least, any known construction going on there? I wouldn't mind taking a bit longer, but don't want to make an extra hour or two. I can always take that route on the way back, but would prefer both ways . Thx.

Quote:
Oh, and i feel sorry for you. 7 hours for Lady gaga.
Don't get me started man. And it's 7 hours EACH WAY. Plus the concert. Plus whatever time I'll have to hear her on the car too . Seriously, hope to be able to get closer to my daughter, so I'm looking forward to it. At least she'll remember me for something 'cool' we did together. . It's going to be our first concert (yep, it'll be my first too). And might have to leave the M3 behind so she can drive too. Will let the weather make the decision for me.

Hey, thanks for the site. Have you used it personally? That's the one I was told was owned by ticketmaster. Will call tomorrow to see which site has actual tickets on hand. Otherwise you might never get the tickets. Yes, you can get a refund but the damage would be done. Maybe my other daughter and wife's idea of me dressing like Gaga and singing Karaoke on a local contest to win 2 all-expenses-paid tickets to Gaga wasn't such a bad idea . Naaaah! Rather pay for them . Take care.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-15-2010 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
We were running out of time, so just bought them at that site. To add insult to injury, had to pay an additional $40. Damn. Hope at least I get real tickets. I'd appreciate your answers about hwy 70/60. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
We were running out of time, so just bought them at that site. To add insult to injury, had to pay an additional $40. Damn. Hope at least I get real tickets. I'd appreciate your answers about hwy 70/60. Take care.
I used that site for Lakers tickets before. They are legit. But yeah, paying that 10% fee or whatever hurts.

Have fun at the concert.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
firstkill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

dont worry stub hub is legit,

they just rip you off with fees, but if its a family thing then so be it.

fk
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

DONT BUY THE INSURANCE, its a waste of money

Its 3rd party and you have to go through hell providing evidence as to why you missed the concert
      07-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

World's Greatest Dad Award?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I don't know, the route through Globe is mostly 2-lane twisties with lots of stunning Western Arizonan scenery. Look it up on google earth, but I don't know about construction (I'm at home in Missouri atm.)

Yeah, 2nded for world's greatest dad.
      07-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I don't know, the route through Globe is mostly 2-lane twisties with lots of stunning Western Arizonan scenery.
Thanks man. If weather is nice and end up taking the M3, will go that route and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
World's Greatest Dad Award?
Hardly. Should have done many things differently to earn that distinction (hard to do it right with firstborns IMO). But I do the best I can .

Thanks for all the comments gang.
Appreciate 0